2016: What then?

YoungRepublican

Dec 21, 2012
New Jersey
What do we plan to do in 2016? What happens when Republicans like me want to put up Christie, or Huntsman, and "Repub... I cant even do it, Tea Partiers like some .of you want to put up a Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, or Herman Cain? Being that the primaries are held in states where Republicans that have brains reside, we will probably win. I see it as us- NH,FL, NV, MN, MI, Minn. Wa. Co. /you- IA, Wy, Az. Will it be another Romney where you force him to "excite the base" or will you just break off and make a third party led by a Jim Demint or Ted Cruz, or please, please, an Allen West? What is it going to be, are we going to unite together behind one conservative goal, conceding certain goals to one another, or will it be the same childish, if I can't have what I want no one can.

I am not talking about Democrats or libertarians or anything like that. Just talking to GOPers here. What do we want to do? I think there is still room in this party for all of us and we can unite, but the question is, do you?

What do we plan to do in 2016? What happens when Republicans like me want to put up Christie, or Huntsman, and "Repub... I cant even do it, Tea Partiers like some .of you want to put up a Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, or Herman Cain? Being that the primaries are held in states where Republicans that have brains reside, we will probably win. I see it as us- NH,FL, NV, MN, MI, Minn. Wa. Co. /you- IA, Wy, Az. Will it be another Romney where you force him to "excite the base" or will you just break off and make a third party led by a Jim Demint or Ted Cruz, or please, please, an Allen West? What is it going to be, are we going to unite together behind one conservative goal, conceding certain goals to one another, or will it be the same childish, if I can't have what I want no one can.

I am not talking about Democrats or libertarians or anything like that. Just talking to GOPers here. What do we want to do? I think there is still room in this party for all of us and we can unite, but the question is, do you?

I think they hate you even more than they hate me...

Huntsmann would make a fine President BTW

Huntsman would be an excellent candidate and attract many from the center of both parties. Not going to happen. The rightwingnuts still control too much of the primaries.

I think they hate you even more than they hate me...

Huntsmann would make a fine President BTW

I love the fact that they hate me. I feed off of it, and just reassures my politics. It's like when you go to Wal-Mart, and see all those people walking around and you all of a sudden feel better about yourself. That is the feeling I get when I show reason to the people on this board.

Huntsman was a fine choice for President. Smart, well spoken, had an in-depth knowledge on China. He was everything we needed in a Republican Candidate. He would have won too. He would have won the moderates, he wouldnt have bended to the base, and they still would have voted for him anyway because they were so afraid of Obama any way. Huntsman was my personal number one.

In the upcoming election, I like Christie. He is tough nosed, hard on the dems that are ruining this country, but willing to compromise with the ones that are doing well (like Booker). They all hate him because he was caught with Obama in a picture during Sandy, but they don't understand what a disaster is, and think that everything is political. My grandmother is from Toms River, its down the shore in NJ, and if my president and Gov. weren't there to help I would be ashamed. It doesnt matter Dem, Rep, Commi, a disaster is a disaster and that should have been that.

Ted Cruz is our only hope, we can't win without a chunk of the hispanic vote, he would need to run a lot of ads in Spanish. same with Rubio, make him Speaker of The House, he can also run ads for Ted Cruz. If it comes down to Cruz/Paul or Cruz/Christie, conservatives/liberals and Republicans will be happy.

Ted Cruz is our only hope, we can't win without a chunk of the hispanic vote, he would need to run a lot of ads in Spanish. same with Rubio, make him Speaker of The House, he can also run ads for Ted Cruz. If it comes down to Cruz/Paul or Cruz/Christie, conservatives/liberals and Republicans will be happy.

Stay with me on this one, because Cruz confuses my personal values, a lot.

I like the idea of a Christie/Cruz Ticket, however i would like to know a little more about Ted Cruz aside from the ACA debate. I like his positions on education, allowing for states to determine their educational needs and how he opposed the Dept. of Education. His stance on immigration won't win over too many Hispanic votes though. He once stated that " We have a crisis in illegal immigration, and the federal government must get serious about securing our borders; this latest Obama policy is nothing more than an attempt to enact back-door amnesty, and I categorically oppose amnesty." and not that I don't support that position, when talking about getting Hispanics to vote R, that won't win to many over.

Now, he comes from Texas, and I know how they love their guns there, and I know he is a staunch supporter of the second amendments. Not that I am not, but I would like to know how he feels about things like, background checks, waiting periods, just more strict enforcement on illegal gun sales and transfers. I am personally appalled that I can walk into a gun show and just buy a rifle without any paper work. I don't think that we look at the big picture with guns, because a lot of people look at it like, I am a responsible gun owner and I don't want it to be harder for me to access my hobby, without realizing the ease of access of guns to inner city youths. It is killing them in droves and we need to look at that.

Like Ted Cruz, I support the repeal of Dodd-Frank. I support Right-to-Work states, and I support the cut of the corporate tax rate which forces corporations to move money overseas to maintain profits. If what he is saying is true when he says, "I am perfectly happy to compromise and work with anybody, Republicans, Democrats, libertarians, I'll work with Martians, if -- and the "if" is critical -- they are willing to cut spending and reduce the debt." I am with him, but the crucial "if" here is, is he really willing to work with anyone to get things done. Cutting taxes, and reducing spending is easy to say, but it is harder to do, I just hope he is up to the task.

This is where he really started to win me over. He stated, and I want all hard line conservatives to read this quote that, "There is fraud, waste and abuse in every government program, and this includes our military. While it is vital to ensure that we have the defense systems necessary to protect America's vital security interests, we should explore cuts in every part of our budget when warranted. In defense issues, I will rely strongly on the advice of our military leaders to ensure all programs meet vital needs, and are not simply pork projects that do not substantially advance our national defense." You cannot tell me that out-spending the next 25 nations combined on defense (most of them being allies) is running an efficiency defense program. Most of our enemies don't require F-16's to beat, and the cost of the military is a serious burden on our economy, especially with the advancements in techno warfare and drones.

Lastly, I promise is my rebuttal to myself. Cruz is a staunch advocate against same-sex marriage, a policy that will seriously harm this party. It makes us look, uninformed, and backwards socially. Another policy like same-sex marriage, the pro-life/pro-choice debate should be over with by now. 40 years after the ruling, conservative SC's, Presidents, AG's, and it still isn't overturned for a reason. It makes us look lost in nostalgia and doesn't help us win over any moderates. Any way, those are my thoughts on Cruz. He has potential, and could make a few good play's toward the presidency, but the key for him is to not turn into a Sarah Palin, or Herman Cain. He can't attach himself to the TPM and think that is the only place his bread can be buttered. He has a shot at winning over American voters, and not just fringe conservatives, I hope he realizes that.

Sorry this was so long, but I think its important to talk about!

Ill never understand the hate toward my Gov., he is a great governor and a great Republican. He gets things done here, something the rest of the GOP has lost in the popularity contest that politics has turned into.

Stay with me on this one, because Cruz confuses my personal values, a lot.

I like the idea of a Christie/Cruz Ticket, however i would like to know a little more about Ted Cruz aside from the ACA debate. I like his positions on education, allowing for states to determine their educational needs and how he opposed the Dept. of Education. His stance on immigration won't win over too many Hispanic votes though. He once stated that " We have a crisis in illegal immigration, and the federal government must get serious about securing our borders; this latest Obama policy is nothing more than an attempt to enact back-door amnesty, and I categorically oppose amnesty." and not that I don't support that position, when talking about getting Hispanics to vote R, that won't win to many over.

Now, he comes from Texas, and I know how they love their guns there, and I know he is a staunch supporter of the second amendments. Not that I am not, but I would like to know how he feels about things like, background checks, waiting periods, just more strict enforcement on illegal gun sales and transfers. I am personally appalled that I can walk into a gun show and just buy a rifle without any paper work. I don't think that we look at the big picture with guns, because a lot of people look at it like, I am a responsible gun owner and I don't want it to be harder for me to access my hobby, without realizing the ease of access of guns to inner city youths. It is killing them in droves and we need to look at that.

Like Ted Cruz, I support the repeal of Dodd-Frank. I support Right-to-Work states, and I support the cut of the corporate tax rate which forces corporations to move money overseas to maintain profits. If what he is saying is true when he says, "I am perfectly happy to compromise and work with anybody, Republicans, Democrats, libertarians, I'll work with Martians, if -- and the "if" is critical -- they are willing to cut spending and reduce the debt." I am with him, but the crucial "if" here is, is he really willing to work with anyone to get things done. Cutting taxes, and reducing spending is easy to say, but it is harder to do, I just hope he is up to the task.

This is where he really started to win me over. He stated, and I want all hard line conservatives to read this quote that, "There is fraud, waste and abuse in every government program, and this includes our military. While it is vital to ensure that we have the defense systems necessary to protect America's vital security interests, we should explore cuts in every part of our budget when warranted. In defense issues, I will rely strongly on the advice of our military leaders to ensure all programs meet vital needs, and are not simply pork projects that do not substantially advance our national defense." You cannot tell me that out-spending the next 25 nations combined on defense (most of them being allies) is running an efficiency defense program. Most of our enemies don't require F-16's to beat, and the cost of the military is a serious burden on our economy, especially with the advancements in techno warfare and drones.

Lastly, I promise is my rebuttal to myself. Cruz is a staunch advocate against same-sex marriage, a policy that will seriously harm this party. It makes us look, uninformed, and backwards socially. Another policy like same-sex marriage, the pro-life/pro-choice debate should be over with by now. 40 years after the ruling, conservative SC's, Presidents, AG's, and it still isn't overturned for a reason. It makes us look lost in nostalgia and doesn't help us win over any moderates. Any way, those are my thoughts on Cruz. He has potential, and could make a few good play's toward the presidency, but the key for him is to not turn into a Sarah Palin, or Herman Cain. He can't attach himself to the TPM and think that is the only place his bread can be buttered. He has a shot at winning over American voters, and not just fringe conservatives, I hope he realizes that.

Sorry this was so long, but I think its important to talk about!

Too late, it looks like the wedding has already happened and the celebration lasted 16 days! ;)

Republicans will nominate another "moderate" (RINO, aka "lib-lite") and lose to Hillary in '16. Should actuarial tables prove inaccurate, same scenario will repeat in '20.

It's '24 when that some religions call "The Anti-Christ" will be elected by a landslide. Others may simply call that person "Ms. Hitler". Or "Adolph II". Thing is, they'll say those names with pride and adoration. The extremism will honor either appellation. The division is too deep to heal quietly.

Ill never understand the hate toward my Gov., he is a great governor and a great Republican. He gets things done here, something the rest of the GOP has lost in the popularity contest that politics has turned into.

In the last two elections, the Republicans nominated wishy-washy moderates. They got trounced. One definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing expecting different results!

The problem for the Republican Party is that they wanted to ride the horse that was the Tea Party, and instead the horse is riding them.

Right now, the Civil War in the Republican Party, Jim DeMint is leading the charge by the way, will result in a Party that does not tolerate or accept any one person that does not adhere to Party Dogman right down the line.

The Party is facing a diminishing voter base. Instead of reaching to new voters, it is endorsing Voter Suppression. Rich White Old Guys do not live forever.

Young Blood in both Parties, Democrat and Republican is vital to the growth of the Party as a whole.

Instead Republicans are attacking other Republicans for being Conservative enough.

In 2008 and in 2012 the Republican Party did exactly what the Democrats did '84 and '88, running men who the Party believe deserve the Nomination for President simply because they had been around long enough.

Now, the Republicans are looking Ted Cruz, a foreign born National who cannot hold the Office. Before Cruz it was Rubio, then came Immigration Reform and Marco was dropped like a lead balloon. Rand Paul looks iffy and Christy while being a Governor, has publically spoke out againt legislation bannign Sharia Law and openly sought the assistance of President Obama after Hurricane Sandy.

Romney did not stand a Snow Ball's chance in hell of winning. But he sure had nice hair. he also kept changing his position on everything. Romney is the ultimate Pol, willing to sacrafice personal integrity for political gain and got nothing for it.

Just remember, Romney signed the Massachuetts Health Care Law that was the Template for the Affordable Heatlth Care Act. He was just as willing Federal Money for Olympic Games as he was to look down on Food Stamps. Welfare is in the eye of the beholder.

The Republican Failure over the Debt Limit opened warfare with the Party, and those who do not support the Tea Party are not welcome.

I do believe that the GOP will run a very conservative ticket in 2016. And lose by a wide margin. Then that will be the last of the Teabaggers, gone the same way as the Knownothings.

Too bad. They do have two strong people in Christie and Huntsman. I like Huntsman resume and ideas a lot more than Christie's. However, Christie's handling of the disaster of Sandy was very impressive. He worked for the people of his state, ignoring the political firestorm created when he quite properly sought and espressed gratitude for help from the Federal Government. In the end, the handling of unforeseen disasters that affect all the citizens is a very strong plus for any leader. Bush's feckless handling of the Katrina disaster pretty much highlighted his inabilities as a leader.

However, the Teabaggers and their idiots have a few hurrahs left, and are still trying to destroy the economy of this nation in the name of an ideology that they cannot ennuciate. "Well, we have to get something out of this, I just don't know what that is". Pretty well demonstrated the present state of mind of the Teabaggers. So I expect that 2016 will be their last hurrah.

conservatives are gaining momentum. silly moderates are done for. they would have a better chance switching to a D.
They fail to appeal to their base. they only people saying good job are leftists

Forum List

Back