2016: What then?

They are going to isolate the party into oblivion.

I listen to LImbaugh and Levin now and then, and I think the "plan", such as it is, is as follows:

1. Get rid of all RINOs absolutely as soon as possible, no matter how small it makes the party.
2. Then somehow convince those same people plus independents to vote for you by telling them you're not going to budge one goddamn inch on anything.

I'm not kidding.

I listen to LImbaugh and Levin now and then, and I think the "plan", such as it is, is as follows:

1. Get rid of all RINOs absolutely as soon as possible, no matter how small it makes the party.
2. Then somehow convince those same people plus independents to vote for you by telling them you're not going to budge one goddamn inch on anything.

I'm not kidding.

Oh, I know you're not! But that's exactly what they are advocating.

I think they hate you even more than they hate me...

Huntsmann would make a fine President BTW

I love the fact that they hate me. I feed off of it, and just reassures my politics. It's like when you go to Wal-Mart, and see all those people walking around and you all of a sudden feel better about yourself. That is the feeling I get when I show reason to the people on this board.

Huntsman was a fine choice for President. Smart, well spoken, had an in-depth knowledge on China. He was everything we needed in a Republican Candidate. He would have won too. He would have won the moderates, he wouldnt have bended to the base, and they still would have voted for him anyway because they were so afraid of Obama any way. Huntsman was my personal number one.

In the upcoming election, I like Christie. He is tough nosed, hard on the dems that are ruining this country, but willing to compromise with the ones that are doing well (like Booker). They all hate him because he was caught with Obama in a picture during Sandy, but they don't understand what a disaster is, and think that everything is political. My grandmother is from Toms River, its down the shore in NJ, and if my president and Gov. weren't there to help I would be ashamed. It doesnt matter Dem, Rep, Commi, a disaster is a disaster and that should have been that.

as popular as christie is in his state ... he doesn't get that support nation wide among independents and Dems/liberals ... where on the other hand Huntsman would have a better chance in winning his primary ... after saying that if Hillery runs for president, he hasn't a chance in hell... Just telling you the facts

These are safe states for Christie (depending on the other candidates/gaffes/ and x factors)

Delegates
CA 172
NY 95
PA 71
IL 68
OH 65
MI 58
NJ 50
WA 43
MD 37
CT 28
DC 19
RI 19
VT 16
DE 16

He's going to get the majority of the 757 delegates up for grabs...

The next group are states that I think he will have to work hard to get but are gettable:

FL 98
NC 71
AZ 56
MO 52
VA 49
MA 41
WI 41
KS 38
MN 37
CO 35
IA 28
OR 28
NM 22
NH 21
ME 19
HI 19
AMS 9
VI 9
NMI 9
GUAM 9

That is 691 delegates.

It takes 1205 to win it... That is 1,488. I don't think he's going to get 83% of the delegates (I don't think they are all winner take all and he likely wouldn't take them all anyway).

So he has to win some delegates from the 3rd group to win outright.

TX 153
GA 74
IN 57
TN 56
SC 48
AL 48
LA 45
KY 44
OK 41
UT 40
MS 38
AR 38
NE 34
WV 31
ID 30
ND 28
SD 27
WY 27
NV 27
AK 26
MT 26
PR 23

So it's likely not going to be settled in the primaries if Christie is going to be the nominee.

The problem I'm having in handicapping the field in 2013 is this; if not Christie; who?

The Landscape will change by then.............

The second crash is coming. The house of cards is rebuilt. It's only a matter of time the fake recovery tumbles again...........

Thus all bets are off on this issue in my opinion.

I'm not kidding.

The problem with "the plan" coming from the likes of Levin and Limpballs is that they didn't swear an oath to uphold the Constitution and their only concern is the money they make with the more people that listen to them. Hate, anger and rage sells the best.

What do we plan to do in 2016? What happens when Republicans like me want to put up Christie, or Huntsman, and "Repub... I cant even do it, Tea Partiers like some .of you want to put up a Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, or Herman Cain? Being that the primaries are held in states where Republicans that have brains reside, we will probably win. I see it as us- NH,FL, NV, MN, MI, Minn. Wa. Co. /you- IA, Wy, Az. Will it be another Romney where you force him to "excite the base" or will you just break off and make a third party led by a Jim Demint or Ted Cruz, or please, please, an Allen West? What is it going to be, are we going to unite together behind one conservative goal, conceding certain goals to one another, or will it be the same childish, if I can't have what I want no one can.

I am not talking about Democrats or libertarians or anything like that. Just talking to GOPers here. What do we want to do? I think there is still room in this party for all of us and we can unite, but the question is, do you?

I smell young RINO dung.

I like Christie. He is tough nosed, hard on the dems that are ruining this country, but willing to compromise

WoW !! :up: what a stretch.., i wouldn't trust him any farther than i could throw him :up: after that photo of him schmoozing and sucking up with that muslime mulatto S.O.B. just threw what little confidence i had in him in a stinking maggot filled garbage dump. :up:

Ted Cruz is our only hope, we can't win without a chunk of the hispanic vote, he would need to run a lot of ads in Spanish. same with Rubio, make him Speaker of The House, he can also run ads for Ted Cruz. If it comes down to Cruz/Paul or Cruz/Christie, conservatives/liberals and Republicans will be happy.

You're right about Cruz, he's the only hope republicans have, but there's not a snowballs chance in hell there would ever be a Cruz/Christie ticket. Cruz/Paul yes, Cruz/Lee yes, Cruz/Christie, the earth will stop spinning before that.

Last edited:
What do we plan to do in 2016? What happens when Republicans like me want to put up Christie, or Huntsman, and "Repub... I cant even do it, Tea Partiers like some .of you want to put up a Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, or Herman Cain? Being that the primaries are held in states where Republicans that have brains reside, we will probably win. I see it as us- NH,FL, NV, MN, MI, Minn. Wa. Co. /you- IA, Wy, Az. Will it be another Romney where you force him to "excite the base" or will you just break off and make a third party led by a Jim Demint or Ted Cruz, or please, please, an Allen West? What is it going to be, are we going to unite together behind one conservative goal, conceding certain goals to one another, or will it be the same childish, if I can't have what I want no one can.

I am not talking about Democrats or libertarians or anything like that. Just talking to GOPers here. What do we want to do? I think there is still room in this party for all of us and we can unite, but the question is, do you?

I smell young RINO dung.
Absolutely, either that or he's a full blown leftist putting on his best act thinking he's actually fooling someone.

I smell young RINO dung.
Absolutely, either that or he's a full blown leftist putting on his best act thinking he's actually fooling someone.

From what I have read of his posts YR is the genuine article, 007. Furthermore he is not an isolated exception. He is the future of the GOP. So his questions are valid. Can you see a future where both you and he can unite in a single party? What concessions do you expect of him and what concessions are you prepared to make for his support?

I smell young RINO dung.

From what I have read of his posts YR is the genuine article, 007. Furthermore he is not an isolated exception. He is the future of the GOP. So his questions are valid. Can you see a future where both you and he can unite in a single party? What concessions do you expect of him and what concessions are you prepared to make for his support?

They cannot see any future together, and neither can us future Republicans who will hold office. They will die out (literally if I had to guess their ages), and we will take over. America has seen this radical Republican thing with this congress, and it is just about over with. They thought they could last, but that's only because they are so blinded by their dumb ass rhetoric that they are fed daily by Glen Beck.

I love the fact that they hate me. I feed off of it, and just reassures my politics. It's like when you go to Wal-Mart, and see all those people walking around and you all of a sudden feel better about yourself. That is the feeling I get when I show reason to the people on this board.

Huntsman was a fine choice for President. Smart, well spoken, had an in-depth knowledge on China. He was everything we needed in a Republican Candidate. He would have won too. He would have won the moderates, he wouldnt have bended to the base, and they still would have voted for him anyway because they were so afraid of Obama any way. Huntsman was my personal number one.

In the upcoming election, I like Christie. He is tough nosed, hard on the dems that are ruining this country, but willing to compromise with the ones that are doing well (like Booker). They all hate him because he was caught with Obama in a picture during Sandy, but they don't understand what a disaster is, and think that everything is political. My grandmother is from Toms River, its down the shore in NJ, and if my president and Gov. weren't there to help I would be ashamed. It doesnt matter Dem, Rep, Commi, a disaster is a disaster and that should have been that.

Starting early are you?

:lol:

How many cycles have I seen this shit?

I know lets run Bob Dole again. I'm just a young republican and I like this moderation.

Oh freaking bite me. Can someone get this guys number. I've seen him too many times before.

Christie is the best choice for the GOP. They may not take it. All to pity them more.

They cannot see any future together, and neither can us future Republicans who will hold office. They will die out (literally if I had to guess their ages), and we will take over. America has seen this radical Republican thing with this congress, and it is just about over with. They thought they could last, but that's only because they are so blinded by their dumb ass rhetoric that they are fed daily by Glen Beck.

Alienating the next generation is a stupid and completely unnecessary risk to take. But we are talking about the same people who never bothered to think through the risks involved with shutting down the government and destroying the credit rating of the nation. If they lose people like YR they might not get them back. Self inflicted political wounds make no sense.

Christie is the best choice for the GOP. They may not take it. All to pity them more.

From what I gather the Romney campaign rejected Christie because of his weight. They referred to him as "Pufferfish". Looks like the nation dodged a bullet in 2012. Christie will fight for the nomination in 2016. Not sure if he will make it but you are right that he is their best choice.

I have a moral obligation to put child molesters in jail before I kill them.

Along comes people who say, "For the good of the party, we should all get along and we'll just drop the opposition to the whole child molestation thing".

I don't hold values because it agrees with a political party, or an individual who thinks we should win an election at the expense of those values.

I'll go alone rather than give up the values and principles I have. No thank you.

Forum List

Back