2012 vs. 2016 - did you change your vote?

How did your vote in 2016 compare to your vote in 2012

• I voted for Obama in 2012, but in 2016, I voted for a third party candidate to send a message.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay, putting this thing to bed once and for all... I hope.

This poll will give you options comparing your vote in 2016 vs. how you voted in 2012.

Because some people have asserted that Trump picked up a bunch of votes (he didn't, he got the same amount Romney did in terms of percentages), let's see if that is true or not.

If you want to chime in about why you changed your vote, please do.

Really Joey? This is dumb even for you. As if a poll on this forum reflects a cross section of voters. I understand your ass has been on fire since the election, and you haven’t been able to sit, so why don’t you get a hobby? Maybe do a jigsaw puzzle of the electoral map. Since you asked, Big orange dude received about 2 million more than man with many wives.
2016 Vs. 2012: How Trump's Win And Clinton's Votes Stack Up To Romney And Obama
Tired of Tweedledee, Tweedledum choices. Voted for Bush's first term but have been voting Green since then.

Contrary to early reports, Trump ended up receiving two million more votes than Mitt Romney did in 2012. Meanwhile, Clinton fell short of Obama’s 2012 popular vote totals by about 70,000. Third party candidates surged from 2.2 million votes in 2012 to just over 7.8 million in 2016. (Download state-by-state data here.)
Tired of Tweedledee, Tweedledum choices. Voted for Bush's first term but have been voting Green since then.

Ahh, the ole toss the vote in the shit can. I Never have understood casting a vote that won’t matter, I mean why bother?

Hillary Clinton was a historically weak candidate while Obama was much more popular. If Romney had gotten the same votes in 2016 against Clinton he did against Obama, he would have gotten around 261 electoral votes. In a number of states, Romney got more than Trump or Clinton. Romney would have won the popular vote and likely beaten Clinton by 5 million votes as well as winning a majority of electoral votes.

Interesting stuff, but the thing that kinda confounds me is while it matters who is elected for lots of reasons, how is it humans put so much faith in one person? Americans pretend this is the land of the free and yet they whine over government as if it were their savior? Conservative snowflakes love Trump because he is their leader, a man who failed in almost every business he ever started. How many here support America and by that I mean its workers and local businesses that make here? Or buy American? Or support a fair wage? Few, all they do is whine it their fault. Pointing fingers is a national sport.

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo

Thomas Dumm — Grotesque Sovereignty and the Specter of Donald Trump: Thomas Dumm — Grotesque Sovereignty and the Specter of Donald Trump ~ The Contemporary Condition

This is what Dark Money buys you. A Republican contractor’s database of nearly every voter was left exposed on the Internet for 12 days, researcher says

Donnie's adminstration's real accomps. 138 things Trump did this year while you weren't looking

"The Trump administration is remaking the government. It's Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America tells readers exactly how it is making America worse again." It's Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America by David Cay Johnston
Pointing fingers is a national sport.
one that you excel at....

This poll will give you options comparing your vote in 2016 vs. how you voted in 2012.

Because some people have asserted that Trump picked up a bunch of votes (he didn't, he got the same amount Romney did in terms of percentages), let's see if that is true or not.

I voted for my man Gary both elections.
And you trash trump supporters for voting for a retard? :lol:

In fairness it was this guy...

tenor.gif

or this guy...

191c004f-4735-4dcd-b1e1-c13b546eac0f-edited.gif

Man, 2016 was a shit show. :lol:
or this guy....

Voted 3rd party in both 2008 and 2012 in 2016 PROUDLY voted for President Trump and will do so in 2020

Trump makes progressives very angry, it is worth the price of admission

tenor.gif

or this guy...

Yes, because voting for the qualified woman was never an option.

tenor.gif

or this guy...

The qualified woman wasn't so qualified.

Really Joey? This is dumb even for you. As if a poll on this forum reflects a cross section of voters. I understand your ass has been on fire since the election, and you haven’t been able to sit, so why don’t you get a hobby? Maybe do a jigsaw puzzle of the electoral map. Since you asked, Big orange dude received about 2 million more than man with many wives.

Which is still less of a percentage of the electorate, and can be explained by the normal growth of the electorate, year after year.

I was just curious if there really was some person who voted for an articulate black man in 2012 but then said, "Fuck it, I'm voting for the racist TV Rodeo Clown this time, because, fuck it!"

Apparently, only one person here claims that, and that person only joined the forum in the last year, so we can't call bullshit on him. (But reading his other Koolaid-drinking posts, we probably can.)

I didn't vote for either one in 2012 but voted for Trump in 2016.

tenor.gif

or this guy...

Nope, it was not.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

tenor.gif

or this guy...

What qualified woman was running?

tenor.gif

or this guy...

Jill Stein and Hillary Clinton met all the required qualifications .

Now I would have voted for my cat before them, but they were qualified technically

tenor.gif

or this guy...

Jill Stein and Hillary Clinton met all the required qualifications .

Now I would have voted for my cat before them, but they were qualified technically

well yea. Using the constitutional qualifications, everyone running was. Even Trump :lol:
But that wasnt what he was referring to

tenor.gif

or this guy...

Lol....
Ya...... rigggghhhhttttt.

Forum List

Back