No, MAGA Did NOT Lose the 11/2023 Election, Yes Dems Are STILL Doomed in '24

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
First of all, let me clearly preface this by saying resoundingly: I am not claiming MAGA won on Tuesday night.

Nor am I asserting that the GOP does not have lamentable problems from a ground-game/strategic perspective.

We should dispatch Ronna McDaniel and the GOP Establishment post-haste, and install someone like Scott Pressler who has an actual passion to win - and not just enrich himself from the status quo.

That said, the current Dem narrative regarding 11/7 must be subverted, and can easily be for one simple reason: It is entirely false.

I will summon up as much brevity as I can muster, but sometimes a guy just has to get something out of his system. ;)

So away we go:

First off. Context.

Dems: MAGA hasn't won an election since 2016!!!

Really?

2018: Dems win the House, Republicans retain the Senate in the mid-terms. No real debate from anyone halfway credible that this was pretty ho-hum and to be expected, so let's not dwell.

2020: This, of course, is the big one with both sides being tenaciously entrenched in their camps. But let us play make believe for a moment. Let's concede that none of the irregularities occurred, the Media did not lie about the Hunter Biden laptop, and we didn't have the strangest most communist election since any of us were alive due to a virus with a .2% mortality rate.

IE, for the most part, everything was on the up and up. Laughable, I know, but stick with me here.

Two things:

1) Biden still barely won, with eminently superior approval numbers than the abyss he's currently traversing. We're talking just a few thousand votes in a few swing states scattered in just the right delicate amalgamation. It wasn't some fucking epic victory - at all. And, again, that's pretending there was anything even remotely legit about it with no ballot harvesting/printing or media chicanery whatsoever.

2) And this one truly grinds my gears because even Right Wing doomers forget this: Democrats ALSO had a horrible night in 2020. Despite having been projected to widen gains in the House amidst a Biden "victory", they actually lost seats to the point where Pelosi was commanding the smallest majority since World War fucking 2. (The exact majority the Republicans preside over now. Oh the irony.)

And in the Senate the Dems way under performed their numbers, barely taking the chamber only thanks to the tie breaking vote of the cackling menace who is now helping to drag down their 2024 prospects in no small way, along with a demoralized MAGA base that refused to turn out to vote for the stooges running in the Georgia run offs that year.

So even if you buy the narrative on 2020 (and none of us with any self respect or critical thinking abilities do), it is nothing less than simplistic dreck to brazenly declare "MAGA LOST IN 2020!"

3) 2022: Republicans undeniably had a far weaker performance than anticipated. (Red Trickle).

But:

a) Mitch McConnell and the Establishment in the Senate withheld support and funding from MAGA candidates

and

b) The Republicans actually had significant victories in deep blue territory where they were expected to barely even compete. (We're talkin' NY/CA as the most prominent examples.) And here's the kicker: Whyyyyy were they able to do this?

BALLOT HARVESTING.

In NY/CA the state parties wizened up and defeated the Dems at their own crooked game. And we would not enjoy our current House majority had we neglected to do so.

But this is a massive, gaping hole in the Corporate Media's narrative, so of course they make sure to always neglect to mention this to their Legions of unquestioning zombie leftists.

Which brings us to 2023:

In Kentucky a well liked Democrat good ole' boy defeated a Mitch McConnell backed opponent who Trump endorsed only in the closing weeks. He also happened to be a bad candidate who only mentioned his Trump endorsement without telling the people what he would actually do for them. Meanwhile, every other statewide Republican won.

In short, if you think Kentucky is going blue in '24, you're an abject imbecile.

In Virginia, Republicans won every single district that was Biden +8 or less, and retained every single Trump district.
If you didn't already know this, let that one sink in, because it's another cannon blast to the pirate ship of media propaganda about "STUNNING DEFEAT FOR THE GOP" yadda yadda.

The truth is, as many other astute posters on here have previously alluded to, VA is still a blue state. But Dems only picked up the Legislature due to winning districts Biden had won by double digits in 2020.

IE, it was always going to be a monumental task to wrest the state away from the Democrat machine.

Then, of course, the state that completes the Trifecta of 2023 woe is Ohio, where abortion won big.

And now we come to the part where we explode the biggest component of the Dems' talking point arsenal:

ABORTION.

To put it as succinctly as possible, the abortion predicament for the GOP has just about run its course.

To understand this, we have to recognize one of the largest transformations of the electorate and the way it behaves since Good Time Donnie arrived on the scene.

And that is: The GOP becoming a working class/middle class coalition that participates exponentially more so in Presidential years, and the Dems becoming a cloistered rickety partnership between the wealthy and their poor minority beneficiary class.

The precise opposite used to hold true: Dems turned out more in Presidential years, but their voting attendance waned in "off years".

Now, with the virtual transformation of the voters who comprise the two parties, it's vice versa. The most conventional media hack like Larry Sabato or Nate Silver wouldn't dispute this.

And what does that mean? It means, that not only are Republicans now weaker in "off years", because our coalition doesn't turn up - but it also means abortion won't mean jackshit in 2024. It is way down the list of issues voters care about in every poll under the sun, and the voters who do prioritize it will make up nowhere near the sizeable contingency of the electorate that they enjoy in "off years".

Couple that with the fact that Biden is bleeding his coalition of minority and young voters, and it spells intense foreboding for the Party that currently possesses the White House.

To conclude, if you're a Leftist who thinks Tuesday night augurs well for your Party a year from now, you just aren't taking a deep dive into the way the electorate now functions.

And if you're a Right Wing doomer who thinks we're weaker with Trump on the ticket, or "ABORTION" will now defeat MAGA.

You're just paying attention to the wrong people.

The truth is the GOP are royally screwed without Trump. When conservatives complain he's not really a conservative? They're right! At least, in the conventional sense. Much of his vote comes from people who won't vote for the rest of the GOP unless Orange Man is on the ticket.

It may be a cliche' but right now it is as true as ever:

It is always darkest before the dawn.

And there's another little saying that comes to mind.

What was that now?

Oh yeah:

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. ;)

Why are Republicans losing?

First and foremost, Donald J Trump. Nothing gets out Democratic voters like Trump. Now, he faces multiple indictments where his specific actions will be on display.

MAGA: MAGA runs bad candidates who make voters say…WTF?

Driving out traditional conservatives and Republicans. Today, being Republican means you support Trump. Traditional Conservative values have been discarded

Abortion: Republicans ran on repealing Roe v Wade for decades. Now that it is gone…..Republicans are hiding from the issue. When it is on the ballot, they lose Bigly.

General Crazy Train: Embracing wild conspiracy theories, acting like WWE Wrestlers, incivility, alternate reality

Last edited:
People want politicians to leave them alone. Democrats got wiped in 2010 because of the "you can keep your doctor" lie.

Democrats believe because of what happened Tuesday they are good to go with Biden. They aren't.

Democrats and Republicans never win elections. It's just that the other side loses bigger. If either party wants to win and maintain those wins they need to start leaving people alone, not always trying to control everything.

First of all, let me clearly preface this by saying resoundingly: I am not claiming MAGA won on Tuesday night.

Nor am I asserting that the GOP does not have lamentable problems from a ground-game/strategic perspective.

We should dispatch Ronna McDaniel and the GOP Establishment post-haste, and install someone like Scott Pressler who has an actual passion to win - and not just enrich himself from the status quo.

That said, the current Dem narrative regarding 11/7 must be subverted, and can easily be for one simple reason: It is entirely false.

I will summon up as much brevity as I can muster, but sometimes a guy just has to get something out of his system. ;)

So away we go:

First off. Context.

Really?

2018: Dems win the House, Republicans retain the Senate in the mid-terms. No real debate from anyone halfway credible that this was pretty ho-hum and to be expected, so let's not dwell.

2020: This, of course, is the big one with both sides being tenaciously entrenched in their camps. But let us play make believe for a moment. Let's concede that none of the irregularities occurred, the Media did not lie about the Hunter Biden laptop, and we didn't have the strangest most communist election since any of us were alive due to a virus with a .2% mortality rate.

IE, for the most part, everything was on the up and up. Laughable, I know, but stick with me here.

Two things:

1) Biden still barely won, with eminently superior approval numbers than the abyss he's currently traversing. We're talking just a few thousand votes in a few swing states scattered in just the right delicate amalgamation. It wasn't some fucking epic victory - at all. And, again, that's pretending there was anything even remotely legit about it with no ballot harvesting/printing or media chicanery whatsoever.

2) And this one truly grinds my gears because even Right Wing doomers forget this: Democrats ALSO had a horrible night in 2020. Despite having been projected to widen gains in the House amidst a Biden "victory", they actually lost seats to the point where Pelosi was commanding the smallest majority since World War fucking 2. (The exact majority the Republicans preside over now. Oh the irony.)

And in the Senate the Dems way under performed their numbers, barely taking the chamber only thanks to the tie breaking vote of the cackling menace who is now helping to drag down their 2024 prospects in no small way, along with a demoralized MAGA base that refused to turn out to vote for the stooges running in the Georgia run offs that year.

So even if you buy the narrative on 2020 (and none of us with any self respect or critical thinking abilities do), it is nothing less than simplistic dreck to brazenly declare "MAGA LOST IN 2020!"

3) 2022: Republicans undeniably had a far weaker performance than anticipated. (Red Trickle).

But:

a) Mitch McConnell and the Establishment in the Senate withheld support and funding from MAGA candidates

and

b) The Republicans actually had significant victories in deep blue territory where they were expected to barely even compete. (We're talkin' NY/CA as the most prominent examples.) And here's the kicker: Whyyyyy were they able to do this?

BALLOT HARVESTING.

In NY/CA the state parties wizened up and defeated the Dems at their own crooked game. And we would not enjoy our current House majority had we neglected to do so.

But this is a massive, gaping hole in the Corporate Media's narrative, so of course they make sure to always neglect to mention this to their Legions of unquestioning zombie leftists.

Which brings us to 2023:

In Kentucky a well liked Democrat good ole' boy defeated a Mitch McConnell backed opponent who Trump endorsed only in the closing weeks. He also happened to be a bad candidate who only mentioned his Trump endorsement without telling the people what he would actually do for them. Meanwhile, every other statewide Republican won.

In short, if you think Kentucky is going blue in '24, you're an abject imbecile.

In Virginia, Republicans won every single district that was Biden +8 or less, and retained every single Trump district.
If you didn't already know this, let that one sink in, because it's another cannon blast to the pirate ship of media propaganda about "STUNNING DEFEAT FOR THE GOP" yadda yadda.

The truth is, as many other astute posters on here have previously alluded to, VA is still a blue state. But Dems only picked up the Legislature due to winning districts Biden had won by double digits in 2020.

IE, it was always going to be a monumental task to wrest the state away from the Democrat machine.

Then, of course, the state that completes the Trifecta of 2023 woe is Ohio, where abortion won big.

And now we come to the part where we explode the biggest component of the Dems' talking point arsenal:

ABORTION.

To put it as succinctly as possible, the abortion predicament for the GOP has just about run its course.

To understand this, we have to recognize one of the largest transformations of the electorate and the way it behaves since Good Time Donnie arrived on the scene.

And that is: The GOP becoming a working class/middle class coalition that participates exponentially more so in Presidential years, and the Dems becoming a cloistered rickety partnership between the wealthy and their poor minority beneficiary class.

The precise opposite used to hold true: Dems turned out more in Presidential years, but their voting attendance waned in "off years".

Now, with the virtual transformation of the voters who comprise the two parties, it's vice versa. The most conventional media hack like Larry Sabato or Nate Silver wouldn't dispute this.

And what does that mean? It means, that not only are Republicans now weaker in "off years", because our coalition doesn't turn up - but it also means abortion won't mean jackshit in 2024. It is way down the list of issues voters care about in every poll under the sun, and the voters who do prioritize it will make up nowhere near the sizeable contingency of the electorate that they enjoy in "off years".

Couple that with the fact that Biden is bleeding his coalition of minority and young voters, and it spells intense foreboding for the Party that currently possesses the White House.

To conclude, if you're a Leftist who thinks Tuesday night augurs well for your Party a year from now, you just aren't taking a deep dive into the way the electorate now functions.

And if you're a Right Wing doomer who thinks we're weaker with Trump on the ticket, or "ABORTION" will now defeat MAGA.

The truth is the GOP are royally screwed without Trump. When conservatives complain he's not really a conservative? They're right! At least, in the conventional sense. Much of his vote comes from people who won't vote for the rest of the GOP unless Orange Man is on the ticket.

What was that now?

Oh yeah:

Excellent points. My abbreviation would be "a dog that shits fast, don't shit long". A lot can happen in a year. MAGA

So away we go:

First off. Context.

Really?

Two things:

But:

and

BALLOT HARVESTING.

Which brings us to 2023:

ABORTION.

What was that now?

Oh yeah:

/——/ Some more good news. GOP flips New York seat held by Democrats for 20 years: 'Political earthquake'

Democrats and Republicans never win elections. It's just that the other side loses bigger. If either party wants to win and maintain those wins they need to start leaving people alone, not always trying to control everything.
And, bingo.

Most Americans are not blindly committed to one tribe or the other. Neither party has all the fuckin' answers.

So away we go:

First off. Context.

Really?

Two things:

But:

and

BALLOT HARVESTING.

Which brings us to 2023:

ABORTION.

What was that now?

Oh yeah:

I keep waiting for success. people on TV saying this is the time. And it never is. Perhaps we are being led on. The laws and agendas favor the Progs. It is like the Soviet Union in the old days voting. You still got authoritarianism and communism.

The dems will have state constitutional abortion amendments in every state that they can get it on the ballot.

It's a winning issue and gets wild-eyed women to the polls in droves.

I say steal and march on them and and propose/pass them ASAP to take the issue away.....I certainly won't be worried about OH in '24.

Take Virginia, nothing changed after Dobbs but the dems knew they could make hay due to a proposed X number of weeks guardrail.....And it worked out great for them.....The competive districts saw huge gains in the participation rate.

Frankly, women who desire to live consequence-free lives probably shouldn’t be passing-on their DNA or that of the men they are fucking. Let them abort themselves out of the gene pool....No shits given here as it means less future dems and burdens on society.....Some are no more than felon factories.

Wow, talk about delusional.

Except there were no "irregularities", no one gave a shit about the laptop, and we saw a record turnout because things had gotten so serious.

He won by 8 million votes. That's pretty much a blowout. Only because we are still using this bizarre system cribbed from the Holy Roman Empire to pick presidents was there even an issue, and then not much of one.

Except they didn't. they gained the White House and the Senate.

But:

and

Um, mostly because of Gerrymandering and the ineptitude of officials in NY to create a map that maximized their gains. Had Dems gotten the map they wanted in NY, Pelosi would still be speaker.

The rest of 2022 was dismal. You guys were expecting to pick up 40+ House seats, five Senate seats, and four governorships. Instead, you had a net gain of nine house seats, despite all the gerrymandering and redistricting and attempts at voter suppression, you lost one senate seat and three governorships.

The problem was the MAGA candidates were people like Kari Lake, Hershall Walker, and Doctor Oz.

Now wait a minute. Before he got his ass handed to him, Cameron was a shining example of a black conservative who stood up to Black Lives Matter by not prosecuting the cops who shot Breonna Taylor. Now he's a bad candidate because he lost.

Not really. The fact is voting patterns haven't changed since the 1970s. The White Working class has been voting Republican since Tricky Dick and the Southern Strategy. What has changed is that White people are shrinking as a demographic. So these stupid white people watch their middle class shrink every year as Republicans screw the working class to benefit the investor class, and the Republicans point at the minority that is in the same boat as they are.

If your party is screwed without Trump, then you don't have a party. Are you saying your ideas are so awful that you can't sell them to the electorate without a reality TV rodeo clown turning politics into entertainment?

People want politicians to leave them alone. Democrats got wiped in 2010 because of the "you can keep your doctor" lie.

Democrats believe because of what happened Tuesday they are good to go with Biden. They aren't.

Post of the day!

The dems will have state constitutional abortion amendments in every state that they can get it on the ballot.

It's a winning issue and gets wild-eyed women to the polls in droves.

You mean that women don't like the government getting involved in the most sensitive health issue many of them will face in their lifetimes.

I say steal and march on them and and propose/pass them ASAP to take the issue away.....I certainly won't be worried about OH in '24.

Maybe you should be.

Take Virginia, nothing changed after Dobbs but the dems knew they could make hay due to a proposed X number of weeks guardrail.....And it worked out great for them.....The competive districts saw huge gains in the participation rate.

Frankly, women who desire to live consequence-free lives probably shouldn’t be passing-on their DNA or that of the men they are fucking. Let them abort themselves out of the gene pool....No shits given here as it means less future dems and burdens on society.....Some are no more than felon factories.
It is nice to you see you be open with your misogyny. Disturbing, but a bit refreshing.

You mean that women don't like the government getting involved in the most sensitive health issue many of them will face in their lifetimes.

Maybe you should be.

It is nice to you see you be open with your misogyny. Disturbing, but a bit refreshing.
You are just scared the the gop states will see the light and take the issue away.....I doubt that you have anything to worry about.

Hell I bet the dems would block such a move if possible because it's the only issue they got. :laughing0301:

And, bingo.

Most Americans are not blindly committed to one tribe or the other. Neither party has all the fuckin' answers.
A one party system cloaked in the illusion of choice is neither democratic nor a republic.

It is entirely self serving

~S~

You are just scared the the gop states will see the light and take the issue away.....I doubt that you have anything to worry about.

Hell I bet the dems would block such a move if possible because it's the only issue they got. :laughing0301:

Republicans are entwined with abortion. There is no escaping it.
Every chance they get, they try to restrict or ban abortion.
Even in states they don’t control

Hell I bet the dems would block such a move if possible because it's the only issue they got.

Actually, I'm not worried about that at all. If the abortion issue went away, you'd have a lot of Republicans who simply wouldn't bother to vote, because fetal rights are all they care about. It's their only motivating issue.

They might even realize- hey, voting for a party that favors the investor class over the working class isn't in their best interests. That would be scary.

So away we go:

First off. Context.

Really?

Two things:

But:

and

BALLOT HARVESTING.

Which brings us to 2023:

ABORTION.

What was that now?

Oh yeah:

You need to whistle just a bit louder past that graveyard. I don't think anyone's listening to you. :)
It is still a year out from the general election.You may quote all the polls you wish for me. However, they don't mean squat at the moment.
Here is your problem. And it will be your problem next year. It is the reason you lost in the last six election cycles (midterms and off years). It is the reason
you will lost again next year. Can you guess what that reason is? :auiqs.jpg:

Donald John Trump.
HE stacked the court with arch conservatives that overturned Roe v Wade. And boasted that he made it happen. And now, it will be like an anchor around the party's neck.
When people walk into that voting both or get ready to send that ballot back, they will think of the economy and abortion...but then they look at the two names on that ballot and they think authoritarian/dictator (Trump), more of the same (Biden).
The majority will choose Biden. Because they don't want to go back to the shit show that was Trump.

Here's YOUR truth. If you jettison Donald Trump, your chances of winning next year go WAY up.
If you don't, there is no dawn for Republicans and conservatives. Just more losing.

So away we go:

First off. Context.

Really?

Two things:

But:

and

BALLOT HARVESTING.

Which brings us to 2023:

ABORTION.

What was that now?

Oh yeah:

Care to explain how the 2020 election was rigged by the Democrats? You’ve already admitted the Democrats lost ground.

Strange they rigged an election and lost ground, don’t you think? Of course you don’t.

Why are Republicans losing?

First and foremost, Donald J Trump. Nothing gets out Democratic voters like Trump. Now, he faces multiple indictments where his specific actions will be on display.

MAGA: MAGA runs bad candidates who make voters say…WTF?

Driving out traditional conservatives and Republicans. Today, being Republican means you support Trump. Traditional Conservative values have been discarded

Abortion: Republicans ran on repealing Roe v Wade for decades. Now that it is gone…..Republicans are hiding from the issue. When it is on the ballot, they lose Bigly.

General Crazy Train: Embracing wild conspiracy theories, acting like WWE Wrestlers, incivility, alternate reality
My worry is the GOP will lie and say abortion has been settled. States that want it have it and states that don't, don't. But they are lying. If there is a Republican House, Senate, White House and Supreme Court, they'll do it. They'll pass a federal law banning abortion as murder. Just ask Mike Johnson

'I Make No Apologies': New House Speaker Mike Johnson Boldly Says Bible Is His Worldview​

Forum List

Back