2012 NBA Playoffs

It's over-rated. The players love the lime light. Why do you think Carmelo Anthony was so desperate to get there? He wanted his dick sucked by the slobbering media.

Dude should have stayed in Denver, they had a good squad there and no pressure to perform.

He wouldn't have won in Denver either. He went where his ego needed to take him. And the Knicks got what they wanted. They got a huge marketing tool. You have to remember that winning is secondary to the Knicks.

You think Amare will get traded next year? when Amare first got to New York it was his team, its not anymore.

Dude should have stayed in Denver, they had a good squad there and no pressure to perform.

He wouldn't have won in Denver either. He went where his ego needed to take him. And the Knicks got what they wanted. They got a huge marketing tool. You have to remember that winning is secondary to the Knicks.

You think Amare will get traded next year? when Amare first got to New York it was his team, its not anymore.

Who would want him? He doesn't play D and often his teams play better when he's not in the line-up. And he has a history of not showing up at play-off time.

Who would want him? He doesn't play D and often his teams play better when he's not in the line-up. And he has a history of not showing up at play-off time.

I'm pretty sure someone will, a big who can get you 18-20 points a game? he'll get someone to take him, you can't teach height.

I'm pretty sure someone will, a big who can get you 18-20 points a game? he'll get someone to take him, you can't teach height.

There's plenty of tall players and his outside shot is among the best for big men. But smart GMs know to look for bigs that can rebound and play D first and foremost.

There's plenty of tall players and his outside shot is among the best for big men. But smart GMs know to look for bigs that can rebound and play D first and foremost.

Those are hard to come by, the Celtics are STILL suffering from the Perkins trade last year.

Those are hard to come by, the Celtics are STILL suffering from the Perkins trade last year.

The C's suffered from years of passing up on qualified bigs. Even when they drafted Perkins it was really risky b/c he was undersized for a center and coming out of HS. Teams can build with qualified bigs if they're committed and looking. It's a mistake to go for the flavor of the day. Look at Indy; they've quietly went big under the radar with players like Hansborough and Hibbert and signing West and trading for Amundsen. It can be done. Bird knows that. The C's should have made him GM right when he retired. They got the years of losing they deserved after that.

The C's suffered from years of passing up on qualified bigs. Even when they drafted Perkins it was really risky b/c he was undersized for a center and coming out of HS. Teams can build with qualified bigs if they're committed and looking. It's a mistake to go for the flavor of the day. Look at Indy; they've quietly went big under the radar with players like Hansborough and Hibbert and signing West and trading for Amundsen. It can be done. Bird knows that. The C's should have made him GM right when he retired. They got the years of losing they deserved after that.

If the Celtics hired Bird as their GM or Coach he would have gotten eaten alive, people would have expected instant championships.

If the Celtics hired Bird as their GM or Coach he would have gotten eaten alive, people would have expected instant championships.

Bostonians are fair minded people and they wanted him for the job. And he would have done the right job whereas they hired inept people and they failed.

Bostonians are fair minded people and they wanted him for the job. And he would have done the right job whereas they hired inept people and they failed.

I would rather have Bird as GM instead of Danny Ainge at this point, I'm still pissed about the Perkins debacle and how he threw Delonte West, Tony Allen and Nate Robinson off the boat, we could have really used those guys right now.

I would rather have Bird as GM instead of Danny Ainge at this point, I'm still pissed about the Perkins debacle and how he threw Delonte West, Tony Allen and Nate Robinson off the boat, we could have really used those guys right now.

I understand the moves, they were trying to rebuild while still being contenders. I hated seeing Perkins leave at the time. I think it did cost them; but again I think that was more on ownership than Ainge. I'm not too high on Ainge but he is way better than anybody they had in the 15 years before that.

I understand the moves, they were trying to rebuild while still being contenders. I hated seeing Perkins leave at the time. I think it did cost them; but again I think that was more on ownership than Ainge. I'm not too high on Ainge but he is way better than anybody they had in the 15 years before that.

Ainge did bring in Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen so I can't hate on him too much but the moves he has made since than are puzzling, getting rid of Perkins and letting guys like Tony Allen and Delonte West leave are signs of rebuilding yet we kept the core of the big 3 around? why? the only way an aging core like that can make a serious run is with a serious support staff, which we have none. We gave them away.:doubt:

If the Rockets and Jazz are not in it or one is so low seeded the entire team is looking over the curb top by standing on each others shoulders in order to see, I don't really care. But I do think OKC is just fun to watch.

I consider him a Grant Hill, Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter. Good but probably won't ever be a part of a winning team. Tracy and Vince have a chance to prove me wrong this year.

The press is killing him over here...I'm not going to kill him too bad...The guy obviously made a dumb mistake....I'm sure if he could take it back, he would.

$100 million dollar mistake. He should forefit his earnings this year. They didn't pay him all that money for him to take himself out of the playoffs with a temper tantrum. They didn't pay him all that money to play in the regular season. They paid him to win a championship. If he takes himself out in the playoffs, that is sort of a renig. Wouldn't you say? Not that they were going to beat the Heat, but still.

And what a chump. How many times has the away team lost the first two games and then went back home and evened up the series? What, no confidence defending your home court Amare?

The Knicks are in trouble, so many people are saying Carmelo and Amare cannot play together.

And they are probably right. But maybe give it one more try next year with Jeremy Lin. Who's their point guard now? Baron Davis? He used to be a stud but he's too old now.

I consider him a Grant Hill, Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter. Good but probably won't ever be a part of a winning team. Tracy and Vince have a chance to prove me wrong this year.

Amare is a still a big name that can put butts in seats, if New York doesn't want him anymore somebody will.

$100 million dollar mistake. He should forefit his earnings this year. They didn't pay him all that money for him to take himself out of the playoffs with a temper tantrum. They didn't pay him all that money to play in the regular season. They paid him to win a championship. If he takes himself out in the playoffs, that is sort of a renig. Wouldn't you say? Not that they were going to beat the Heat, but still.

And what a chump. How many times has the away team lost the first two games and then went back home and evened up the series? What, no confidence defending your home court Amare?

The Knicks are in trouble, so many people are saying Carmelo and Amare cannot play together.

And they are probably right. But maybe give it one more try next year with Jeremy Lin. Who's their point guard now? Baron Davis? He used to be a stud but he's too old now.

Yeah things would have been better with Lin, imo they should keep this group together and give it another run next year with everyone healthy. The Knicks are relatively young its not the end of the world.

The press is killing him over here...I'm not going to kill him too bad...The guy obviously made a dumb mistake....I'm sure if he could take it back, he would.

his contract would disagree. I don't condone him doing something retarded, but IMO it doesn't warrant the character assaisination we're seeing....that's sports for you though.

What did Miami pay James and Bosh so much money for? A championship. So if on the night of the finals LeBron decides to cut off 6 of his fingers, should the team pay him? Breach of contract. Are these guys maniacs? Ron Artest just elbows some innocent guy and Amare is punching inanimate objects? Does a Saxaphone signer give a girl oral before he goes on stage? Does a pianist hammer nails?

The stars are trying real hard to align themselves toward a Celtics-Heat Eastern Conference Finals....

I know and Boston needs to find a way to win that, somehow. IF we can get past the Hawks, we could face Philly in the first round, someone out there somewhere likes the Celtics. Philly whupped Chicagos ass last night without Rose.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back