2012 NBA Playoffs

The C's played so terrible in the 3rd that I switched to Lamar and Chloe. I didn't know he had a reality show during the season; probably why he never got his head straight. It was actually somewhat entertaining.

I went and buried my head in my pillow after the third quarter, I checked the score on my phone and was surprised to see Boston had won and Pierce pulled a tebow, thank god.

Yeah, a man named Kendrick Perkins.

God I wish, that Perkins trade was a huge disaster, we still have not recovered from it and we have nothing to show for it.:doubt:

It was a bad trade but there will be something to show for it. Jeff Green's coming back next year and the C's have the Clippers first round pick next year. With that they have the 21st and 22nd picks. They'll be able to get 2 solid youngsters or trade up if they see something that is can't miss.

I'll have to wait and see about Green, he is coming back from major heart surgery after all, plus isn't he a free agent this summer?

God I wish, that Perkins trade was a huge disaster, we still have not recovered from it and we have nothing to show for it.:doubt:

It was a bad trade but there will be something to show for it. Jeff Green's coming back next year and the C's have the Clippers first round pick next year. With that they have the 21st and 22nd picks. They'll be able to get 2 solid youngsters or trade up if they see something that is can't miss.

I'll have to wait and see about Green, he is coming back from major heart surgery after all, plus isn't he a free agent this summer?

He's basically a free agent now. Boston voided his conract when they found out about his heart issue.

Yeah, a man named Kendrick Perkins.

I know Perkins is a good, but I don't think they would have won it with him last year. Green could pan out to be a better player, and like you said-they got picks. It's a tough call.

He's basically a free agent now. Boston voided his conract when they found out about his heart issue.

Yeah I don't think hes gonna come back, if you think about it he owes Boston absolutely nothing, he'll probably move on to another team or go back to OKC.

Yeah I don't think hes gonna come back, if you think about it he owes Boston absolutely nothing, he'll probably move on to another team or go back to OKC.

Come to think of it, you're probably right. Do you think he has the right to be mad at the Celtics for voiding his contract?

Come to think of it, you're probably right. Do you think he has the right to be mad at the Celtics for voiding his contract?

Well no, the Celtics had no choice we were short manned as it was. I just don't think he has any real loyalty to the Celtics, he may come back but chances are he'll just leave, he barely played in Boston and has no real loyalty to them.

I know Perkins is a good, but I don't think they would have won it with him last year. Green could pan out to be a better player, and like you said-they got picks. It's a tough call.

Boston would not have won with Perkins last year but I would rather have Perkins and Nate Robinson back on our team, we could use those guys right now.

Well no, the Celtics had no choice we were short manned as it was. I just don't think he has any real loyalty to the Celtics, he may come back but chances are he'll just leave, he barely played in Boston and has no real loyalty to them.

You might be right, but if he was frustraited with team, I wouldn't really be shocked. I mean, putting myself in his shoes- not only do I have to worry about this heart surgery, but I've come to learn I'm fired too. If that guy didn't know the NBA is a business, then he deffinately knows now.

You might be right, but if he was frustraited with team, I wouldn't really be shocked. I mean, putting myself in his shoes- not only do I have to worry about this heart surgery, but I've come to learn I'm fired too. If that guy didn't know the NBA is a business, then he deffinately knows now.

Yeah if I were a betting man I would say Green is pretty much gone, its only fitting that we traded Perkins and have nothing to show for it. Plus even if he does stay the man just had major heart surgery, there is no gaurantee what kind of player he will be.

It turns out it wasn't a voided contract. He signed the one year extension but it was nullified b/c the standard physical showed the heart issue. Had he already been under contract, the money would have been guaranteed.

Reports are that Green did hang out with the C's at times during the season, so I imagine that they have the inside track to resigning him.

It turns out it wasn't a voided contract. He signed the one year extension but it was nullified b/c the standard physical showed the heart issue. Had he already been under contract, the money would have been guaranteed.

Reports are that Green did hang out with the C's at times during the season, so I imagine that they have the inside track to resigning him.

Thats possible, but than again Tony Allen said he wanted to be a Celtic for life and than we lost him to Memphis.

Boston would not have won with Perkins last year but I would rather have Perkins and Nate Robinson back on our team, we could use those guys right now.

Hard to say. They got whooped by the Heat but that's b/c they lost the edge that Perkins gave them. They've been a lot softer on offense and defense since he left. He was a great shot deterrent in the paint and he had a really good high low game with KG. And Ray, Rondo and Pierce all liked to get into the paint and dish it to him for dunks.

Look who basically replaced Perkins last year; J O'Neal. He was way soft compared to Perkins. Shaq was great when he played but he was gone by the playoffs.

And this year what do you have? Brandon Bass. He's not getting offensive boards, dunks and blocked shots.

There's no doubt that getting rid of Perkins was a stupid move. I just think there's a silver lining with the draft pick. A late mid first rounder can pay dividends. You can get a Divac or Ginobili or Parker if you're doing your homework.

Hard to say. They got whooped by the Heat but that's b/c they lost the edge that Perkins gave them. They've been a lot softer on offense and defense since he left. He was a great shot deterrent in the paint and he had a really good high low game with KG. And Ray, Rondo and Pierce all liked to get into the paint and dish it to him for dunks.

Look who basically replaced Perkins last year; J O'Neal. He was way soft compared to Perkins. Shaq was great when he played but he was gone by the playoffs.

And this year what do you have? Brandon Bass. He's not getting offensive boards, dunks and blocked shots.

There's no doubt that getting rid of Perkins was a stupid move. I just think there's a silver lining with the draft pick. A late mid first rounder can pay dividends. You can get a Divac or Ginobili or Parker if you're doing your homework.

I don't think its really Jermaine O'neals fault, he signed on with Boston thinking he was going to be a back up center to Perkins, than out of nowhere we pull the disastrous Perkins trade and JO is thrown into the starting role, thats now what he signed up for. The problem with the Perkins trade is, thats a rebuilding move once you get rid of him, so why are we hanging around with Pierce, Allen and Garnett trying to make one last run with them? if thats what we were going to do, we should have just kept Perkins, Nate Robinson too, we could have really used his offense off the bench.

I don't think its really Jermaine O'neals fault, he signed on with Boston thinking he was going to be a back up center to Perkins, than out of nowhere we pull the disastrous Perkins trade and JO is thrown into the starting role, thats now what he signed up for. The problem with the Perkins trade is, thats a rebuilding move once you get rid of him, so why are we hanging around with Pierce, Allen and Garnett trying to make one last run with them? if thats what we were going to do, we should have just kept Perkins, Nate Robinson too, we could have really used his offense off the bench.

Because it wasn't just a rebuilding move. It was a cap move.

Fuck Boston! I hate Boston! I hate everything there is about Boston. The only thing I have to say to you is...

"Don't be so defiant, we have Kobe Bryant!"

Fuck Boston! I hate Boston! I hate everything there is about Boston. The only thing I have to say to you is...

"Don't be so defiant, we have Kobe Bryant!"

Jesus Fuckin Christ, it figures you are a Lakers fan.:doubt:

Well when Danny moved those pieces, he put the Celtics in rebuilding mode whether he realized it or not.

Well when Danny moved those pieces, he put the Celtics in rebuilding mode whether he realized it or not.

He realized it. The plan was to be competitive and rebuild. I know that Perkins was willing to resign at good rate. But it was still going to put them way over the luxury cap. If you want to blame anyone, you have to blame the C's owner for wanting a bigger profit.

Forum List

Back