2012 NBA Playoffs

I think every team in the NBA would like Howard, but hes not coming to Boston. We couldn't even convince David West or Ronny Turiaf to come to Boston this year, no way Dwight Howard even farts in our direction.

Although Dwight will have some say, it's not exactly his decision either. He signed a one year extension and unless he signs a long term extension with Orlando then he'll be traded before next year's trade deadline.

If he doesn't come to Boston it's b/c they don't have the pieces to trade for him; unless they'd be willing to part with Rondo. And most teams are hesitant to trade for Rondo b/c he has a reputation that precedes him.

Some think the Lakers have the best shot b/c they could trade Bynum and Gasol for him. I think the Magic would insist on both players if they were smart. I wouldn't want Bynum by himself. He's injury prone and he has attitude issues.

The Magic have already asked for both Bynum and Gasol, which is the biggest reason why Howard is not in a Lakers jersey right now. The Lakers do not want to give up both Bynum and Gasol for Howard, if the Lakers come up short in the playoffs this time around that may change next year.

My guess would be that Kobe threw a fit behind the scenes about trading for his star replacement. He'll be another year older next year and have less clout. Also, Jim Buss (the owner's son) has a man crush on Bynum b/c he drafted him. I think that factored in. If the Lakers come to their senses they'll realize that it's a no brainer. If not then good. I f'ing hate the Lakers anyways.

Rondo will pretty much be gone from game 2, he made physical contact with a ref so they have to suspend him. The only people that could get out that are Kobe and Lebron types. The big 3 are pretty much done because very poor work was done in keeping the necessary parts around them, Danny was scared Perkins was going to leave Boston so he paniced and traded him, later we found out Perkins was very emotional and cried about the trade, is that the sign of somebody who wanted to leave? Nate Robinson was perfect to have for offense off the bench as he showed in the 2010 NBA Finals, we basically gave away Perkins and Robinson for free, we don't have anything to show for that trade. Ray Allen needs surgery on his ankles for bone spurs and is not coming back, so him not being there in Atlanta is really no excuse, Ray Allen is pretty much done in Boston, we are just all going through the motions thats all. The biggest thing that pissed me off about last night was how it looked like Boston came out ready to play a pre season exhibition but Atlanta was ready to play a playoff game.

Perkins wasn't going to leave. They just didn't want to pay to extend him.

And although I've already said it was a bad move, it wasn't for free. We got Jeff Green and I think a 1st for them. That's not bad for a salary cap move. Green was a 4th overall pick. He played poor last year, but I think he was going to find his niche this year. We couldn't have known he'd have a heart problem. We could use the younger, athletic Green in a series like this. Too much is being heaped upon the C's old core.

Reliable bigs like Perkins are hard to find though, I really think we could have got more for him than Green, Milwaukee traded the chronically injured Andrew Bogut for All Star Monte Ellis, and Bogut was injured at the time of the trade! Perkins is better than Bogut so I think we could have got more for him. Plus take into account Jeff Green had major heart surgery and we don't know if he will even be the same player next year and if you really think about it, he owes the Celtics absolutely nothing. He could bolt and go back to OKC next year.

Ellis wasn't available at the time. What GS is not publicly admitting is that they had it with Ellis's attitude. He was a fan favorite but they were never going to succeed with him. He did not fit into Mark Jackson's vision and he had to go.

Although Dwight will have some say, it's not exactly his decision either. He signed a one year extension and unless he signs a long term extension with Orlando then he'll be traded before next year's trade deadline.

If he doesn't come to Boston it's b/c they don't have the pieces to trade for him; unless they'd be willing to part with Rondo. And most teams are hesitant to trade for Rondo b/c he has a reputation that precedes him.

Some think the Lakers have the best shot b/c they could trade Bynum and Gasol for him. I think the Magic would insist on both players if they were smart. I wouldn't want Bynum by himself. He's injury prone and he has attitude issues.

The Magic have already asked for both Bynum and Gasol, which is the biggest reason why Howard is not in a Lakers jersey right now. The Lakers do not want to give up both Bynum and Gasol for Howard, if the Lakers come up short in the playoffs this time around that may change next year.

My guess would be that Kobe threw a fit behind the scenes about trading for his star replacement. He'll be another year older next year and have less clout. Also, Jim Buss (the owner's son) has a man crush on Bynum b/c he drafted him. I think that factored in. If the Lakers come to their senses they'll realize that it's a no brainer. If not then good. I f'ing hate the Lakers anyways.

I hate the Lakers too, Kobe doesn't give a fuck about Bynum he asked for him to traded for Jason Kidd back in 2005/2006, he would probably love for Howard to come there so he can ride another big mans coat tails to another championship. I hate to say it but Bynum is playing like a monster, if they somehow win a title this year I am going to shit my pants.

Perkins wasn't going to leave. They just didn't want to pay to extend him.

And although I've already said it was a bad move, it wasn't for free. We got Jeff Green and I think a 1st for them. That's not bad for a salary cap move. Green was a 4th overall pick. He played poor last year, but I think he was going to find his niche this year. We couldn't have known he'd have a heart problem. We could use the younger, athletic Green in a series like this. Too much is being heaped upon the C's old core.

Reliable bigs like Perkins are hard to find though, I really think we could have got more for him than Green, Milwaukee traded the chronically injured Andrew Bogut for All Star Monte Ellis, and Bogut was injured at the time of the trade! Perkins is better than Bogut so I think we could have got more for him. Plus take into account Jeff Green had major heart surgery and we don't know if he will even be the same player next year and if you really think about it, he owes the Celtics absolutely nothing. He could bolt and go back to OKC next year.

Ellis wasn't available at the time. What GS is not publicly admitting is that they had it with Ellis's attitude. He was a fan favorite but they were never going to succeed with him. He did not fit into Mark Jackson's vision and he had to go.

Hmm you think maybe Doc would have worked with him? Roc Rivers worked with sketchy guys like Rasheed Wallace and Stephon Marbury and he has proved he knows how to work with Star filled locker rooms, something tells me Rajon Rondos attitude isn't too much better than Monte's.

I hate the Lakers too, Kobe doesn't give a fuck about Bynum he asked for him to traded for Jason Kidd back in 2005/2006, he would probably love for Howard to come there so he can ride another big mans coat tails to another championship. I hate to say it but Bynum is playing like a monster, if they somehow win a title this year I am going to shit my pants.

Yes, but Kobe does love Gasol and he doesn't particularly like Howard. And although Kobe allows his ego to make it about rings, his ego will also not allow him to be an outright second banana. Howard is younger and still on the up and Kobe is on the down. He realizes it'll be D Howard's team immediately. He doesn't want that.

Yes, but Kobe does love Gasol and he doesn't particularly like Howard. And although Kobe allows his ego to make it about rings, his ego will also not allow him to be an outright second banana. Howard is younger and still on the up and Kobe is on the down. He realizes it'll be D Howard's team immediately. He doesn't want that.

Kobe does like Gasol, the man is an ego maniac and a borderline sociopath though imo, the lecture he gave on why he sat out the last game and how he "let" Kevin Durant win the scoring title made me sick. What you say may be true but something tells me he would be ok with Howard coming there just so he would win another title and have the same number of rings as Michael Jordan, he wants to catch MJ so badly he will do almost anything.

Kobe does like Gasol, the man is an ego maniac and a borderline sociopath though imo, the lecture he gave on why he sat out the last game and how he "let" Kevin Durant win the scoring title made me sick. What you say may be true but something tells me he would be ok with Howard coming there just so he would win another title and have the same number of rings as Michael Jordan, he wants to catch MJ so badly he will do almost anything.

It's a situation in which we're both right frankly. Kobe desperately wants that 6th ring and he could find peace in sharing temporary glory with Howard. However, I think he's convinced himself that he can do it with Gasol and Bynum so he's against it. I don't know why he'd believe that b/c the Mavs clowned that same group; but that's what he believes.

If you have a link on the Kobe/Durant thing then post it. I never read or saw anything on that yet.

It's a situation in which we're both right frankly. Kobe desperately wants that 6th ring and he could find peace in sharing temporary glory with Howard. However, I think he's convinced himself that he can do it with Gasol and Bynum so he's against it. I don't know why he'd believe that b/c the Mavs clowned that same group; but that's what he believes.

If you have a link on the Kobe/Durant thing then post it. I never read or saw anything on that yet.

I read the article on ESPN, let me go see if I can find it.

The Lakers might just win with Kobe, Artest, Gasol & Bynum. If the other roll players rise up to the occasion of course.

Bynum doesn't realize how good he is. He doesn't have the killer mentality so he will never be Shaq or Hakeem or Duncan or Kareem or even as good as Dwight Howard but he could be if he had the eye of the tiger. I don't see it. But I do see he is more confidence since he won a championship. But still seems immature and too reserved. I just don't see the confidence. I'm sure Kobe tells him all the time what a beast he is but does he believe it?

The Lakers might just win with Kobe, Artest, Gasol & Bynum. If the other roll players rise up to the occasion of course.

Bynum doesn't realize how good he is. He doesn't have the killer mentality so he will never be Shaq or Hakeem or Duncan or Kareem or even as good as Dwight Howard but he could be if he had the eye of the tiger. I don't see it. But I do see he is more confidence since he won a championship. But still seems immature and too reserved. I just don't see the confidence. I'm sure Kobe tells him all the time what a beast he is but does he believe it?

It's not Bynum's fault that he was over hyped in an era of terrible centers. I do agree that he's a mental midget though and I'd never count on him for too much. He could be a much more reliable and even dominant player in some ways if he wanted but he won't be. He doesn't have the work ethic. I watched a game late in the year and he was just laboring up and down the court. He was so out of shape. Players like him and Demarcus Cousins I would trade while they have high value.

Agree. They need to control the tempo which is easier to do in the playoffs because of more half court. And the key is for Kobe to keep feeding the bigs so he'll be less inclined to have those 8 for 30 shooting nights. Yep. Bynum is still immature. Saw that coming when he got caught speeding down the 405 with no license plates. But he gets his ear full. Just needs to sink in. Newcomers Ebanks and Hill (forwards) have been stepping up.

It's not Bynum's fault that he was over hyped in an era of terrible centers. I do agree that he's a mental midget though and I'd never count on him for too much. He could be a much more reliable and even dominant player in some ways if he wanted but he won't be. He doesn't have the work ethic. I watched a game late in the year and he was just laboring up and down the court. He was so out of shape. Players like him and Demarcus Cousins I would trade while they have high value.

He's not over hyped. He's underachieving. He should be as good as we think. But you are right, he's lazy. And I hate that. Because even still, he's pretty damn good. I would love to see him have half the heart Kobe has. Someone give him some Redbull or 5 hour energy drink. Laboring up and down the court. That makes me so mad. I have a cousin like that. No matter how you yell or what you say, they are never going to care as much as you need them to care. But there is nothing you can do. That's who they are. No emotion. No passion. And he has a ring when Barkley, Ewing, Malone do not? Those guys deserve a ring before Bynum. There is the perfect example of how having a ring is over hyped. No I don't think Bynum is better than those guys just because he has a ring. He also had Gasol, Kobe, Artest and Lamar Kardashian. :lol:

Agree. They need to control the tempo which is easier to do in the playoffs because of more half court. And the key is for Kobe to keep feeding the bigs so he'll be less inclined to have those 8 for 30 shooting nights. Yep. Bynum is still immature. Saw that coming when he got caught speeding down the 405 with no license plates. But he gets his ear full. Just needs to sink in. Newcomers Ebanks and Hill (forwards) have been stepping up.

So funny Kobe almost won the scoring title this year and people still punk on him. :lol: Poor guy.

I didn't know Derreck Fisher was on Oklahoma? OMG! How come I didn't know that. He just hit a big shot to put OK up 4.

I didn't know Derreck Fisher was on Oklahoma? OMG! How come I didn't know that. He just hit a big shot to put OK up 4.

Yeah, I know It's weird to see him in that uniform. Saw him nail one of those trademark late game three's last week. He was traded to Houston for Jordon Hill then traded to OKC. That caught me by surprise too. Anyway, Go Lakers!

I'm sure its' this:

Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant sits out, allows Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant to win scoring title - ESPN Los Angeles

And Kobe can get 38 on any given night. He also can take 30 to 35 shots to do it. And there's no guarantee his team will win. Honestly, I'm used to his ego-maniacal rants. I pretty much zone him out anyways.

Yeah thats it, he also said winning the scoring title for him is easy and he could have dropped 50 on the Spurs last week cause they played him man on man, Kobe is a raging douche bag, I never heard such ignorance come out of Michael Jordan or Magic Johnsons mouth.

I hate to admit it but you are right the Lakers could win because their front line of Gasol and Bynum is so damn good, their only issue is bench production and that may cause problems for them, they are lucky Ron Artest is only missing from this series because even without him the Lakers should be able to handle the Nuggets.

I am going to have a tough time watching the rest of the playoffs. Rose's torn ACL might not just end his season it might ruin his career. Very depressing. Rose is not one of the players that takes the fans for granted like LBJ. The guy plays hard every game, holds himself out respectfully, is great to the fans and never gets in trouble. It's a sad event for Chicago sports! Rose was on his way to being put up their with the Chicago greats: Payton, MJ, Pippen, Iron Mike, Butkus, Ernie Banks, Fergie, Ryano, Dawson, Urlacher, Micheals etc.
I feel for the guy!

Forum List

Back