2012 NBA Playoffs

That Memphis meltdown was unreal.

I think they'll be ok, Chris Paul literally had to give everything he had to force a Clippers win and Caron Butler broke his hand, no way the Clippers can keep this up for 7 games.

I didn't watch the comeback; but I watched enough to know that the Clippers are pretenders.

Chris Paul is the heart and soul of that team, without him they are a lottery team. I don't think Chris has enough in him to do what he did last night 3 more times.

Atlanta is going to win the series, Boston is totally fucked.

Rondo fucked us.

The C's came out with dead legs. On defense, the rotation was not there and the Hawks were shooting open shots. On offense, nobody was cutting or screening.

I watched the first 5 minutes of the game when the Hawks went up 20-6 and I changed the channel, I knew it was over. The Celtics came out ready to play a pre-season exhibition and the Hawks were ready for a playoff game, the Hawks have been sitting there waiting for us for weeks. The Celtics are my favorite team and this really hurts but this series is over, I actually hope the Hawks do us a favor and slit our throats quickly instead of dragging this out 7 games and giving us hope. :(

Doesn't anyone else care about the NBA? The first round has been interesting so far.

The Mavs vs Thunder matchup is great.

Orlando beat Indiana in game one.

What will happen with Chicago now that Rose is out?

The Lakers, Spurs and Heat series will be sweeps. The rest of the matchups are all interesting. Best start of a playoff I can recall in a long time.

And we haven't even seen the Clippers vs Grizzlies? I can't wait for that next!!!

And now Atlanta is beating up on the Celtics. What up with dat?

Its time to break up that team. Too old. Remember the run Detroit had but eventually had to send Chauncey, Rip and Ben away? The Celtics are in that same position. Its good enough to compete but not win. So Boston in a couple years won't even make the playoffs, just like Detroit. Or they will be like Indiana, making the playoffs in the East but then losing in the first round. And you wouldn't even recognize the team if I showed you the roster. Wouldn't have any of the current Celtics on it. Maybe Rondo, just like Detroit kept Prince. I think Detroit broke up too early. I say leave Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo in tact and try to build around them. But they are probably never gonna win again with those guys. Its the next generations turn. LeBron or Durant's turn.

Or is it going to be Kobe, Duncan, Dirk that wins another ring. I hope not.

This is the best first round I can ever remember. And I had reason to watch for the decade Detroit was competitive. The first round was always blowouts. Very rarely any upsets. But yet here I am interested in every series. Only 3 1 round series seem to be a cake walk. Kobe, Lebron and the Duncan easily make it to the second round.

Doesn't anyone else care about the NBA? The first round has been interesting so far.

The Mavs vs Thunder matchup is great.

Orlando beat Indiana in game one.

What will happen with Chicago now that Rose is out?

The Lakers, Spurs and Heat series will be sweeps. The rest of the matchups are all interesting. Best start of a playoff I can recall in a long time.

And we haven't even seen the Clippers vs Grizzlies? I can't wait for that next!!!

And now Atlanta is beating up on the Celtics. What up with dat?

Its time to break up that team. Too old. Remember the run Detroit had but eventually had to send Chauncey, Rip and Ben away? The Celtics are in that same position. Its good enough to compete but not win. So Boston in a couple years won't even make the playoffs, just like Detroit. Or they will be like Indiana, making the playoffs in the East but then losing in the first round. And you wouldn't even recognize the team if I showed you the roster. Wouldn't have any of the current Celtics on it. Maybe Rondo, just like Detroit kept Prince. I think Detroit broke up too early. I say leave Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo in tact and try to build around them. But they are probably never gonna win again with those guys. Its the next generations turn. LeBron or Durant's turn.

This is the best first round I can ever remember. And I had reason to watch for the decade Detroit was competitive. The first round was always blowouts. Very rarely any upsets. But yet here I am interested in every series. Only 3 1 round series seem to be a cake walk. Kobe, Lebron and the Duncan easily make it to the second round.

I'm pretty much done watching these playoffs, seeing Boston get the taste slapped out of their mouth by Atlanta is depressing enough. The big 3 and Rondo would be good enough for another run if Danny Ainge had kept the right pieces around, first of all Kendrick Perkins should have NEVER been traded, that was just downright retarded to do. Danny should have resigned Tony Allen, and we should have kept Delonte West instead of Keyon Dooling who is straight up terrible, and Nate Robinson should have been kept as well, dude was dropping 20 PPG off the bench for the Warriors, thats some scoring we could have really used last night, but this is all neither here or there. This is fucking depressing.

Rondo fucked us.

The C's came out with dead legs. On defense, the rotation was not there and the Hawks were shooting open shots. On offense, nobody was cutting or screening.

I watched the first 5 minutes of the game when the Hawks went up 20-6 and I changed the channel, I knew it was over. The Celtics came out ready to play a pre-season exhibition and the Hawks were ready for a playoff game, the Hawks have been sitting there waiting for us for weeks. The Celtics are my favorite team and this really hurts but this series is over, I actually hope the Hawks do us a favor and slit our throats quickly instead of dragging this out 7 games and giving us hope. :(

If its close, they may keep the big three together. If its a blowout, that team is going to be dismantled. Then what? How many years until you are contenders again? I wish they didn't decide to break up Rip, Sheed, Ben, Chauncey and Prince when they did. Give it a couple more years. But instead they broke up the team and now we are in rebuild mode. SUCKS. But we win every decade, so it shouldn't be more than 8 years before Detroit wins again.

Yes I said every decade. 1989, then 90, then 2004. So we just need to win one before 2020 and Detroit keeps the streak alive. Boston went from the 80's until the Garnett Championship without winning. How long until you win another one if you break up the team?

Last edited:

I'm pretty much done watching these playoffs, seeing Boston get the taste slapped out of their mouth by Atlanta is depressing enough. The big 3 and Rondo would be good enough for another run if Danny Ainge had kept the right pieces around, first of all Kendrick Perkins should have NEVER been traded, that was just downright retarded to do. Danny should have resigned Tony Allen, and we should have kept Delonte West instead of Keyon Dooling who is straight up terrible, and Nate Robinson should have been kept as well, dude was dropping 20 PPG off the bench for the Warriors, thats some scoring we could have really used last night, but this is all neither here or there. This is fucking depressing.

Not to mention Big Baby. I feel for ya. Its a changing of the guard. Young mans game right now. I hope anyways. Will Kobe, Garnette or Dirk deny the young generation for one more year? I'm going to stay tuned to see.

LA Clippers suck. That Griffin guy is super athletic but he kind of sucks. At least right now he seem really young and inexperienced. I can't believe they came back to win last night. There are only three series that are going to be sweeps maybe. Spurs, Lakers and Heat. All the other games, tune in to see.

You think you're crying? How about Bulls fans? They were favored to win. No one gave Boston a chance in the first place. Its the Bulls fans who can't stand to watch, but they will. And I hope you will too. Don't be a hockey fan. Only watch when your teams in it. :lol:

If its close, they may keep the big three together. If its a blowout, that team is going to be dismantled. Then what? How many years until you are contenders again? I wish they didn't decide to break up Rip, Sheed, Ben, Chauncey and Prince when they did. Give it a couple more years. But instead they broke up the team and now we are in rebuild mode. SUCKS. But we win every decade, so it shouldn't be more than 8 years before Detroit wins again.

Yes I said every decade. 1989, then 90, then 2004. So we just need to win one before 2020 and Detroit keeps the streak alive. Boston went from the 80's until the Garnett Championship without winning. How long until you win another one if you break up the team?

Man I can't call it, obviously this teams days are numbered. Ray Allen needs surgery on his ankle for bone spurs and with the rise of Avery Bradley taking his starting spot, I pretty much think he's gone. Paul Pierce already came out and admitted he is contemplating retirement, especially since it became public that Danny was trying to trade him to New Jersey for Mehmet Okur and some draft picks, this team is finished, I know and I think they do too, no matter what happens when Atlanta wins this team will get blown up, whether its close or if Atlanta totally rapes them without any condoms. Bostons roster next year will be totally unrecognizable and I don't see Doc sticking around too much longer after that.

Not to mention Big Baby. I feel for ya. Its a changing of the guard. Young mans game right now. I hope anyways. Will Kobe, Garnette or Dirk deny the young generation for one more year? I'm going to stay tuned to see.

LA Clippers suck. That Griffin guy is super athletic but he kind of sucks. At least right now he seem really young and inexperienced. I can't believe they came back to win last night. There are only three series that are going to be sweeps maybe. Spurs, Lakers and Heat. All the other games, tune in to see.

You think you're crying? How about Bulls fans? They were favored to win. No one gave Boston a chance in the first place. Its the Bulls fans who can't stand to watch, but they will. And I hope you will too. Don't be a hockey fan. Only watch when your teams in it. :lol:

Well I liked the Baby for Bass trade, we needed a player like Bass with more size especially with our lack of big men. This is Blake Griffins first playoffs so obviously he will need time to adjust, he won't be playing like Karl Malone in his prime right off the bat. The Bulls are still in a better position than us, even without Rose, and to be honest I think they would wax the Celtics ass even without Rose 4 games to 1.

I think Memphis will still win the series.

And I would be a little worried if I were Durant. That was a tough game one at home. Behind almost the entire game.

And will Orlando beat Indiana in a best of 7? I wouldn't bet on it. But Indiana choked big time. Maybe Orlando will make it to round two.

Will the Bulls lose a game even without Rose in this series? That's what I'm waiting to see in that series.

Can NY win one game against LeBron?

Is the Boston Dynasty over?

I think Memphis will still win the series.

And I would be a little worried if I were Durant. That was a tough game one at home. Behind almost the entire game.

And will Orlando beat Indiana in a best of 7? I wouldn't bet on it. But Indiana choked big time. Maybe Orlando will make it to round two.

Will the Bulls lose a game even without Rose in this series? That's what I'm waiting to see in that series.

Can NY win one game against LeBron?

Is the Boston Dynasty over?

Memphis is coming back and Boston is royally fucked.

Man I can't call it, obviously this teams days are numbered. Ray Allen needs surgery on his ankle for bone spurs and with the rise of Avery Bradley taking his starting spot, I pretty much think he's gone. Paul Pierce already came out and admitted he is contemplating retirement, especially since it became public that Danny was trying to trade him to New Jersey for Mehmet Okur and some draft picks, this team is finished, I know and I think they do too, no matter what happens when Atlanta wins this team will get blown up, whether its close or if Atlanta totally rapes them without any condoms. Bostons roster next year will be totally unrecognizable and I don't see Doc sticking around too much longer after that.

Maybe you will get Coach VanGundy from Orlando when they fire him. :eusa_shhh:

Or get Dwight. Would you like to have Dwight Howard next year?

Maybe you will get Coach VanGundy from Orlando when they fire him. :eusa_shhh:

Or get Dwight. Would you like to have Dwight Howard next year?

I think every team in the NBA would like Howard, but hes not coming to Boston. We couldn't even convince David West or Ronny Turiaf to come to Boston this year, no way Dwight Howard even farts in our direction.

Boston had a bad game and without Ray Allen. They played dismal in all three road games against the Hawks in 08 and lights out in all 4 home games and they won the championship.

The C's rested and have good know how. They should be able to win 1 or 2 road games and hold the fort and then move on to a Rose-less Bulls. The picture is still bright for the them. The Hawks ain't that good frankly. There's no need to sound the alarm yet. If Rondo is suspended for Game 2 then they've dug themselves a nice hole though.

As for keeping Perkins, I think it was a salary cap move. And his shoulder issues and knee issue I think put it over the top. I do think they f'd up their chemistry with that move though.

Allen, like Posey was also a salary cap move. I think they should've kept him though. I think if they kept him, they would have had to trade Ray Allen though. I'm guessing the C's owners are cheap and they don't want to pay too much luxury tax.

Ainge is taking the heat publicly, but it's ownership tying his hands.

And Nate Robinson was fun to watch, but he was hardly consistent. He was expendable for sure. They could really use him to fill in for Rondo, if he's gone in Game 2 though.

I think every team in the NBA would like Howard, but hes not coming to Boston. We couldn't even convince David West or Ronny Turiaf to come to Boston this year, no way Dwight Howard even farts in our direction.

Although Dwight will have some say, it's not exactly his decision either. He signed a one year extension and unless he signs a long term extension with Orlando then he'll be traded before next year's trade deadline.

If he doesn't come to Boston it's b/c they don't have the pieces to trade for him; unless they'd be willing to part with Rondo. And most teams are hesitant to trade for Rondo b/c he has a reputation that precedes him.

Some think the Lakers have the best shot b/c they could trade Bynum and Gasol for him. I think the Magic would insist on both players if they were smart. I wouldn't want Bynum by himself. He's injury prone and he has attitude issues.

Boston had a bad game and without Ray Allen. They played dismal in all three road games against the Hawks in 08 and lights out in all 4 home games and they won the championship.

The C's rested and have good know how. They should be able to win 1 or 2 road games and hold the fort and then move on to a Rose-less Bulls. The picture is still bright for the them. The Hawks ain't that good frankly. There's no need to sound the alarm yet. If Rondo is suspended for Game 2 then they've dug themselves a nice hole though.

As for keeping Perkins, I think it was a salary cap move. And his shoulder issues and knee issue I think put it over the top. I do think they f'd up their chemistry with that move though.

Allen, like Posey was also a salary cap move. I think they should've kept him though. I think if they kept him, they would have had to trade Ray Allen though. I'm guessing the C's owners are cheap and they don't want to pay too much luxury tax.

And Nate Robinson was fun to watch, but he was hardly consistent. He was expendable for sure. They could really use him to fill in for Rondo, if he's gone in Game 2 though.

Rondo will pretty much be gone from game 2, he made physical contact with a ref so they have to suspend him. The only people that could get out that are Kobe and Lebron types. The big 3 are pretty much done because very poor work was done in keeping the necessary parts around them, Danny was scared Perkins was going to leave Boston so he paniced and traded him, later we found out Perkins was very emotional and cried about the trade, is that the sign of somebody who wanted to leave? Nate Robinson was perfect to have for offense off the bench as he showed in the 2010 NBA Finals, we basically gave away Perkins and Robinson for free, we don't have anything to show for that trade. Ray Allen needs surgery on his ankles for bone spurs and is not coming back, so him not being there in Atlanta is really no excuse, Ray Allen is pretty much done in Boston, we are just all going through the motions thats all. The biggest thing that pissed me off about last night was how it looked like Boston came out ready to play a pre season exhibition but Atlanta was ready to play a playoff game.

Although Dwight will have some say, it's not exactly his decision either. He signed a one year extension and unless he signs a long term extension with Orlando then he'll be traded before next year's trade deadline.

If he doesn't come to Boston it's b/c they don't have the pieces to trade for him; unless they'd be willing to part with Rondo. And most teams are hesitant to trade for Rondo b/c he has a reputation that precedes him.

Some think the Lakers have the best shot b/c they could trade Bynum and Gasol for him. I think the Magic would insist on both players if they were smart. I wouldn't want Bynum by himself. He's injury prone and he has attitude issues.

The Magic have already asked for both Bynum and Gasol, which is the biggest reason why Howard is not in a Lakers jersey right now. The Lakers do not want to give up both Bynum and Gasol for Howard, if the Lakers come up short in the playoffs this time around that may change next year.

Rondo will pretty much be gone from game 2, he made physical contact with a ref so they have to suspend him. The only people that could get out that are Kobe and Lebron types. The big 3 are pretty much done because very poor work was done in keeping the necessary parts around them, Danny was scared Perkins was going to leave Boston so he paniced and traded him, later we found out Perkins was very emotional and cried about the trade, is that the sign of somebody who wanted to leave? Nate Robinson was perfect to have for offense off the bench as he showed in the 2010 NBA Finals, we basically gave away Perkins and Robinson for free, we don't have anything to show for that trade. Ray Allen needs surgery on his ankles for bone spurs and is not coming back, so him not being there in Atlanta is really no excuse, Ray Allen is pretty much done in Boston, we are just all going through the motions thats all. The biggest thing that pissed me off about last night was how it looked like Boston came out ready to play a pre season exhibition but Atlanta was ready to play a playoff game.

Perkins wasn't going to leave. They just didn't want to pay to extend him.

And although I've already said it was a bad move, it wasn't for free. We got Jeff Green and I think a 1st for them. That's not bad for a salary cap move. Green was a 4th overall pick. He played poor last year, but I think he was going to find his niche this year. We couldn't have known he'd have a heart problem. We could use the younger, athletic Green in a series like this. Too much is being heaped upon the C's old core.

Perkins wasn't going to leave. They just didn't want to pay to extend him.

And although I've already said it was a bad move, it wasn't for free. We got Jeff Green and I think a 1st for them. That's not bad for a salary cap move. Green was a 4th overall pick. He played poor last year, but I think he was going to find his niche this year. We couldn't have known he'd have a heart problem. We could use the younger, athletic Green in a series like this. Too much is being heaped upon the C's old core.

Reliable bigs like Perkins are hard to find though, I really think we could have got more for him than Green, Milwaukee traded the chronically injured Andrew Bogut for All Star Monte Ellis, and Bogut was injured at the time of the trade! Perkins is better than Bogut so I think we could have got more for him. Plus take into account Jeff Green had major heart surgery and we don't know if he will even be the same player next year and if you really think about it, he owes the Celtics absolutely nothing. He could bolt and go back to OKC next year.

Forum List

Back