2012 NBA Playoffs

I think you over value Randolph. Until last year, like Boozer, people questioned if he even made his team better. Often power forwards with attitude problems that shoot a lot of twenty footers can have that effect on their teams.

Randolph absolutely destroyed Tim Duncan and the Spurs other big men, they wouldn't have been able to upset San Antonio without him. The truth of the matter is reliable big men are in short supply in the NBA and Memphis has 2 of them, Randolph and Marc Gasol, I am a Celtics fan and I would die to have Marc Gasol.

He had a good series. But even him outplaying Duncan was not why they lost. The Spurs aren't depending on him to be the man any more. Ginobili was not fully recovered from his injury yet.

And back in the day, it was all about the big men. But Stern decided that he would call anything and everything a foul and it became more about wings and guards than it naturally should be. Watch the 1981 ECF Game 7 (before Stern) and you'll see the best most grueling game ever. It was on yt. It got pulled. It'll be back on eventually.

Tim Duncan helped David Robinson win a championship before he retired. I believe the Spurs are trying to give Tim one more before he goes.

I would have bet my left nut that Tim Duncan would not have won 4 championships in his career, and here he is going for 5? :eek:

Makes me so mad. Especially the 4th one they won in 2004 against Detroit. That would have given Detroit Back to Back Championships. That would have made them a Dynasty. Instead the Spurs are a Dynasty. The Tim Duncan era. He's boring but great. Gotta give him props. 4 rings? :clap2:

Randolph absolutely destroyed Tim Duncan and the Spurs other big men, they wouldn't have been able to upset San Antonio without him. The truth of the matter is reliable big men are in short supply in the NBA and Memphis has 2 of them, Randolph and Marc Gasol, I am a Celtics fan and I would die to have Marc Gasol.

He had a good series. But even him outplaying Duncan was not why they lost. The Spurs aren't depending on him to be the man any more. Ginobili was not fully recovered from his injury yet.

And back in the day, it was all about the big men. But Stern decided that he would call anything and everything a foul and it became more about wings and guards than it naturally should be. Watch the 1981 ECF Game 7 (before Stern) and you'll see the best most grueling game ever. It was on yt. It got pulled. It'll be back on eventually.

Tim Duncan helped David Robinson win a championship before he retired. I believe the Spurs are trying to give Tim one more before he goes.

I would have bet my left nut that Tim Duncan would not have won 4 championships in his career, and here he is going for 5? :eek:

Makes me so mad. Especially the 4th one they won in 2004 against Detroit. That would have given Detroit Back to Back Championships. That would have made them a Dynasty. Instead the Spurs are a Dynasty. The Tim Duncan era. He's boring but great. Gotta give him props. 4 rings? :clap2:

Actually that was 2005 against Detroit.

West:
Spurs are going to be the surprise upset and lose in the second round. I think OK will come out of the West.

1st:
SA over UT
OK over Dallas
LAL over Denver
LAC over Mempise

2nd
LAC over SA
OK over LAL

WCF:
OK over LAC

East:
Bulls are getting no respect, but they have the best record without their best player for much of the season not to mention Deng and Hamilton were out for stretches also. But I would be dishonest to say they are going to beat Miami.

1st:
Chicago over Phil
Miami over NY
Indiana over Orl
Boston over Atl

2nd
Chicago over Bos
Miami over IN

ECF:
Miami over Chicago

NBA Champs:
OK over Miami!

Hope you are right about OK winning it all.

Hope you are wrong about the Bulls beating the Heat.

Can't believe you have the Clippers doing so well. I don't think they are ready yet. And then don't they usually break up at that point because the owner is too cheap to resign the stars?

West:
Spurs are going to be the surprise upset and lose in the second round. I think OK will come out of the West.

1st:
SA over UT
OK over Dallas
LAL over Denver
LAC over Mempise

2nd
LAC over SA
OK over LAL

WCF:
OK over LAC

East:
Bulls are getting no respect, but they have the best record without their best player for much of the season not to mention Deng and Hamilton were out for stretches also. But I would be dishonest to say they are going to beat Miami.

1st:
Chicago over Phil
Miami over NY
Indiana over Orl
Boston over Atl

2nd
Chicago over Bos
Miami over IN

ECF:
Miami over Chicago

NBA Champs:
OK over Miami!

Can't believe you have the Clippers doing so well. I don't think they are ready yet. And then don't they usually break up at that point because the owner is too cheap to resign the stars?

The Clippers are losing to Memphis in the first round.

Actually that was 2005 against Detroit.

That's what I meant. We would have won too if Larry Brown didn't decide to announce before the playoffs that he was going to be retiring. Fucking traitor. Plus the championship went to Rasheed Wallace's head. One reason it is very hard to win back to back. You lose the eye of the tiger.

Oh, and watch the games again in 2005 and you will see Chauncey no doubt threw games. You think that referee they caught was the only one cheating? Not even close. Chauncey Billups threw the championship in 2005. He lost the ball when no one even touched him. He travelled for no reason. He turned the ball over for no reason. He threw up airballs. He fouled foolishly. He charged and it was sooo obvious, if you were looking for it. Mr. Big shot all of the sudden became a clumbsy clown.

West:

1st:
SA over UT
OK over Dallas
LAL over Denver
LAC over Mempise

2nd
LAC over SA
OK over LAL

WCF:
OK over LAC

East:

1st:
Chicago over Phil
Miami over NY
Indiana over Orl
Boston over Atl

2nd
Chicago over Bos
Miami over IN

ECF:
Miami over Chicago

NBA Champs:
OK over Miami!

The Clippers are losing to Memphis in the first round.

I agree.

The top seeds will be:

Philadelphia Black Mafia
Weather Underground
8 Trey Crips
The Council
Mickey Cobras
Sex Money Murda
Four corner Hustlers
Black Disciples

8 Trey Crips vs. Sex Money Murda in the finals.

The top seeds will be:

Philadelphia Black Mafia
Weather Underground
8 Trey Crips
The Council
Mickey Cobras
Sex Money Murda
Four corner Hustlers
Black Disciples

What sport do these teams play?:doubt:

The NBA is basketball, right? I don't watch it but I'm sure I heard that.
Maybe when I used to listen to Imus.
Something about thugs in shorts.

The top seeds will be:

Philadelphia Black Mafia
Weather Underground
8 Trey Crips
The Council
Mickey Cobras
Sex Money Murda
Four corner Hustlers
Black Disciples

What sport do these teams play?:doubt:

The NBA is basketball, right? I don't watch it but I'm sure I heard that.
Maybe when I used to listen to Imus.
Something about thugs in shorts.

Whatever you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and your post reeks of ignorant racist fucktardery.

West:

1st:
SA over UT
OK over Dallas
LAL over Denver
LAC over Mempise

2nd
LAC over SA
OK over LAL

WCF:
OK over LAC

East:

1st:
Chicago over Phil
Miami over NY
Indiana over Orl
Boston over Atl

2nd
Chicago over Bos
Miami over IN

ECF:
Miami over Chicago

NBA Champs:
OK over Miami!

1st

SA beats UT -- Possibly a sweep
OK beats Dallas -- Fun rematch, but a Dal/LAL 1st round rematch would have been more fun
Denver beats LAL -- I could be wrong; but I just don't think the Lakers are that good. Perhaps Denver's inexperience and lack of a go to player down the stretch will hurt them. But their depth and cohesion is a big plus.
Memphis beats Clippers - Chris Paul could dominate at PG and put the Clips over the edge. But the Griz have about every other advantage. I would have love to have seen a LAL/LAC four vs five match-up but oh well.

2nd

SA beats Memphis -- SA beats Memphis in 5. The Spurs are deeper and healthier and don't expect a rematch to resemble last year.
OKC beats Denver - Their chances will be even better if they play the Lakers.

WCF

SA beats OKC -- Defense, interior game and depth beats outside shooting. And the Spurs have young players who can minimize OKC's athleticism and speed.

1st

Chicago beats Philadelphia - Easy pick
Miami beats NY - I'll be rooting for the upset though. That'd be classic.
Indiana beats Orlando - Easiest pick of all. I expect to see a sweep.
Boston beats Atlanta - I heard Horford is out. That's too much of a blow. The Hawks just don't have reliable players to win a series like this.

2nd

Boston beats Chicago - Don't buy the Rose hype. These same Celts beat his Bulls a couple years ago. The Bulls are better though. Either team could win in a 6 or 7 game series.
Miami beats Indiana - Despite the talk; Indiana is the NBA's best kept secret; not Memphis. I just doubt they have the juice to finish off Miami. Don't be surprised to see this series get to Game 5 tied 2-2 though.

ECF

Boston beats Miami - They want a piece of Miami. They haven't forgotten Wade body slamming Rondo and f'ing up his elbow.

Finals

San Antonio beats Boston - The Spurs will be rested and the C's will be spent by this point. But they might be able to dig down and make the series interesting.

Last edited:
D-Rose torn ACL..Sucks for the Bulls...have to feel for the guy.

West:

1st:
SA over UT
OK over Dallas
LAL over Denver
LAC over Mempise

2nd
LAC over SA
OK over LAL

WCF:
OK over LAC

East:

1st:
Chicago over Phil
Miami over NY
Indiana over Orl
Boston over Atl

2nd
Chicago over Bos
Miami over IN

ECF:
Miami over Chicago

NBA Champs:
OK over Miami!

1st

SA beats UT -- Possibly a sweep
OK beats Dallas -- Fun rematch, but a Dal/LAL 1st round rematch would have been more fun
Denver beats LAL -- I could be wrong; but I just don't think the Lakers are that good. Perhaps Denver's inexperience and lack of a go to player down the stretch will hurt them. But their depth and cohesion is a big plus.
LAC
Memphis beats Clippers - Chris Paul could dominate at PG and put the Clips over the edge. But the Griz have about every other advantage. I would have love to have seen a LAL/LAC four vs five match-up but oh well.

2nd

SA beats Memphis -- SA beats Memphis in 5. The Spurs are deeper and healthier and don't expect a rematch to resemble last year.
OKC beats Denver - Their chances will be even better if they play the Lakers.

WCF

SA beats OKC -- Defense, interior game and depth beats outside shooting. And the Spurs have young players who can minimize OKC's athleticism and speed.

1st

Chicago beats Philadelphia - Easy pick
Miami beats NY - I'll be rooting for the upset though. That'd be classic.
Indiana beats Orlando - Easiest pick of all. I expect to see a sweep.
Boston beats Atlanta - I heard Horford is out. That's too much of a blow. The Hawks just don't have reliable players to win a series like this.

2nd

Boston beats Chicago - Don't buy the Rose hype. These same Celts beat his Bulls a couple years ago. The Bulls are better though. Either team could win in a 6 or 7 game series.
Miami beats Indiana - Despite the talk; Indiana is the NBA's best kept secret; not Memphis. I just doubt they have the juice to finish off Miami. Don't be surprised to see this series get to Game 5 tied 2-2 though.

ECF

Boston beats Miami - They want a piece of Miami. They haven't forgotten Wade body slamming Rondo and f'ing up his elbow.

Finals

San Antonio beats Boston - The Spurs will be rested and the C's will be spent by this point. But they might be able to dig down and make the series interesting.

ECF

Miami over Chicago

NBA Champs:
OK over Miami![

Well you already have a loss in your brackets. You said: Indiana beats Orlando - Easiest pick of all. I expect to see a sweep.

I picked Indiana too. :eusa_shhh: Now can we all admit we have no fucking clue who's gonna beat who? Would you bet your life savings on any of these series? I wouldn't. Even right now Dallas seems to be handling OK so far in Oklahoma. They have been leadiing the entire game so far. Who knows what's going to happen. That's why its exciting to watch.

Maybe now that Rose is out I will watch to see if Philly can beat the Bulls, but I very much doubt that even without Rose. Hamilton will fill that void now that he is back.

We all hoped NY was going to upset Miami, but no way. And that Shumpert tore his ACL too? They are done. But even here I would not bet my life savings. You never know.

I'm optimistically pessimestic that the Bulls can still beat the Heat. And if not, maybe the Celtics can. Or Spurs or Mavs. Or Oklahoma, or even LA. I'd rather Kobe win again than see LeBron win. But right now I wouldn't even bet $100 that any one of these teams is going to win it all. I can only tell you what I hope/guess will happen.

The top seeds will be:

Philadelphia Black Mafia
Weather Underground
8 Trey Crips
The Council
Mickey Cobras
Sex Money Murda
Four corner Hustlers
Black Disciples

At least we aren't like those faggoty hockey fans. I live in Michigan, and people in Michigan think they are hockey fans. They even call this hockey town. What a joke. Ask any of them who's still in the playoffs now that the Wings are out and they can't tell you. Ask them to name anyone on any other team and they don't know any of them except Cindy Crosbey. But ask anyone who Kobe or LeBron are and even a little girl could tell you. So this thug sport is way mo better than your gay hockey sport.

Or are you a football fan because white guys are usually quarterbacks? Well RG3 baby!

And baseball is all hispanic. You whites don't lead in any sports except this gay sport of hockey. You even suck at Soccer. Maybe blacks should take that sport over so we can rule the rest of the world.

Think about America's greatness in the Olympics over the years. If it weren't for blacks, where would we be? Certainly not #1. Good thing we imported them from Africa hundreds of years ago, huh?

It's not going to be the Oklahoma City Thunder.

They proved that blowinga lead against theLakers.

A soft immature team that wilts in the stretch.

Seattle Sonics crybabies are calling them "the favorites to win the NBA title in 2012."

You may be right. They are losing to the Mavs with minutes left. This is round one!

Kevin Durant. What a stud. The Thunder are going to have a very difficult road to the finals. To have to play the defending champs in the first round. Not easy.

Well you already have a loss in your brackets. You said: Indiana beats Orlando - Easiest pick of all. I expect to see a sweep.

I picked Indiana too. :eusa_shhh: Now can we all admit we have no fucking clue who's gonna beat who? Would you bet your life savings on any of these series? I wouldn't. Even right now Dallas seems to be handling OK so far in Oklahoma. They have been leadiing the entire game so far. Who knows what's going to happen. That's why its exciting to watch.

Maybe now that Rose is out I will watch to see if Philly can beat the Bulls, but I very much doubt that even without Rose. Hamilton will fill that void now that he is back.

We all hoped NY was going to upset Miami, but no way. And that Shumpert tore his ACL too? They are done. But even here I would not bet my life savings. You never know.

I'm optimistically pessimestic that the Bulls can still beat the Heat. And if not, maybe the Celtics can. Or Spurs or Mavs. Or Oklahoma, or even LA. I'd rather Kobe win again than see LeBron win. But right now I wouldn't even bet $100 that any one of these teams is going to win it all. I can only tell you what I hope/guess will happen.

Well, the side analysis not being spot as if I'm some sort of fortune teller, doesn't give me a loss in my bracket. A team actually losing a series busts my bracket.

But I think an Indy win is likely even still. But they cost themselves Game 1 by missing something like the last 9 shots and traveling when the game was on the line.

Hamilton sucks. I doubt he even cracks the rotation with Rose out. Philly has been awful; so who knows if they'll step up or not. But the Bulls losing Rose hurts. But not as much as you might think. The Bulls have played well w/o him. One reason would be that he is a sub par defender.

I think the Mavs exposed the Lakers last year when they swept them. I don't see them winning it all. But they already lucked out by drawing Denver and not LAC or Memphis or even Dallas in the first round.

Well, the side analysis not being spot as if I'm some sort of fortune teller, doesn't give me a loss in my bracket. A team actually losing a series busts my bracket.

But I think an Indy win is likely even still. But they cost themselves Game 1 by missing something like the last 9 shots and traveling when the game was on the line.

Hamilton sucks. I doubt he even cracks the rotation with Rose out. Philly has been awful; so who knows if they'll step up or not. But the Bulls losing Rose hurts. But not as much as you might think. The Bulls have played well w/o him. One reason would be that he is a sub par defender.

I think the Mavs exposed the Lakers last year when they swept them. I don't see them winning it all. But they already lucked out by drawing Denver and not LAC or Memphis or even Dallas in the first round.

The Bulls disagree with you. They know they can't beat Boston without Rose and if they do get lucky and get by them, no way they can beat Miami. Sure they were a good team without Rose, but not Championship good.

Hamilton sucks? He has a championship. Rip rules. You gonna forget the 6 year run he and the Pistons had without one superstar? Six straight Eastern Conference Finals appearances. That's a team. Rip, Chauncey, Sheed, Big Ben and Prince. And a good bench. But Rip was the leading scorer on that 2004 team. What the fuck are you talking about? He may be the Bulls saving grace. This is Rips time to cement his place in history. He already did in 2004, but to do it again would put him in the Hall of Fame for sure. I think he's already in, but that's debatable for sure. I'll give you that. But only that.

He was named the 1999 NCAA Tournament's Most Outstanding Player after UConn's run to that year's national title.

And I can't seem to verify this, but I heard him and Ray Allen are among a very elite few who have won a championship on all three levels. Highschool state championship, NCAA and then NBA. Is this true?

^^^

Yes, but now Rip is old and he sucks and he has been irrelevant for at least two years. He's not going to all of the sudden be the Bulls knight in shining armor.

Other players like Ray Allen (who you mention) have stayed relevant for longer b/c of better diet, exercise and genetics. But it's good for him, that his minutes are being more measured now. Avery Bradley's emergence is a big boost to him and the C's even though his stats will go down some b/c of it.

Your post makes me wonder, who is the real MVP in the NBA. Its not Rose. Bulls almost as good without him. Duncan? How would the Spurs do without him? Kobe? Certainly not Dwight Howard because Orlando won without him. But that was only one game and it was only Indiana. BFD. But who's the Payton Manning of the NBA. The one guy the team can't do without. I say Kevin Durant. I think he's going to go down as one of the all time greats. He's amazing. Not built like LeBron but just as talented, in his own way. More Larry Brown when LeBron is more Magic.

Is it some guy on Utah or how about the Clippers? How would that team do without Griffin in the lineup? I don't know enough about the Grizzlies but I'm sure Gasol is a key player on that team.

Each team is one ankle roll away from losing a championship.

And think about how tightly taped up Rose was and he still blew out his knee. It wasn't like he went out with loose laces and no wraps. He has those braces on and everything. And yet he still blew out his knee? I hope for his sake and the Bulls he comes back next year. That is a waste of talent if he comes up a lame horse. Poor guy. But I can only feel so sorry for him because he has multi millions of dollars. I'm sure he'll find a way to get over it. He should have enough money for the rest of his life. And if not, like Tyson he will help stimulate the economy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back