2 guys, 2bats, one woman with a gun...guess who won?

Don't forget that the "bobbies" have been lying about crimes as well to get their stats down...

Every police department in the world lies about their statistics, but seeing as how you've neglected to back your claim up, I'm just going to assume that you pulled it straight out of your ass.
The FBI crime stats are lies? Why would a police dept lie by saying crime is WORSE than it actually is?
Have you been taking your Lithium pills?

I think you should go back and take a look at the context of the post you're quoting, because this post makes no sense.

The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns.

So if that many crimes are being "stopped" by guns, the true violent crime rate here must be staggeringly astronomical compare to all those countries where guns are banned.
actually they don't. but what the USA does have along with a growing number of guns is a decreasing rate of homicides by gun. more guns is consistently equaling less deaths. and this patter has been occurring year after year. in fact with out gun bans the rates are dropping faster in the USA than in countries with gun bans.

The percentage of Americans who have guns in their houses has been steadily dropping for the last 40 years.

The "growing number of guns" is due to a smaller number of people owning many guns, not more gun owners.

I have over 500 , NONE of them have ever committed a crime.

Only one of them has actually ever shot a person.

Good for you.

Do your 500 guns make you feel manly and strong?

The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns.

So if that many crimes are being "stopped" by guns, the true violent crime rate here must be staggeringly astronomical compare to all those countries where guns are banned.
actually they don't. but what the USA does have along with a growing number of guns is a decreasing rate of homicides by gun. more guns is consistently equaling less deaths. and this patter has been occurring year after year. in fact with out gun bans the rates are dropping faster in the USA than in countries with gun bans.

The percentage of Americans who have guns in their houses has been steadily dropping for the last 40 years.

The "growing number of guns" is due to a smaller number of people owning many guns, not more gun owners.

Good for you.

Not even a little. They are simply what I enjoy collecting. Don't even shoot them much any more.

Good for you.

Why would you think a gun would make someone feel manly and strong? Most gun owners don't ever want to have fire a gun in self defense, but most are also prepared to if they need to.

My father owns around 40 guns, and uses everyone of them, in differing ways. I know we use his .22 to kill hogs with in the fall, one shot, between the eyes and the hog drops, he hunts with most of them. Unlike me, he is a real hunter, I go occasionally, he goes almost everyday during the season, and makes the best deer jerky known to man.

And after some thought, I did realize that I have had to use a gun in defense of a family member. I had to put down a couple of coyotes, before they tore my dog up, my shotgun make quick work of them. Only things I can remember killing with a gun, that we didn't eat.

Good for you.

Why would you think a gun would make someone feel manly and strong?

I just get that impression sometimes when I see someone bragging about how many guns they own, it just seems like overcompensating for something.

Most gun owners don't ever want to have fire a gun in self defense, but most are also prepared to if they need to.

That may be true, but there are certainly a lot of people who seem to long for the day that they'll get to kill someone.

My father owns around 40 guns, and uses everyone of them, in differing ways. I know we use his .22 to kill hogs with in the fall, one shot, between the eyes and the hog drops, he hunts with most of them. Unlike me, he is a real hunter, I go occasionally, he goes almost everyday during the season, and makes the best deer jerky known to man.

Good for him, and I don't mean that in an asshole way. I love venison jerky. I'm a big fan of eating game.

And after some thought, I did realize that I have had to use a gun in defense of a family member. I had to put down a couple of coyotes, before they tore my dog up, my shotgun make quick work of them. Only things I can remember killing with a gun, that we didn't eat.

Good for you, again not in an asshole way. I support protecting dogs wholeheartedly.

Good for you.

Not even a little. They are simply what I enjoy collecting. Don't even shoot them much any more.

Fair enough.

Good for you.

Fair enough.

So why should my right be impacted in anyway by what others do with their guns? I'm a responsible gun owner , my guns are locked up , and I have every single one of them photographed and the serial number written down in case there is ever a question about any of them.

That's like taking away my car cuz others' speed. Its illogical.

Good for you.

Fair enough.

So why should my right be impacted in anyway by what others do with their guns? I'm a responsible gun owner , my guns are locked up , and I have every single one of them photographed and the serial number written down in case there is ever a question about any of them.

That's like taking away my car cuz others' speed. Its illogical.

I don't believe that I have suggested that your "right" be "impacted" in any way.

Funny how you didn't answer his questions.

That is not true. England has a higher violent rate as does Canada France and Germany.

Actually per capita the US is out matched by a lot of Countries. Here is a link

Countries Compared by Crime Total crimes per 1000. International Statistics at NationMaster.com Check the per capita rates.

No, that's just a right wing internet meme, not actual truth.

It's impossible to compare, since Britain and the US use entirely different definitions of "violent crime".
If it's impossible to compare, how then can you say that The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns?
Hmmm?

and yet...regular people with those guns stop those crimes...but in Britain,,Australia...those victims are just that...victims...and they suffer for it...

But we don't have mass shootings. So you won't see any innocent five year olds being shot to death by some crazed loon with an AK-47.
Oh look -- another anti-gun loon suffering from an irrational fear of guns.

Good for you.

Why would you think a gun would make someone feel manly and strong?

I just get that impression sometimes when I see someone bragging about how many guns they own, it just seems like overcompensating for something.

Most gun owners don't ever want to have fire a gun in self defense, but most are also prepared to if they need to.

That may be true, but there are certainly a lot of people who seem to long for the day that they'll get to kill someone.

Projecting your own inadequacies and insecurity onto others by creating imaginary strawmen.... obviously.

Not about guns...about our ability to protect ourselves,and our families from violent criminals and bad government...from people who are given armed body guards with tax money they get from us...that is what makes us passionate ...because we know history and the reality of violent crime...
No, it's about guns, and how they make you feel powerful and manly and strong.
Hmm. An Ad hom.
Run out of argument, did you?

2 guys, 2bats, one woman with a gun...guess who won?
Guess whose thread fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.
Isolated, anecdotal incidents such as this are not representative of the whole, and possess no value whatsoever as 'evidence' in support of an 'argument.'
Be sure to point his out the next time the anti-gun loons start screaming for more gun control after a school shooting.

not true at all. in fact there is not one legitimate study that indicates the number of households that own guns is declining, other than liberal spin articles. gun owners happen to be the fastest growing demographic in the nation. 20,000,000 new requests for gun permits in 2013. not current gun owners buying another gun. new gun owners. and of this expanding group, the majority are women and newly legal young adults.

Not about guns...about our ability to protect ourselves,and our families from violent criminals and bad government...from people who are given armed body guards with tax money they get from us...that is what makes us passionate ...because we know history and the reality of violent crime...

You can pretend whatever you wish.

Have any of you ever actually used a gun in self-defense?
yea and they make our dicks 5" longer. seriously, is that the only argument you gun grabbing fools have? certainly you have no legitimate facts.

and yet...regular people with those guns stop those crimes...but in Britain,,Australia...those victims are just that...victims...and they suffer for it...

It angers me when someone suggests that I shouldn't have the right to defend MYSELF against an intruder or someone who may do me harm. Usually in such situations, the police don't arrive until AFTER you have been raped, murdered or otherwise violated.

You can pretend whatever you wish.

Have any of you ever actually used a gun in self-defense?

I've never used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire...but I have 2 at home.
So what's your point again?

Forum List

Back