2 guys, 2bats, one woman with a gun...guess who won?

The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns.

So if that many crimes are being "stopped" by guns, the true violent crime rate here must be staggeringly astronomical compare to all those countries where guns are banned.
That is not true. England has a higher violent rate as does Canada France and Germany.

Actually per capita the US is out matched by a lot of Countries. Here is a link

Countries Compared by Crime Total crimes per 1000. International Statistics at NationMaster.com Check the per capita rates.

No, that's just a right wing internet meme, not actual truth.

It's impossible to compare, since Britain and the US use entirely different definitions of "violent crime".
==============================

i would like to see you prove it !

:up:

The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns.

So if that many crimes are being "stopped" by guns, the true violent crime rate here must be staggeringly astronomical compare to all those countries where guns are banned.
That is not true. England has a higher violent rate as does Canada France and Germany.

Actually per capita the US is out matched by a lot of Countries. Here is a link

Countries Compared by Crime Total crimes per 1000. International Statistics at NationMaster.com Check the per capita rates.

It's impossible to compare, since Britain and the US use entirely different definitions of "violent crime".
==============================

i would like to see you prove it !

:up:
Never happen..He drops in..makes a comment that he apparently believes is "pithy" and dashes off to agitate elsewhere. No substance..He's about as "deep" as a birdbath.

They are legitimate questions for anyone who has taken a position where, if they had their way, this woman would not have had her gun and then been kidnapped/assaulted/raped/killed by the perps in question.
If you have not taken this position, then the question does not apply to you.

They are idiotic questions, as no one is advocating this woman – or anyone, for that matter – have his firearm 'taken away,' or that anyone be 'prohibited' from possessing a firearm.

You're delusional, you've created a mythical 'gun-grabbing' monster that doesn't exist, which is why the premise of your thread fails as a fallacy.

so it is your position that there are no politicians in America who desire gun bans?

are you fucking kidding?

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find any major politician in this country who supports any sort of comprehensive "gun ban" - but that's entirely beside the point anyway, since politicians, as a rule, don't post on this message board.

That's only because people make it CLEAR to them that it will not be tolerated. The government is not to infringe upon any of our rights. ALL of them are important and should be precious to all Americans.

I haven't broken any laws, and I certainly don't plan on going out shooting anyone, so why should I have to my right to own a gun without restriction? So, some lunatic who slipped through the cracks decides he's going to commit mass murder (keeping in mind that mass murders make up less than 1% of all deaths, so are relatively rare). While it's terrible and nobody is happy that some crazy people will do crazy things, it's not a good enough reason to restrict or take away one of our rights, IMO. AND it is already illegal to commit murder with any weapons. People who do these things do not respect laws, period.

Funny how you didn't answer his questions.
The "questions" in the OP are what you'd call false dichotomy fallacies.
Interesting.
This means you think he only offers two possible responses to his questions, and you believe there are valid aswers to the question other than the two he allows for.
So... show this false dichotomy -- what answers do you have that he does not allow for?

"False dichotomy" probably isn't really the right term, but it does apply somewhat here.

so...for you anti gunners out there...you would prefer that she had gone with those guys right? it only made the situation worse that she had that gun...right?

so...and I never get a response to this...if you could go back in time to the scene of a rape, murder, brutal beating or robbery...and provide the victim with a gun to stop the crime...you wouldn't...right? You would let the crime happen, and the victim suffer the attack...right?
Are you really claiming those "questions" are legitimate questions that I should answer, and not ridiculously leading and rhetorical?
Depends -- have you taken a position where, if you had your way, this woman woudl have not had her gun and then been kidnapped/assaulted/raped/killed by the perps in question?
If so, then the questions are legitimate.
I don't believe I have taken any position like that, and no one else in this thread has either.
So you agree that the questions in the OP are illegitimate.
They are legitimate questions for anyone who has taken a position where, if they had their way, this woman would not have had her gun and then been kidnapped/assaulted/raped/killed by the perps in question.
If you have not taken this position, then the question does not apply to you.

If the question doesn't apply to me, why did you repeatedly point out that I hadn't answered it?
How could I know if it applied to you or not?

I don't see anyone who has taken that position...
There are innumerable people here that would not allow concealed. carry.

They are idiotic questions, as no one is advocating this woman – or anyone, for that matter – have his firearm 'taken away,' or that anyone be 'prohibited' from possessing a firearm.
There are a great number of people here that would not allow concealed carry.
To argue otherwise is delusional.
And so, the questions are legitimate.

There are a great number of people here that would not allow concealed carry.
To argue otherwise is delusional.
And so, the questions are legitimate.

It's funny how the gun control advocates ALWAYS deny, deny, deny. They are SO dishonest.

Forum List

Back