An alternate view of Aunt Jemima

Hattie McDaniel is a good example
I have seen interviews with her when she won her Academy Award. She was soft spoken, gracious and eloquent.
But the only roles she was offered were Mammy type roles.
She was capable of much more

All white audiences wanted to see was Mammy

Right? agreed. By todays standards thats ludicris. Its like not allowing Bruce Lee to star in Kung FU series.
But thats history. How is erasing the films that she played in reversing history? making anything better in the past? its better just to show everything and then be educated by it.

When were you brought here against your will, moron? :rolleyes-41:
Right, you don’t get to say something happened to “you” because it happened to your ancestors 150 years ago.

I don’t get to say the UK starved me in a potato famine just because I’m Irish-American

Right, you don’t get to say something happened to “you” because it happened to your ancestors 150 years ago.

I don’t get to say the UK starved me in a potato famine just because I’m Irish-American

We get to say it and we will. The Irish came here, became white and owned slaves. So spare us. You guys don't get to tell us how we talk about our history.

You are you

You’re not the living avatar of all black people who ever lived
Say that about blacks the whites here show on videos committing crimes. Funny how a black person who speaks truth you guys don't want to hear are one black person but those guys represent black culture in its entireity.

The Gullah Wars: How Blacks freed themselves

"The Gullah Wars were the longest and most-costly war fought in terms of the loss of military personnel and the money spent than any war the United States engaged in until the Vietnam War.

The Black Seminoles were a small offshoot of the Gullah who escaped from the rice plantations in South Carolina and Georgia. They built settlements in the Florida, fought a series of wars to preserve their freedom, and were scattered across North America. Blacks fought the US Army for over 100 years. THIS is what ended slavery. White history books call this the Seminole Wars.

Last edited:
You're going to fix it by voting for an old, rich, white guy who said he doesn't want his kids in the same room as you, right?

LOL!
So, the alternative is to vote for an old, rich, racist, white guy who said he doesn't want black folks counting his money, called black players mothers bitches, called black countries shitholes, called for the death of 5 innocent, young black teenagers, that guy? Black folks are supposed to vote for that guy. I don't think so.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
So, the alternative is to vote for an old, rich, racist, white guy who said he doesn't want black folks counting his money, called black players mothers bitches, called black countries shitholes, called for the death of 5 innocent, young black teenagers, that guy? Black folks are supposed to vote for that guy. I don't think so.
Marvin is an imbecile.

Forum List

Back