2 guys, 2bats, one woman with a gun...guess who won?

Not about guns...about our ability to protect ourselves,and our families from violent criminals and bad government...from people who are given armed body guards with tax money they get from us...that is what makes us passionate ...because we know history and the reality of violent crime...

No, it's about guns, and how they make you feel powerful and manly and strong.

You can pretend whatever you wish.

Have any of you ever actually used a gun in self-defense?
Are you kidding? There are a few combat veterans on here. And they don't make us feel powerful, manly and strong. That's for Marines..

10354228_918954791465420_2166217017826090063_n.jpg

and yet...regular people with those guns stop those crimes...but in Britain,,Australia...those victims are just that...victims...and they suffer for it...

Those countries have much lower crime rates and the death rate from homicide, suicide, and accidental death by firearm is 1/40 of the US. That is the problem with the argument and what you guys always fail to tell everyone. Sure, you can and will find stories where someone stopped a really bad person from harming them, but statistically, we pay a very high price for that, much higher than most other countries.

As for this particular story, I would be very cautious if I were that woman. She may have scared her stalkers away, but that does not mean they won't be back and better prepared next time. I've always believed that if you must draw a gun for your own protection that you should use it and finalize the deal right then and there. Giving someone who threatens you a second chance is not wise in my book.

Those countries have much lower crime rates and the death rate from homicide, suicide, and accidental death by firearm is 1/40 of the US. That is the problem with the argument and what you guys always fail to tell everyone. Sure, you can and will find stories where someone stopped a really bad person from harming them, but statistically, we pay a very high price for that, much higher than most other countries.

the crime rate in Japn for example is low more due to the powers of police and prosecutors than the absence of guns...also...they have almost absolute gun control and yet their suicide rate is far greater than ours..

Russia has almost absolute gun control and private citizens do not own guns...yet their murder rate is far higher than ours...

And the cost benefit analysis of gun mureder a to lives saved and crimes stopped...

11-12,000 gun murders a year vs. 250-370,000 crimes stopped and lives saved per year...so the cost analyisis favors guns in the hands of regular, law abiding people...

Keep in mind as well, that the gun crime is usually contained to large, democrat run cities...where the actual gun violence is located in a tiny portion of that city...usually a multi block area...which skews the violence stats for the whole country...

Other posters have pointed out that if you remove these gang paradises, the crime rate falls in line with other developed countries...

As for this particular story, I would be very cautious if I were that woman. She may have scared her stalkers away, but that does not mean they won't be back and better prepared next time. I've always believed that if you must draw a gun for your own protection that you should use it and finalize the deal right then and there. Giving someone who threatens you a second chance is not wise in my book.

So, you are saying she should make sure to keep her gun handy...

The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns.

So if that many crimes are being "stopped" by guns, the true violent crime rate here must be staggeringly astronomical compare to all those countries where guns are banned.
actually they don't. but what the USA does have along with a growing number of guns is a decreasing rate of homicides by gun. more guns is consistently equaling less deaths. and this patter has been occurring year after year. in fact with out gun bans the rates are dropping faster in the USA than in countries with gun bans.

and yet...regular people with those guns stop those crimes...but in Britain,,Australia...those victims are just that...victims...and they suffer for it...

But we don't have mass shootings. So you won't see any innocent five year olds being shot to death by some crazed loon with an AK-47.
you also didn't have mass shootings before your gun bans.

2 guys, 2bats, one woman with a gun...guess who won?

Guess whose thread fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Isolated, anecdotal incidents such as this are not representative of the whole, and possess no value whatsoever as 'evidence' in support of an 'argument.'

Moreover, citizens are not required to 'justify' the exercising of a Constitutional right to indeed do so, where failed, ignorant efforts such as this thread do more to undermine the Second Amendment right than protect it.

The US has a higher violent crime rate than nearly any other first world nation, including all those countries that "ban" guns.

So if that many crimes are being "stopped" by guns, the true violent crime rate here must be staggeringly astronomical compare to all those countries where guns are banned.
actually they don't. but what the USA does have along with a growing number of guns is a decreasing rate of homicides by gun. more guns is consistently equaling less deaths. and this patter has been occurring year after year. in fact with out gun bans the rates are dropping faster in the USA than in countries with gun bans.

The percentage of Americans who have guns in their houses has been steadily dropping for the last 40 years.

The "growing number of guns" is due to a smaller number of people owning many guns, not more gun owners.

The percentage of Americans who have guns in their houses has been steadily dropping for the last 40 years.

The "growing number of guns" is due to a smaller number of people owning many guns, not more gun owners.

Not about guns...about our ability to protect ourselves,and our families from violent criminals and bad government...from people who are given armed body guards with tax money they get from us...that is what makes us passionate ...because we know history and the reality of violent crime...

No, it's about guns, and how they make you feel powerful and manly and strong.

You can pretend whatever you wish.

Have any of you ever actually used a gun in self-defense?

Yes. I have, my uncle has. Unarmed, he'd probably be dead and I certainly would be.

And of course, you'd feel much safer if this woman DID NOT have a weapon and the criminals had their way.
This allows you to read the headline "woman found dead". Your get to say "oh wow, it's a crazy world out there"....And go about your business never once considering that the WRONG was committed by the criminal.
Had she shot these two pricks, your sympathy would have been with the criminals. You say " I wonder what society did these guys wrong to make them attack that woman. And who is SHE to use a gun to defend herself.
That's just not fair"..
You libs are as predictable as sunrise.
Oh, where I come from, you break into my house or otherwise try to harm me or my family, you get a tunnel blown through your head. And the best part within 50 miles of here you would not be able to find 12 people to sit a jury that would convict me. That's because they all realize that it could be them one day.
Save from giving you libs a mind altering sense of euphoria, taking guns away from law abiding citizens does one thing. It allows criminals to be confident knowing that their intended victim has no line of defense.
BTW, do some research. Those so called anti gun societies you worship, have rising crime rates involving the use of ILLEGAL firearms.

That is not true. England has a higher violent rate as does Canada France and Germany.

Actually per capita the US is out matched by a lot of Countries. Here is a link

Countries Compared by Crime Total crimes per 1000. International Statistics at NationMaster.com Check the per capita rates.

No, that's just a right wing internet meme, not actual truth.

It's impossible to compare, since Britain and the US use entirely different definitions of "violent crime".
Yes..When presented with facts, the libs dismiss them and continue their narrative.
Look pal, the Second Amendment is NOT going away.

Are that much of a government teat sucker that you would even hope for this?
Where is your spine?

Don't forget that the "bobbies" have been lying about crimes as well to get their stats down...

Every police department in the world lies about their statistics, but seeing as how you've neglected to back your claim up, I'm just going to assume that you pulled it straight out of your ass.
The FBI crime stats are lies? Why would a police dept lie by saying crime is WORSE than it actually is?
Have you been taking your Lithium pills?

That is not true. England has a higher violent rate as does Canada France and Germany.

Countries Compared by Crime Total crimes per 1000. International Statistics at NationMaster.com Check the per capita rates.

It's impossible to compare, since Britain and the US use entirely different definitions of "violent crime".
You lose and you know it. You can make any claim you want I have facts and figures to back up my claim. As for different definitions Britain does not even count a murder as murder until someone is CONVICTED of doing it.

Let's see those "facts and figures" then.
I gave you the link already

"Total Crime" is not the same thing as "Violent Crime".
You lose. Shut up. Yer done here Pal. Shut 'er down.

I have over 500 , NONE of them have ever committed a crime.

Only one of them has actually ever shot a person.

Yes..When presented with facts, the libs dismiss them and continue their narrative.
Look pal, the Second Amendment is NOT going away.

Are that much of a government teat sucker that you would even hope for this?
Where is your spine?

What is it that you think I "hope" for, exactly?

You lose and you know it. You can make any claim you want I have facts and figures to back up my claim. As for different definitions Britain does not even count a murder as murder until someone is CONVICTED of doing it.

Let's see those "facts and figures" then.
I gave you the link already

"Total Crime" is not the same thing as "Violent Crime".
You lose. Shut up. Yer done here Pal. Shut 'er down.

:lol:

So is fraud a "violent crime" now?

Forum List

Back