10 New Oil Pipelines and you're still screwed ..

sure, you can build 10 pipelines and OPEC still controls the price of oil.

OPEC does not control the price of oil. They are important and influence it but they certainly don't control it. If they controlled it, they would peg the price of oil that maximized their income and it wouldn't fluctuate much.

Why don't they control it? Because almost all the OPEC nations produce above their quota, at least those who can produce above their quota. OPEC produces 35%-40% of oil production. The only country that really has any influence over oil is Saudi Arabia, which produces about 15% of global production, and their influence is waning.

The price of oil isn't falling because of OPEC. The price of oil is falling because their is a lot of supply in the world. The collapse in oil over the past few days has been psychological. The mentioned OPEC - read Saudi - cuts were 300,000 to 500,000 barrels of oil a day, which wouldn't have made much of a dent in supply.

Still screwed when OPEC decides to control the price of global oil ... it's a fact of life... just keep telling yourself Keystone will have an effect on the global market..

Oil prices plummet as OPEC decides against output cut

Have a good T-day .
I really don't care if Keystone has or has not an effect on gas prices.
I DO care though 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the worst piece of stormy ocean in a tanker when in one mile less then 700 barrels travels
through a pipeline ON DRY LAND!
The absolute idiocy of anti-Keystone people is they oppose because of the "environment"?
What is their problem in comprehending the simple fact that 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the ocean has
1) not only a GREATER risk of an accident
2) but when the accident occurs a GREATER area of being DAMAGED
3) by a GREATER amount of oil
then 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land in a pipeline that joins already 185,000 miles of oil pipelines traversing the USA?
Are you anti-Keystone environmentalists that totally ignorant of real numbers..i.e. 1 million is a BIGGER number then 700 !
I think environmentalist's major concern is not actually the pipeline but the method of oil production.

Still screwed when OPEC decides to control the price of global oil ... it's a fact of life... just keep telling yourself Keystone will have an effect on the global market..

Have a good T-day .
I DO care though 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the worst piece of stormy ocean in a tanker when in one mile less then 700 barrels travels
The absolute idiocy of anti-Keystone people is they oppose because of the "environment"?
What is their problem in comprehending the simple fact that 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the ocean has
then 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land in a pipeline that joins already 185,000 miles of oil pipelines traversing the USA?
Are you anti-Keystone environmentalists that totally ignorant of real numbers..i.e. 1 million is a BIGGER number then 700 !
I think environmentalist's major concern is not actually the pipeline but the method of oil production.

This movement is bullshit. I'm having a nice weekend or I could take the time to lay it all out there.

Key goal which is insane from the get go is to shut down oil production in Alberta.

Now this is funded by Steyer, Tides, Rockefellers and more. I just want to have a nice weekend but I have true data on all.

Now Steyer has a foot in with Kinder Morgan who run Trans Mountain who stand to gain quizzillions if keystone is passed on.

Ir's really so horridly woven. I'll lay it out next week. I can back up everything I've got.

I'm pursuing our Canadian Revenue Service to go after your Tides backed by Soros. Its a real deal

Have a good T-day .

It's the method of oil. They don't want the oil sands developed, full stop. And they are trying to use Keystone as a way of stopping it.

Of course, they won't. It is by far and away Canada's largest natural resource. It will be developed.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. So they'll continue lowering prices to make American production unprofitable. That strategy has worked well in the past. But it won't work this time. So Americans should just sit back and enjoy the lower gas prices. And we are moving towards energy independence. It's a Win-Win for Americans at this point. It's actually a time of optimism.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. So they'll continue lowering prices to make American production unprofitable. That strategy has worked well in the past. But it won't work this time. So Americans should just sit back and enjoy the lower gas prices. And we are moving towards energy independence. It's a Win-Win for Americans at this point. It's actually a time of optimism.

You're basically correct.

What is going to happen is that because much of the production in the shales is financed by debt, and many of these producers need ~$80+ oil to remain as going-concerns, many of these marginal producers will get wiped out. This will delay but not stop production. The assets of the coming bankrupt companies will be purchased out of bankruptcy, and will be recapitalized at lower prices. Marginal fields will not restart for a few years but will eventually come back online as excess supply is depleted.

You're basically correct.

What is going to happen is that because much of the production in the shales is financed by debt, and many of these producers need ~$80+ oil to remain as going-concerns, many of these marginal producers will get wiped out. This will delay but not stop production. The assets of the coming bankrupt companies will be purchased out of bankruptcy, and will be recapitalized at lower prices. Marginal fields will not restart for a few years but will eventually come back online as excess supply is depleted.

Yeah, the Saudis are just employing old tactics that worked well for them in the past. But times have changed. American producers fully understood what they were getting into. They knew the Saudis and OPEC would eventually respond this way.

So it's actually a good time to fill up. Prices will continue to drop. And we are moving in the right direction in regards to energy independence. So it's not a time of Gloom & Doom. It's a time of optimism.

A small reprieve from the demands of the oil barons and you jump right onto their bandwagon ...again.
Seems some people take a long time to learn a lesson.

Still more evidence that the USA and the world needs to rid itself of being dependent on OIL.

Have a good T-day .

Yes, we must stop using this cheap, reliable source of energy.

HoHo and Paula ... twin dopes.. Saudi doesn't control the price of oil ... panic, Saudi continued lowering prices, well, you're right .. bla bla bla slobber drool slobber.

read the OP link and try to fathom the content .. Saudl turns on the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes down.. Saudi turns off the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes up ... are you morons honestly too stupid to understand that ?

Keystone is a pimple on Saudi's butt compared to each other in the WORLD MARKET.

Have a good T-day .

stormy ocean ... you keep saying that.

How can a tanker make it around the Cape of Africa or South America and not encounter stormy weather?

Like Iv'e told you, get a globe and study, you're an idiot.
I don't CARE!
You idiots against the Keystone don't seem to care either that more damage can be done in Pacific NW!
Pacific Northwest ports are being increasingly used to ship oil and coal to Asia.
Unfortunately,Northwest inland and coastal waters are some of the most dangerous in the world,
with strong winds, powerful currents, rocky shores and river bars.
The Pacific coastal water from south of the Columbia River outfall to the tip of Vancouver Island to the north (see map below), is commonly known as the Graveyard of the Pacific, and for good reason. You start with abruptly rising rocky coasts, add strong winds, and mix in low visibility from incessant fog and rain.

View attachment 34429
The blue region on the map is known as the Graveyard of the Pacific

Strong winds, sometimes reaching hurricane strength, batter the Washington and Oregon coasts in winter and the foggiest location in the continental U.S. is Cape Disappointment on the northern terminus of the Columbia River (with 106 days a year of dense fog!). The interaction of the westward moving flow of the Columbia River and incoming waves produces the dangerous Columbia Bar (see picture), with large waves and threatening shoals. Strong easterly winds exit the Strait of Juan de Fuca, frequently reaching 60-80 mph.
Cliff Mass Weather Blog Are Pacific Northwest Waters Too Risky for Oil And Coal Ships

spoken like a true environmental crazed LIBERAL.
Oh my goodness!
It isn't a Liberal or conservative issue! It is a simple fact of NUMBERS!!!
Is one million barrels floating one mile on the ocean more likely to have an accident and if it does is it more likely to cause greater harm then
700 barrels in a one mile pipe on dry land?
How complicated is that? That's not a liberal/conservative question!

Cause Pipelines don't leak...

Nigeria Parliament Shell Should Pay 3.6 Billion For 2011 Bonga Oil Spill

HoHo and Paula ... twin dopes.. Saudi doesn't control the price of oil ... panic, Saudi continued lowering prices, well, you're right .. bla bla bla slobber drool slobber.

read the OP link and try to fathom the content .. Saudl turns on the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes down.. Saudi turns off the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes up ... are you morons honestly too stupid to understand that ?

Keystone is a pimple on Saudi's butt compared to each other in the WORLD MARKET.

Saudi's oil is also of a much higher quality than the crap in the Keystone

OPEC does not control the price of oil. They are important and influence it but they certainly don't control it. If they controlled it, they would peg the price of oil that maximized their income and it wouldn't fluctuate much.

Why don't they control it? Because almost all the OPEC nations produce above their quota, at least those who can produce above their quota. OPEC produces 35%-40% of oil production. The only country that really has any influence over oil is Saudi Arabia, which produces about 15% of global production, and their influence is waning.

The price of oil isn't falling because of OPEC. The price of oil is falling because their is a lot of supply in the world. The collapse in oil over the past few days has been psychological. The mentioned OPEC - read Saudi - cuts were 300,000 to 500,000 barrels of oil a day, which wouldn't have made much of a dent in supply.

Right here is a lesson... Oil is not the only source of energy, now this might be a shock to you... But cars can run on gas(the non liquid type) or electricity...

The higher the price of oil the more is invested in alternatives... Battery Technology is improving rapidly and we are very close to a ultra fast charge battery which is light and can hold 300 mile charge....

Electricity is far cheaper than Oil, ' electric car costs just 1-2 cent per km compared to 10-12 cent per km for conventional cars. '... So OPEC are running a line to get most revenue possible..

There is multiple methods of reducing Oil Consumption and OPEC don't like that... They hold thousands of patents on oil alternatives...

A small reprieve from the demands of the oil barons and you jump right onto their bandwagon ...again.

Still more evidence that the USA and the world needs to rid itself of being dependent on OIL.

Have a good T-day .

A small reprieve from the demands of the oil barons

Demands? What demands?

and you jump right onto their bandwagon ...again.

The cheap reliable energy bandwagon? I never jumped off.
How's your windmill workin' out for ya?

Most libs never learn.

Right here is a lesson... Oil is not the only source of energy, now this might be a shock to you... But cars can run on gas(the non liquid type) or electricity...

The higher the price of oil the more is invested in alternatives... Battery Technology is improving rapidly and we are very close to a ultra fast charge battery which is light and can hold 300 mile charge....

Electricity is far cheaper than Oil, ' electric car costs just 1-2 cent per km compared to 10-12 cent per km for conventional cars. '... So OPEC are running a line to get most revenue possible..

There is multiple methods of reducing Oil Consumption and OPEC don't like that... They hold thousands of patents on oil alternatives...

I'm all for alternative forms of energy, particularly clean energy. But much of it is not economic currently. And alternative energy is not the reason why Saudis opted not to cut production.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. It's now in their best interest to drive prices down. They need to make American production unprofitable. It's a tactic they've used many times in the past. And it usually works. But it's not gonna work this time. American producers are prepared.

So quit ya bitchin and enjoy your lower gas prices. You're in a Win-Win position at this point. Lower gas prices and a real move towards energy independence is happening. It isn't Gloom & Doom. It's a time to be optimistic.

When you realize that you are a victim to their creed , come talk to us after. It will be enlightening, if you ever get to that point, to realize they use you.

Have a good T-day .

A small reprieve from the demands of the oil barons

Demands? What demands?

and you jump right onto their bandwagon ...again.

The cheap reliable energy bandwagon? I never jumped off.
How's your windmill workin' out for ya?

Most libs never learn.

Win! Win!
Explain that when some so-called economists say that having cheap oil is bad for the economy. Yet expensive oil is bad for the working people.
Damn! What a win, win.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. It's now in their best interest to drive prices down. They need to make American production unprofitable. It's a tactic they've used many times in the past. And it usually works. But it's not gonna work this time. American producers are prepared.

So quit ya bitchin and enjoy your lower gas prices. You're in a Win-Win position at this point. Lower gas prices and a real move towards energy independence is happening. It isn't Gloom & Doom. It's a time to be optimistic.

Saudi's oil is also of a much higher quality than the crap in the Keystone

It's not only about Keystone. We're doing so much more than that. We are rapidly moving towards energy independence. The Saudis and OPEC know that. That's why they're panicking and trying to push American producers out of business. So for the time being, we will be enjoying lower gas prices while moving towards energy independence. Americans are in a very rare Win-Win position on this.

Win! Win!
Explain that when some so-called economists say that having cheap oil is bad for the economy. Yet expensive oil is bad for the working people.
Damn! What a win, win.

The Saudis and OPEC will continue driving prices down. It's an attempt to make American production unprofitable. It's an old tactic that's worked great for them in the past. They believe they'll take a big hit initially, but it'll pay off eventually when American producers close shop. It's a risk they feel comfortable taking. But i think they're miscalculating this time. I think American producers are prepared.

So for the time being, Americans are in a nice position as consumers. They'll continue seeing gas prices drop, while also seeing a big move towards energy independence. For once, American consumers really are in a Win-Win position.

Have a good T-day .

OPEC is trying to stop the tar sand from Canada and North Dakota. They're causing the price of a barrel of oil to be under 70 dollars a barrel. Which at that price, those in the tar sand business are losing a lot of money.

The Saudis are trying to make that tar sand worthless and remove any competition they have from America.

It's called capitalism.

Forum List

Back