10 New Oil Pipelines and you're still screwed ..

Still screwed when OPEC decides to control the price of global oil ... it's a fact of life... just keep telling yourself Keystone will have an effect on the global market..

Oil prices plummet as OPEC decides against output cut

Have a good T-day .

I want a safe, secure source of oil.
Canada is better than the Middle East.
Tell me how stopping Keystone helps.

I want clean air, clean water and unpolluted soil. Tell me how oil sands are clean, coal is clean and solar and renewable sources are bad.

If you want to eliminate coal, support building new nuclear plants.
Solar and wind are expensive, unreliable and require nuclear, coal or natural gas baseline capacity.
Stopping Keystone won't stop tar sand oil production.

Sorry but you're wrong.

My state doesn't have any coal fired plants producing electricity. We don't have any nuclear plants producing electricity.

We have water and wind that produce our electricity. And some solar.

We have so much of it that we sell the excess to other states.

While most states were still staying slaves to coal and other dirty forms of energy in the 90s, my state was building one of the largest wind farms in the nation. We have places here that have so much wind that they're called the Saudi Arabia of wind.

We don't need dirty coal or tar sand to produce energy. We can produce our own energy that's clean and renewable. Washington state proves it everyday.

Still screwed when OPEC decides to control the price of global oil ... it's a fact of life... just keep telling yourself Keystone will have an effect on the global market..

Have a good T-day .

OPEC is trying to stop the tar sand from Canada and North Dakota. They're causing the price of a barrel of oil to be under 70 dollars a barrel. Which at that price, those in the tar sand business are losing a lot of money.

The Saudis are trying to make that tar sand worthless and remove any competition they have from America.

It's called capitalism.

Yes, they'll continue trying to make American production unprofitable. So Americans can expect to see lower gas prices for an extended period of time. The Saudis and OPEC are willing to take the initial hit of lower prices. Because they see it paying off in the long run. They see most American producers eventually calling it quits. So Americans should just sit back and enjoy the battle. They're in a very rare Win-Win position.

Win! Win!
Explain that when some so-called economists say that having cheap oil is bad for the economy. Yet expensive oil is bad for the working people.
Damn! What a win, win.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. So they'll continue lowering prices to make American production unprofitable. That strategy has worked well in the past. But it won't work this time. So Americans should just sit back and enjoy the lower gas prices. And we are moving towards energy independence. It's a Win-Win for Americans at this point. It's actually a time of optimism.

HoHo and Paula ... twin dopes.. Saudi doesn't control the price of oil ... panic, Saudi continued lowering prices, well, you're right .. bla bla bla slobber drool slobber.

read the OP link and try to fathom the content .. Saudl turns on the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes down.. Saudi turns off the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes up ... are you morons honestly too stupid to understand that ?

Keystone is a pimple on Saudi's butt compared to each other in the WORLD MARKET.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. It's now in their best interest to drive prices down. They need to make American production unprofitable. It's a tactic they've used many times in the past. And it usually works. But it's not gonna work this time. American producers are prepared.

So quit ya bitchin and enjoy your lower gas prices. You're in a Win-Win position at this point. Lower gas prices and a real move towards energy independence is happening. It isn't Gloom & Doom. It's a time to be optimistic.

The Saudis and OPEC will continue driving prices down. It's an attempt to make American production unprofitable. It's an old tactic that's worked great for them in the past. They believe they'll take a big hit initially, but it'll pay off eventually when American producers close shop. It's a risk they feel comfortable taking. But i think they're miscalculating this time. I think American producers are prepared.

So for the time being, Americans are in a nice position as consumers. They'll continue seeing gas prices drop, while also seeing a big move towards energy independence. For once, American consumers really are in a Win-Win position.
We can produce oil at 60 dollars a barrel before it's a loss...

Win! Win!
Explain that when some so-called economists say that having cheap oil is bad for the economy. Yet expensive oil is bad for the working people.
Damn! What a win, win.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. So they'll continue lowering prices to make American production unprofitable. That strategy has worked well in the past. But it won't work this time. So Americans should just sit back and enjoy the lower gas prices. And we are moving towards energy independence. It's a Win-Win for Americans at this point. It's actually a time of optimism.

HoHo and Paula ... twin dopes.. Saudi doesn't control the price of oil ... panic, Saudi continued lowering prices, well, you're right .. bla bla bla slobber drool slobber.

read the OP link and try to fathom the content .. Saudl turns on the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes down.. Saudi turns off the pumps GLOBAL OIL goes up ... are you morons honestly too stupid to understand that ?

Keystone is a pimple on Saudi's butt compared to each other in the WORLD MARKET.

The Saudis and OPEC are in panic-mode. It's now in their best interest to drive prices down. They need to make American production unprofitable. It's a tactic they've used many times in the past. And it usually works. But it's not gonna work this time. American producers are prepared.

So quit ya bitchin and enjoy your lower gas prices. You're in a Win-Win position at this point. Lower gas prices and a real move towards energy independence is happening. It isn't Gloom & Doom. It's a time to be optimistic.

The Saudis and OPEC will continue driving prices down. It's an attempt to make American production unprofitable. It's an old tactic that's worked great for them in the past. They believe they'll take a big hit initially, but it'll pay off eventually when American producers close shop. It's a risk they feel comfortable taking. But i think they're miscalculating this time. I think American producers are prepared.

So for the time being, Americans are in a nice position as consumers. They'll continue seeing gas prices drop, while also seeing a big move towards energy independence. For once, American consumers really are in a Win-Win position.

Well, that's the Saudi plan. Get it as low as possible. They can afford to produce oil at very low prices. They understand American oil production is much more expensive. Their hope is that American producers will close shop, like they've done in the past.

But their plan is hitting some snags. Russia and other OPEC Nations can't survive on such low prices. And that could save American oil producers. But either way, American consumers will benefit. Gas Prices should continue to drop.

The Saudi's have put away 27 billion in cash reserves on this gamble...

It's worked for them in the past. They lose initially, but usually win in the end. Most American producers end up closing shop. But will it work this time? I guess we'll see. Either way, enjoy the lower gas prices. It's gonna get even better.

Have a good T-day .
I really don't care if Keystone has or has not an effect on gas prices.
I DO care though 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the worst piece of stormy ocean in a tanker when in one mile less then 700 barrels travels
through a pipeline ON DRY LAND!
The absolute idiocy of anti-Keystone people is they oppose because of the "environment"?
What is their problem in comprehending the simple fact that 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the ocean has
1) not only a GREATER risk of an accident
2) but when the accident occurs a GREATER area of being DAMAGED
3) by a GREATER amount of oil
then 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land in a pipeline that joins already 185,000 miles of oil pipelines traversing the USA?
Are you anti-Keystone environmentalists that totally ignorant of real numbers..i.e. 1 million is a BIGGER number then 700 !

stormy ocean ... you keep saying that.

How can a tanker make it around the Cape of Africa or South America and not encounter stormy weather?

Like Iv'e told you, get a globe and study, you're an idiot.
I don't CARE!
You idiots against the Keystone don't seem to care either that more damage can be done in Pacific NW!
Pacific Northwest ports are being increasingly used to ship oil and coal to Asia.
Unfortunately,Northwest inland and coastal waters are some of the most dangerous in the world,
with strong winds, powerful currents, rocky shores and river bars.
The Pacific coastal water from south of the Columbia River outfall to the tip of Vancouver Island to the north (see map below), is commonly known as the Graveyard of the Pacific, and for good reason. You start with abruptly rising rocky coasts, add strong winds, and mix in low visibility from incessant fog and rain.

View attachment 34429
The blue region on the map is known as the Graveyard of the Pacific

Strong winds, sometimes reaching hurricane strength, batter the Washington and Oregon coasts in winter and the foggiest location in the continental U.S. is Cape Disappointment on the northern terminus of the Columbia River (with 106 days a year of dense fog!). The interaction of the westward moving flow of the Columbia River and incoming waves produces the dangerous Columbia Bar (see picture), with large waves and threatening shoals. Strong easterly winds exit the Strait of Juan de Fuca, frequently reaching 60-80 mph.
Cliff Mass Weather Blog Are Pacific Northwest Waters Too Risky for Oil And Coal Ships

You are a bald faced liar. I grew up on Orcas Island right in the path of your "frequent" 60-80 mph winds.. Never happened! I think ONCE in my life the wind got up around 80 mph. Almost NEVER got up to 60.

I don't give a rat shit about Keystone...what I do resent is people that must lie out of their ass to get something sold. There must be SOMETHING wrong with a plan that needs YOUR lying ass to back it.

it's not so much the Asphalt being passed off as oil, but the solvents the Asphalt use to dilute the Asphalt and MAKE it oil ... those solvents can't be cleaned up and the Asphalt WILL NOT flow through a pipeline without the solvents.

That wasn't my question.
How deep is the aquifer?

those solvents can't be cleaned up

Which solvents are they using and why do you feel they can't be cleaned up?

the point is if spilled those solvents will make it to the aquifer, regardless of depth.

pour a 10 gallon barrel of naptha in your backyard and clean it up .. I'll wait.

the point is if spilled those solvents will make it to the aquifer, regardless of depth.

And you base this on your deep understanding of geology?
Will it happen instantly? Or will it take a while?

Yeah Todd, no one gives a shit about pollution in our air or water, especially when the alternative (preventing pollution) would cut the income of the polluters.

There is no pollution involved in your unreliable more expensive "green energy". LOL!
Your "green energy" would cut everyone's income.

We don't use your dirty oil and coal here to generate electricity.

No one here has had a cut in income. In fact we have a higher standard of living here than many parts of the nation.

We use wind and water to generate our electricity and we have a much better economy than a lot of the rest of the nation.

You're spouting lies that have been told by those who don't want to stop making billions off coal, oil and tar sand.

On top of that we generate more electricity than we can use. We sell our excess to other states.

We have lower electric rates than all but 2 other states. West Virginia's electric rates are 2 tenths of a penny lower than ours. Idaho's electricity is 1 tenth of a penny lower than ours. The rest of the states have higher electric rates than us. While most of the rest of the nation is paying through the nose, we enjoy very low electric rates and high standard of living.

Please learn about things before you post because you're posting lies.

Have a good T-day .
I really don't care if Keystone has or has not an effect on gas prices.
I DO care though 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the worst piece of stormy ocean in a tanker when in one mile less then 700 barrels travels
through a pipeline ON DRY LAND!
The absolute idiocy of anti-Keystone people is they oppose because of the "environment"?
What is their problem in comprehending the simple fact that 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the ocean has
1) not only a GREATER risk of an accident
2) but when the accident occurs a GREATER area of being DAMAGED
3) by a GREATER amount of oil
then 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land in a pipeline that joins already 185,000 miles of oil pipelines traversing the USA?
Are you anti-Keystone environmentalists that totally ignorant of real numbers..i.e. 1 million is a BIGGER number then 700 !

stormy ocean ... you keep saying that.

How can a tanker make it around the Cape of Africa or South America and not encounter stormy weather?

Like Iv'e told you, get a globe and study, you're an idiot.
I don't CARE!
You idiots against the Keystone don't seem to care either that more damage can be done in Pacific NW!
Pacific Northwest ports are being increasingly used to ship oil and coal to Asia.
Unfortunately,Northwest inland and coastal waters are some of the most dangerous in the world,
with strong winds, powerful currents, rocky shores and river bars.
The Pacific coastal water from south of the Columbia River outfall to the tip of Vancouver Island to the north (see map below), is commonly known as the Graveyard of the Pacific, and for good reason. You start with abruptly rising rocky coasts, add strong winds, and mix in low visibility from incessant fog and rain.

View attachment 34429
The blue region on the map is known as the Graveyard of the Pacific

Strong winds, sometimes reaching hurricane strength, batter the Washington and Oregon coasts in winter and the foggiest location in the continental U.S. is Cape Disappointment on the northern terminus of the Columbia River (with 106 days a year of dense fog!). The interaction of the westward moving flow of the Columbia River and incoming waves produces the dangerous Columbia Bar (see picture), with large waves and threatening shoals. Strong easterly winds exit the Strait of Juan de Fuca, frequently reaching 60-80 mph.
Cliff Mass Weather Blog Are Pacific Northwest Waters Too Risky for Oil And Coal Ships

You are a bald faced liar. I grew up on Orcas Island right in the path of your "frequent" 60-80 mph winds.. Never happened! I think ONCE in my life the wind got up around 80 mph. Almost NEVER got up to 60.

I don't give a rat shit about Keystone...what I do resent is people that must lie out of their ass to get something sold. There must be SOMETHING wrong with a plan that needs YOUR lying ass to back it.

I can't agree with you more.

I was born and raised in Seattle. I've lived in Washington most of my life. I've spent a lot of time in the San Juan Islands.

The wind there is not 60 mph. In fact, the waters up there are just fine for ferries to travel back and forth all day long 24-7. If the winds and water were that rough the ferries couldn't run all day long every day of the year.

I've traveled countless times from the San Juans to the mainland. I can't recall ever there being high winds or rough water. At least not to the extent that the poster you replied to stated. Certainly not enough to capsize a ship with oil.

When you realize that you are a victim to their creed , come talk to us after. It will be enlightening, if you ever get to that point, to realize they use you.

A small reprieve from the demands of the oil barons and you jump right onto their bandwagon ...again.
Seems some people take a long time to learn a lesson.

Still more evidence that the USA and the world needs to rid itself of being dependent on OIL.

Have a good T-day .

Yes, we must stop using this cheap, reliable source of energy.

A small reprieve from the demands of the oil barons

Demands? What demands?

and you jump right onto their bandwagon ...again.

The cheap reliable energy bandwagon? I never jumped off.
How's your windmill workin' out for ya?

Seems some people take a long time to learn a lesson.

Most libs never learn.

56695492.jpg

Have a good T-day .

We need to use our oil only...

We don't have enough oil.

Have a good T-day .

We need to use our oil only...

Excellent idea! When will Obama open more offshore and ANWR production permits?

Have a good T-day .

I want clean air, clean water and unpolluted soil. Tell me how oil sands are clean, coal is clean and solar and renewable sources are bad.

Solar and wind are expensive, unreliable and require nuclear, coal or natural gas baseline capacity.

Sorry but you're wrong.

My state doesn't have any coal fired plants producing electricity. We don't have any nuclear plants producing electricity.

While most states were still staying slaves to coal and other dirty forms of energy in the 90s, my state was building one of the largest wind farms in the nation. We have places here that have so much wind that they're called the Saudi Arabia of wind.

We don't need dirty coal or tar sand to produce energy. We can produce our own energy that's clean and renewable. Washington state proves it everyday.

What state?

Win! Win!
Damn! What a win, win.

FACTS OK?
To get a barrel of oil to the REFINERY is see below...
NOW that is the COST of getting to a refinery... doesn't mean the cost to the refinery to buy that oil from the producer.
Today Producers on contract are sellingCrude Oil (WTI) USD/bbl. 66.15
You figure $60 a barrel is acceptable?

costtoupliftoil.png

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

we need Keystone to get Canadian oil to the new $10 billion dollar Saudi refinery.

American traitors insist.

Last edited:
Win! Win!
Damn! What a win, win.

FACTS OK?
To get a barrel of oil to the REFINERY is see below...
NOW that is the COST of getting to a refinery... doesn't mean the cost to the refinery to buy that oil from the producer.
Today Producers on contract are sellingCrude Oil (WTI) USD/bbl. 66.15
You figure $60 a barrel is acceptable?

View attachment 34563

Do you find $7.15 an hour acceptable? Shouldn't we all walk In the shoes of others to truly understand value?

Have a good T-day .

Sorry but you're wrong.

What state?

If you had read the whole post you would know what state. Take a look at the last sentence. You'll get your answer.

Why does it matter what state I'm in? My state proves you very wrong.

Sorry but you're wrong.

What state?

If you had read the whole post you would know what state. Take a look at the last sentence. You'll get your answer.

Why does it matter what state I'm in? My state proves you very wrong.

How does Washington state prove my previous post very wrong?

One of the main reasons/excuses that the oil companies use to artificially inflate gasoline prices is that our refineries are either down for repairs or already running at full capacity. How exactly will adding another burden to U S refineries do anything but keep OUR fuel costs high? AND for whom?

These oil companies WE fight and die to protect are not even American. I keep hearing that OUR military enters into these ill advised wars to protect OUR freedoms. What a load of crap! If you believe that YOU ARE A FULL Blown moron. Did Afgahnistan lower OUR gasoline prices? Did Iraq lower OUR gasoline prices?

We should NOT be subsidizing Canada oil refined in U S refineries for refined pertroleum for China or wherever that can ONLY cost us at the pumps.

People like Healthmyths are traitors to America. Yes he has the right to lie to you but you are fools to take anything that POS says at face value.

Piss on any company that uses U S refineries to ultimately overload U S capacity and pass on to U S citizens the cost of refining oil for any other nation. If this scheme is such a good idea why don't they refine the oil in Canada? That and MORE questions still remain un answered. Untill they can gaurantee their little oil scam won't cost me at the pump then fuck these assholes!!!

Forum List

Back