10 New Oil Pipelines and you're still screwed ..

VIENNA — Oil prices fell sharply Thursday after the powerful oil collective OPEC said it would't intervene in global markets and cut production levels to stem oil prices that have fallen 30% since June.
Saudi Arabia's oil minister Ali Al-Naimi delivered the news as he left a meeting of the cartel in Vienna.
Crude oil prices plummeted 2.7% to $72.61 a barrel following the annoucement. In June, prices were as high as $115 a barrel.

:dunno:

Still screwed when OPEC decides to control the price of global oil ... it's a fact of life... just keep telling yourself Keystone will have an effect on the global market..

Oil prices plummet as OPEC decides against output cut

Have a good T-day .
I really don't care if Keystone has or has not an effect on gas prices.
I DO care though 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the worst piece of stormy ocean in a tanker when in one mile less then 700 barrels travels
through a pipeline ON DRY LAND!
The absolute idiocy of anti-Keystone people is they oppose because of the "environment"?
What is their problem in comprehending the simple fact that 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the ocean has
1) not only a GREATER risk of an accident
2) but when the accident occurs a GREATER area of being DAMAGED
3) by a GREATER amount of oil
then 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land in a pipeline that joins already 185,000 miles of oil pipelines traversing the USA?
Are you anti-Keystone environmentalists that totally ignorant of real numbers..i.e. 1 million is a BIGGER number then 700 !

Still screwed when OPEC decides to control the price of global oil ... it's a fact of life... just keep telling yourself Keystone will have an effect on the global market..

Have a good T-day .
I DO care though 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the worst piece of stormy ocean in a tanker when in one mile less then 700 barrels travels
The absolute idiocy of anti-Keystone people is they oppose because of the "environment"?
What is their problem in comprehending the simple fact that 1 million barrels traveling one mile on the ocean has
then 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land in a pipeline that joins already 185,000 miles of oil pipelines traversing the USA?
Are you anti-Keystone environmentalists that totally ignorant of real numbers..i.e. 1 million is a BIGGER number then 700 !

stormy ocean ... you keep saying that.

How can a tanker make it around the Cape of Africa or South America and not encounter stormy weather?

Like Iv'e told you, get a globe and study, you're an idiot.

or go swim around the Cape of South America ..

ESTRECHO DE MAGALLANES

tanque1.jpg

Blue Sky and following winds

Have a good T-day .

How can a tanker make it around the Cape of Africa or South America and not encounter stormy weather?

I don't CARE!
You idiots against the Keystone don't seem to care either that more damage can be done in Pacific NW!
Pacific Northwest ports are being increasingly used to ship oil and coal to Asia.
Unfortunately,Northwest inland and coastal waters are some of the most dangerous in the world,
with strong winds, powerful currents, rocky shores and river bars.
The Pacific coastal water from south of the Columbia River outfall to the tip of Vancouver Island to the north (see map below), is commonly known as the Graveyard of the Pacific, and for good reason. You start with abruptly rising rocky coasts, add strong winds, and mix in low visibility from incessant fog and rain.

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 10.49.14 AM.png

The blue region on the map is known as the Graveyard of the Pacific

Strong winds, sometimes reaching hurricane strength, batter the Washington and Oregon coasts in winter and the foggiest location in the continental U.S. is Cape Disappointment on the northern terminus of the Columbia River (with 106 days a year of dense fog!). The interaction of the westward moving flow of the Columbia River and incoming waves produces the dangerous Columbia Bar (see picture), with large waves and threatening shoals. Strong easterly winds exit the Strait of Juan de Fuca, frequently reaching 60-80 mph.
Cliff Mass Weather Blog Are Pacific Northwest Waters Too Risky for Oil And Coal Ships

Have a good T-day .

I want a safe, secure source of oil.
Canada is better than the Middle East.
Tell me how stopping Keystone helps.

saftey isn't my concern ... that obstacle belongs to healthdolt.

my BIGGEST problem is CONGRESS giving away American citizens hard earned land to another Country ... anyone who supports Keystone supports giving away another mans hard earned property to a French Oil Company.

Screw that, Screw Keystone. Screw Congress.

yup smooth sailing in Houston Ship Channel ...

march, 2014

Ship Channel remains closed after oil spill - Houston Chronicle

now go pet the cat
The Houston Ship Channel, where up to 168,000 gallons of oil were spilled after a barge and a tanker collided last weekend, will remain closed until Tuesday, Coast Guard officials said late Monday.
F...king idiot regarding numbers!!! 168,000 GALLONS you dummy is less then 4,000 barrels! GEEZ you idiots when it comes to math!
4,000 barrels... YOU know Exxon Valdez spill dumped 11 million gallons of oil or 261,000 barrels!
So again... which is a BIGGER NUMBER and CAN CAUSE A BIGGER MESS??
700 barrels in one mile of pipeline or 1 million barrels traveling one mile in a tanker?
Why is that so hard to comprehend?
I understand. YOU don't like to be proven wrong!
Grow up! Get smart. Use some brains instead of your emotions!
Your are wrong! 1 million barrels of oil traveling one mile on the open ocean has a greater chance of an accident and when it does a greater area of
damage and a larger amount of wildlife hurt...VS 700 barrels in one mile of pipeline on dry land!
HAVE A little common sense folks!

Have a good T-day .

I don't CARE!
You idiots against the Keystone don't seem to care either that more damage can be done in Pacific NW!
Pacific Northwest ports are being increasingly used to ship oil and coal to Asia.
Unfortunately,Northwest inland and coastal waters are some of the most dangerous in the world,
The Pacific coastal water from south of the Columbia River outfall to the tip of Vancouver Island to the north (see map below), is commonly known as the Graveyard of the Pacific, and for good reason. You start with abruptly rising rocky coasts, add strong winds, and mix in low visibility from incessant fog and rain.

View attachment 34429

Strong winds, sometimes reaching hurricane strength, batter the Washington and Oregon coasts in winter and the foggiest location in the continental U.S. is Cape Disappointment on the northern terminus of the Columbia River (with 106 days a year of dense fog!). The interaction of the westward moving flow of the Columbia River and incoming waves produces the dangerous Columbia Bar (see picture), with large waves and threatening shoals. Strong easterly winds exit the Strait of Juan de Fuca, frequently reaching 60-80 mph.
Cliff Mass Weather Blog Are Pacific Northwest Waters Too Risky for Oil And Coal Ships

spoken like a true environmental crazed LIBERAL.

Have a good T-day .

my BIGGEST problem is CONGRESS giving away American citizens hard earned land to another Country ... anyone who supports Keystone supports giving away another mans hard earned property to a French Oil Company.

RIGHT... That may make all the sense in the world EXCEPT... it costs money when 1 million barrels floats passed puget sound!

Have a good T-day .

If OPEC controls the price of oil, why is the price going down? Wouldn't a higher price be in OPEC's best interests? Are you telling us that OPEC countries actually prefer to earn less revenue from oil rather than more?

Have a good T-day .

How do you figure? The company building the pipeline has to pay for the use of the land, and furthermore, they are only buying the right-of-way. Farmers and ranchers will still be able to farm and ranch on the land after the pipeline is laid and buried.

Have a good T-day .

RIGHT... That may make all the sense in the world EXCEPT... it costs money when 1 million barrels floats passed puget sound!

regardless what amount was spilled in Houston, it was ENOUGH to shut down the ship channel wasn't it?

damn boy, yu iz dum.

Have a good T-day .

I don't CARE!

View attachment 34429

spoken like a true environmental crazed LIBERAL.
Oh my goodness!
It isn't a Liberal or conservative issue! It is a simple fact of NUMBERS!!!
Is one million barrels floating one mile on the ocean more likely to have an accident and if it does is it more likely to cause greater harm then
700 barrels in a one mile pipe on dry land?
How complicated is that? That's not a liberal/conservative question!

Have a good T-day .

If OPEC controls the price of oil, why is the price going down? Wouldn't a higher price be in OPEC's best interests? Are you telling us that OPEC countries actually prefer to earn less revenue from oil rather than more?

The left is desperate to justify not building the pipeline, so far all their excuses are utterly stupid.

Have a good T-day .

regardless what amount was spilled in Houston, it was ENOUGH to shut down the ship channel wasn't it?

damn boy, yu iz dum.
AND how long dummy?A total of 81 vessels waited Monday to move through the channel as authorities continued efforts to contain
So what? it shut it down for less then 2 days! SO what?

Forum List

Back