Youtube bans david duke, trump and other right wing trash

YouTube has banned some of the video site’s most notorious far-right users, including former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, “alt-right” figurehead Richard Spencer and libertarian “race realist” Stefan Molyneux, joining a wave of social media sites taking action against hate speech.

The company says the bans were handed down due to the creators’ repeated violation of YouTube’s policies against claiming that protected groups are “inferior”.

About time. These idiots have nothing to say.
LOL Twitch sent Trump to banned camp! Even Reddit has closed a few accounts.
Wow. Whoever thought that greedy capitalist Big Business would finally be the conscience of America? If you ask me, it's about time. Way past time, actually.

So you actually approve of some corporate board deciding what you can watch and see?

As a private company YouTube has the right to allow whoever they want. I'm not a big fan of what they are doing but I most certainly can understand Trump getting swept up with the rest.

You mean like a privately owned Christian bakery? That kind of a "Private company"?

Yes. I believe they should be allowed to bake what they want. I wish they would put a sign out front though so I know not to do business with them.

So Verizon can cut off your service if they disagree with your calls?

Interesting

As a private company YouTube has the right to allow whoever they want. I'm not a big fan of what they are doing but I most certainly can understand Trump getting swept up with the rest.

You mean like a privately owned Christian bakery? That kind of a "Private company"?

Yes. I believe they should be allowed to bake what they want. I wish they would put a sign out front though so I know not to do business with them.

Interesting

Would you please hold your target in one place?

This is a moment for which freedom of expression is so valuable. Let them be what they are, right out in the open, so we can fix this once and for all.
How do you propose to "fix this?" By watching their Youtube videos? Banning them from the largest social media platforms DOES "culturally marginalize" them, which is what should happen. They still have their websites to spew their hatred. But when the larger culture, via Youtube, FB, Twitter says GET OUT, WE WON'T CONDONE YOU, that is marginalizing them. Puts them back in the barn where they belong.
We disagree.

I think this has to be organically, through the culture, with people from both ends of the issue being brave enough to hold their own side accountable.

Shutting people down, punishing them for saying what's on their mind, intimidating them from expressing themselves, only makes them more angry. That's one of the main reasons we have Trump. And it is -- and here's a word I rarely use -- Un-American.

You do know that they only wanted to refuse that one particular service, i.e. a cake for an SSM wedding?

If said gay couple came in for a birthday cake for one of them, he would have gladly provided it, as long as it didn't include anything he found objectionable.

YouTube has banned some of the video site’s most notorious far-right users, including former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, “alt-right” figurehead Richard Spencer and libertarian “race realist” Stefan Molyneux, joining a wave of social media sites taking action against hate speech.

The company says the bans were handed down due to the creators’ repeated violation of YouTube’s policies against claiming that protected groups are “inferior”.

Hey Tommy. Don't ever think I said hey to you. Seen quite a few of your posts.
Tommy, you a real bummer man. You a real real bummer. Did you kick the dog this morn yet?

You do know that they only wanted to refuse that one particular service, i.e. a cake for an SSM wedding?

If said gay couple came in for a birthday cake for one of them, he would have gladly provided it, as long as it didn't include anything he found objectionable.

And? Put a sign out front. We don't do SSM.

Tommy Tainant said:
Youtube bans david duke, trump and other right wing trash
You're a lying piece of trash.

Why can't you ever post without lying? Is that on purpose, or are LWNJs simply incapable of discussing any subject without lying?

You're a fuckin' idiot and a liar.

Wow. Whoever thought that greedy capitalist Big Business would finally be the conscience of America? If you ask me, it's about time. Way past time, actually.

Big business ganging up on private individuals and even the fucking presidenf of the nation, this utterly anti-American moron finds "conscience"? Yeah, the problem with big business was that it wasn't Stalinist enough.

Absolutely incredible, a leftist can never be American. With messages like these I would hope the gulags were already here, some people do deserve them.

And?

It just shows your rigidity in your views, you can't accept anyone having a differing viewpoint from you.

So you actually approve of some corporate board deciding what you can watch and see?

Stalinists are revealing their true colors, the mask is finally slipping off so that everyone can see.

Trump has not been banned, nor is he a racist.

I’m on PARLER free speech site it’s great

Trump has plenty to say. He is making policy. That is relevant and important. Your claim is an obvious lie.

The truth is, it is not that you think he has nothing to say. YOu know he has plenty to say. YOu want to silence him, because you disagree with him and you don't care about him having any Freedom of Speech, because you are a commie.
No, because every time he spews out his verbal diarrhea I'm in danger of splitting my sides
literally and I can't afford a hernia. And lets face it telling you guys to "inject disinfectant" and
"Stop testing and the number of infections will drop!" will reduce the numbers of Republicans surviving to get to the polls and while not doing himself any favors he's certainly doing the rest of us a big one. Only good right wingers are dead ones!

Ha ha ha ha
Ah ha ha ha!
/——/ Stop lying. Trump never told people to inject disinfectant.

So Cellblock/Correll Trump didn't suggest people inject disinfectant

You lying friggin' twats!

Freedom of expression does not mean one can always express oneself for free. It means that no official will prosecute or persecute just for something being said.
If the desire is to obtain a larger audience than just those who are in earshot, that may mean paying for a medium or for media to go wider. Media that are privately owned and free are not obliged to carry your message.

This is a moment for which freedom of expression is so valuable. Let them be what they are, right out in the open, so we can fix this once and for all.
How do you propose to "fix this?" By watching their Youtube videos? Banning them from the largest social media platforms DOES "culturally marginalize" them, which is what should happen. They still have their websites to spew their hatred. But when the larger culture, via Youtube, FB, Twitter says GET OUT, WE WON'T CONDONE YOU, that is marginalizing them. Puts them back in the barn where they belong.
We disagree.

I think this has to be organically, through the culture, with people from both ends of the issue being brave enough to hold their own side accountable.

Shutting people down, punishing them for saying what's on their mind, intimidating them from expressing themselves, only makes them more angry. That's one of the main reasons we have Trump. And it is -- and here's a word I rarely use -- Un-American.
We need a special 3 thumbs up icon we can use once per day for a Babe Ruth Grand Slammy post.

Trump has plenty to say. He is making policy. That is relevant and important. Your claim is an obvious lie.

The truth is, it is not that you think he has nothing to say. YOu know he has plenty to say. YOu want to silence him, because you disagree with him and you don't care about him having any Freedom of Speech, because you are a commie.
No, because every time he spews out his verbal diarrhea I'm in danger of splitting my sides
literally and I can't afford a hernia. And lets face it telling you guys to "inject disinfectant" and
"Stop testing and the number of infections will drop!" will reduce the numbers of Republicans surviving to get to the polls and while not doing himself any favors he's certainly doing the rest of us a big one. Only good right wingers are dead ones!

Ha ha ha ha
Ah ha ha ha!
/——/ Stop lying. Trump never told people to inject disinfectant.

So Cellblock/Correll Trump didn't suggest people inject disinfectant

You lying friggin' twats!

Lol It is so GD funny to watch their psychosis playing out.Lol

Exactly. The government should not be forcing people to do business with each other aganist their wishes. That is why I am entirely opposed to protected classes and public accommodation laws. Sadly, far too many people here only care about using these laws to punish people they dislike instead allowing the business owner to make the decision for themselves and let the market decide if their business practices will be rewarded or not. The flipping and flopping only exposes those that genuinely care about such freedoms and liberties from those that merely pay lip service, like most people here.

Tommy!! Afraid of the truth ain't ja?? Gotta hide under a GD rock eh?

We told you sniffing your grannys dirty undies for yrs in her bsement would do this to you.

Interesting

Would you please hold your target in one place?

It's thought provoking, sorry if it's too early for you

Forum List

Back