Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

The US Constitution says it's ok to disrespect the Flag.

doesn't mean I can't call you a cocksucker if you do.
No it doesn't, but yes you can.
First Amendment.
Show me where it says any such thing. I posted another thread on this very subject.

Can you shout fire in a movie theater?

Can you libel someone?

Can you commit slander?
The amendment as adopted in 1791 reads as follows:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

you can't hurt someone by being disrespectful to the Flag.
it's not libel
it's not slander

John Kerry on

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

First Amendment.
Show me where it says any such thing. I posted another thread on this very subject.

Can you libel someone?

Can you commit slander?

All of the aforementioned can cause actual harm. Sorry, having your feelings hurt isn't a compelling enough argument to curtail one's First Amendmnet rights.

First of all what they did is not protected by the first amendment, forget that BS, IT IS NOT.

Second, who puts the limits on speech? You are trying to enforce laws because it hurts someone's FEELINGS? Really? Are you really that big of snowflake? (I don't think you are) My FEELINGS were hurt by the players taking a knee to protect the rich owners, so should I sue or is someone else going to sue?

First Amendment.

Can you libel someone?

Can you commit slander?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

it's not libel
it's not slander

John Kerry on

Try this: Future Colin Kaepernicks, Beware: You Can Get Fired for Political Speech

Please in the future if you want to win arguments, don't quote Kerry.

First Amendment.

Can you libel someone?

Can you commit slander?

it's not libel
it's not slander

John Kerry on

Try this: Future Colin Kaepernicks, Beware: You Can Get Fired for Political Speech

I'm not arguing, I'm having a conversation.

you mad bro?

If so,

John Kerry on..

First of all what they did is not protected by the first amendment, forget that BS, IT IS NOT.

Second, who puts the limits on speech? You are trying to enforce laws because it hurts someone's FEELINGS? Really? Are you really that big of snowflake? (I don't think you are) My FEELINGS were hurt by the players taking a knee to protect the rich owners, so should I sue or is someone else going to sue?

Of course it is protected. They can't be punished by the government for their actions, but they sure as hell can by their employer.

You're claiming disrespecting the flag isn't covered by the First Amendment. Which is false. Of course it is covered, you may not like it, but our constitutional rights are not determined by your feelings.

First Amendment.

Can you libel someone?

Can you commit slander?

it's not libel
it's not slander

John Kerry on

I'm not arguing, I'm having a conversation.

you mad bro?

If so,

John Kerry on..

I would say I am kinda pissed off. Loved the Steelers for years and now I will give them up. I think if they would have come out of the tunnel and made a statement I would have actually respected that more. But hiding in the tunnel forcing an Army Ranger to do what he didn't want to do, that is just being cowards.

Sorry if I used the wrong verb, I'll work on that.

I'm not talking about the Constitution, you are free to disrespect the flag under the Constitution, the Supreme Court made that decision long ago.

What I'm talking about is military veterans saying that their status as military veterans give them a special right to disrespect the flag, or tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

That's pure unadulterated bullshit.

Burning the flag, or disrespecting the flag, means I no longer am listening to your message. I no longer want to hear you, all I know is that you are an enemy of the United States, and I don't care what you have to say.
^ the root of fascism and communism
You are a coward calling me names like that from the safety of behind your keyboard.

Ooo. Are you a tough guy that we should be afraid of?

Of course it is protected. They can't be punished by the government for their actions, but they sure as hell can by their employer.

You're claiming disrespecting the flag isn't covered by the First Amendment. Which is false. Of course it is covered, you may not like it, but our constitutional rights are not determined by your feelings.
I guess I don't understand. You are saying that there will or will not be ramifications for their political protest? Whether there actually is or not?

Of course the government isn't going to come and arrest them because they actually broke no law.

But saying that they have a first amendment right as if there could be no ramifications is completely wrong.

There's always a small cadre of douchebag military veterans who stand by to make excuses for the Democrats and all the unpatriotic shit they pull. It's bullshit.

I'm not talking about the Constitution, you are free to disrespect the flag under the Constitution, the Supreme Court made that decision long ago.

What I'm talking about is military veterans saying that their status as military veterans give them a special right to disrespect the flag, or tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

You never served did you?

I can see you're very jealous of us 1%ers.....

I did.

I did.

Good for you. Welcome to the 1% club. You voluntarily joined, yes?

I served to defend the right for Kapernick to take a knee, for anyone to burn a flag, for Fred Phelps to protest funerals and for Trump supporters to chant "Jew S A" at rallies.

Peaceful protest is a cornerstone of our Democracy. Forced patriotism smells way too much like fascism for my tastes.

You're free to say it, I'm not going to arrest you, but it's a bullshit argument. Veterans did not earn a right to tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

As long as people throw out the argument "Troops fought and died for X, so show some respect", then troops will have to come out and say "No, we fought and died so people have the freedom to say and do whatever they want (within the confines of the law, of course)."

You're free to say it, I'm not going to arrest you, but it's a bullshit argument. Veterans did not earn a right to tell others it's ok to disrespect the flag.

It is not a bullshit argument. These veterans have put their lives on the line for this country. You have a chicken hawk like Trump who didn't give up a thing for this country. He was too busy feathering his nest. You don't like it because these veterans understand what this country is about. You dishonor the Constitution and you claim to love it. You want to worship a idol made of cloth and trash the Constitution. We have overwhelming proof that comparing Trump to Hitler is very valid and fighting stormtroopers like you.

There's always a small cadre of douchebag military veterans who stand by to make excuses for the Democrats and all the unpatriotic shit they pull. It's bullshit.

You little piece of garbage. Veterans are entitled to their opinion. You are unpatriotic and un-American. You are the threat to America. Shut up you douche-bag garbage and go back to the sewer you came from.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liberals.
Leftwingers are the ones trying to outlaw free speech, not Trump.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liberals.
Leftwingers are the ones trying to outlaw free speech, not Trump.

Trump is trying to outlaw free speech and so are you. You are no different Nazi.

I did.

I don't believe you. Are you stealing valor? That's so odd. Conservative nutbags never do that!

Forum List

Back