What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you invest in Porsche?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Porsche IPO is imminent. Here is their latest (I think) financial report:

Everything is looking up for this iconic brand right now. Year after year, their products reflect the best in German technology, combining comfort, performance, economy, and better durability and reliability than any other German brand - some might say better than any other brand. Indeed, it is not unusual to find 15-20 year-old Porsche's that are still solid and running fine, with nothing but standard maintenance.

But does that make them a good investment?

Investing in a German company is not a simple proposition...

...but regardless, knowing what we do about Porsche, the car maker, would you invest?

I think I would.

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Never.

I would only invest in 100% American companies.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Everything is looking up for this iconic brand right now. Year after year, their products reflect the best in German technology, combining comfort, performance, economy, and better durability and reliability than any other German brand - some might say better than any other brand. Indeed, it is not unusual to find 15-20 year-old Porsche's that are still solid and running fine, with nothing but standard maintenance.

...but regardless, knowing what we do about Porsche, the car maker, would you invest?

I think I would.
It is a foreign company so you pay different taxes on those stocks.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nope.

Votto

Diamond Member
Reaction score

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Considering heavy industry in Germany & the rest of Europe is failing spectacularly & many industries are shutting down for good because of energy & supply chain issues, investing in anything over there is as risky as it gets.

Other than casket makers & funeral homes, it appears few EU businesses are worth any consideration for investment purposes

Rocko

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a foreign company so you pay different taxes on those stocks.
If it trades on a U.S. exchange the tax implications are the same. It’s called an ADR

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I think I would.

At close to 80 bucks a share at the start I would not. To buy enough stock to make a difference would be an expensive prospect with not enough upside.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score

I think I would.
They’ve been great the last couple of decades, but they are buying into the electrify nonsense. They’ll end up losing a lot of money when EV bubble pops. Lithium and cobalt will become too expensive.

Toddsterpatriot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy any auto stock.

Next Time

Reaction score
If I had the money to buy one, it would be treated like art. Sit it on blocks and let it appreciate. Driving it will be a thing of the past at this rate with the price of fuel. Unless they made their version of a Porsche/Tesla lovechild car.

SavannahMann

Gold Member
Reaction score

SavannahMann

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with cheeseburgers. There's also American USDA Choice Prime rib roasts, too. I reckon you're too stupid to know about that or how to smoke pork tenderloins and things like that.

I see you have no frame of reference.

Let me help.

The Duke

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I see you have no frame of reference.

Let me help.

I am surprised that Family Guy and Letterman intersected. :aargh:

Last time time I saw Letterman it was around 2005, maybe? I'm about to go to sleep and last thing, very last thing on this motherfucker's show..

Out comes John Fogarty from nowhere and he absolutely bangs out this fast rocking song and nails it and I didn't get to sleep until like 3:40. Gave me a serious adrenaline charge.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

New Topics

Forum List