Come clean if you predicted Elon Musk would never own Twitter

Just go ahead and admit it so we dont have to waste time researching it. He should take it private immediately. Should he censor people with which whom he disagrees? Why or why not?

Well, he doesn't actually own it yet. It would be funny though if Elon buys it, then clamps down on all leftwing conspiracies and bans all of those promoting CRT and other leftwing topics putting Ted Nugent in charge as lead communication officer! :rock:

Well, he doesn't actually own it yet. It would be funny though if Elon buys it, then clamps down on all leftwing conspiracies and bans all of those promoting CRT and other leftwing topics putting Ted Nugent in charge as lead communication officer! :rock:
He could by Friday. All parties have agreed to terms. Now it’s just putting the financing in place

Ummmmm......if he's buying it, he's taking it private.

Ummmmm…..it wont necessarily be private by Friday, but he will have a controlling interest.

I know he is taking it private…he has been very clear on that.

My point was to get it done immediately so it will not be publicly held by the election.

Delisting does not happen overnight.

Ummmmm…..it wont necessarily be private by Friday, but he will have a controlling interest.

I know he is taking it private…he has been very clear on that.

My point was to get it done immediately so it will not be publicly held by the election.

Delisting does not happen overnight.

It will be private, he's buying every share.

No, the deal won't close by Friday.

Just go ahead and admit it so we dont have to waste time researching it.

He should take it private immediately.

Should he censor people with which whom he disagrees? Why or why not?
I'm among those who honestly didn't know. The concept was interesting but I wasn't terribly disappointed when he backed out. I've seen too many message boards and social media sites overrun with dishonest memes, quotes, outrageously slanderous/libelous and dangerous rhetoric from extremists on both sides so that all reasonable conversation was pretty much drowned out. Would his 'free speech' policy turn Twitter into the same thing?

But then again, if he should actually install policy that applied to both sides equally, that would be enormously refreshing. And maybe he will.

So again I'll watch to see if the deal goes through this time and it is with a combination of trepidation, hope, curiosity.

I'm among those who honestly didn't know. The concept was interesting but I wasn't terribly disappointed when he backed out. I've seen too many message boards and social media sites overrun with dishonest memes, quotes, outrageously slanderous/libelous and dangerous rhetoric from extremists on both sides so that all reasonable conversation was pretty much drowned out. Would his 'free speech' policy turn Twitter into the same thing?

But then again, if he should actually install policy that applied to both sides equally, that would be enormously refreshing. And maybe he will.

So again I'll watch to see if the deal goes through this time and it is with a combination of trepidation, hope, curiosity.

It looks like he is planning on bundling it or using it somehow with some new project he has callled the “X” app.

It looks like he is planning on bundling it or using it somehow with some new project he has callled the “X” app.
I hope he is able to improve it but I hope he doesn't really change it. It's a really good platform and, while preference and deference is definitely given to the left, we on the right can say what we need to say there and have good discussions. We just have to be more careful how we say it than the left does. It would be nice to have equal treatment under the 'law' there.

I get frustrated with the platforms that are mostly right wing. Good people there but some real nut extremists too and the really slanderous/libelous stuff is allowed and they become just one big echo chamber. The same as it is on all leftwing sites. Twitter has a good mix of both even if we on the right are the 'untouchables' of the society. :) And they do censor out most of the crazy stuff.

Last edited:
I hope he is able to improve it but I hope he doesn't really change it. It's a really good platform and, while preference and deference is definitely given to the left, we on the right can say what we need to say there and have good discussions. We just have to be more careful how we say it than the left does. It would be nice to have equal treatment under the 'law' there.

I would love the bots cleaned up. Hope he can accomplish that, or reduce them significantly.

I would love the bots cleaned up. Hope he can accomplish that, or reduce them significantly.
They are inevitable, and almost all are from the left. I've never identified one that was rightwing that interacted with anybody. Not sure what their function is but they are either spies or created to sell to folks who want to look important and buy hundreds or thousands of followers that of course will be all fake accounts.

They are inevitable, and almost all are from the left. I've never identified one that was rightwing that interacted with anybody. Not sure what their function is but they are either spies or created to sell to folks who want to look important and buy hundreds or thousands of followers that of course will be all fake accounts.

They seem to be often used to sway public opinion.

They work off key words in tweets or follow individual users and then auutomatically tweet a pre written message.

So for example, every time certain users post…lets take Ben Shapiro. There are bots that instantly call him a Nazi every time he tweets.

They seem to be often used to sway public opinion.

They work off key words in tweets or follow individual users and then auutomatically tweet a pre written message.

So for example, every time certain users post…lets take Ben Shapiro. There are bots that instantly call him a Nazi every time he tweets.
That is true. Hit and run attack tweets are the stock in trade of the spy bots. I think they might be programmed to automatically report Patriots who tweet certain key words too.

Just go ahead and admit it so we dont have to waste time researching it.

He should take it private immediately.

Should he censor people with which whom he disagrees? Why or why not?
So do you admit Musk was negotiating with Twitter in bad faith?

Forum List

Back