Would you invest in Porsche?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Porsche IPO is imminent. Here is their latest (I think) financial report:

Everything is looking up for this iconic brand right now. Year after year, their products reflect the best in German technology, combining comfort, performance, economy, and better durability and reliability than any other German brand - some might say better than any other brand. Indeed, it is not unusual to find 15-20 year-old Porsche's that are still solid and running fine, with nothing but standard maintenance.

But does that make them a good investment?

Investing in a German company is not a simple proposition...

...but regardless, knowing what we do about Porsche, the car maker, would you invest?

I think I would.

Everything is looking up for this iconic brand right now. Year after year, their products reflect the best in German technology, combining comfort, performance, economy, and better durability and reliability than any other German brand - some might say better than any other brand. Indeed, it is not unusual to find 15-20 year-old Porsche's that are still solid and running fine, with nothing but standard maintenance.

...but regardless, knowing what we do about Porsche, the car maker, would you invest?

I think I would.
It is a foreign company so you pay different taxes on those stocks.

Considering heavy industry in Germany & the rest of Europe is failing spectacularly & many industries are shutting down for good because of energy & supply chain issues, investing in anything over there is as risky as it gets.

Other than casket makers & funeral homes, it appears few EU businesses are worth any consideration for investment purposes

I think I would.

At close to 80 bucks a share at the start I would not. To buy enough stock to make a difference would be an expensive prospect with not enough upside.

I think I would.
They’ve been great the last couple of decades, but they are buying into the electrify nonsense. They’ll end up losing a lot of money when EV bubble pops. Lithium and cobalt will become too expensive.

If I had the money to buy one, it would be treated like art. Sit it on blocks and let it appreciate. Driving it will be a thing of the past at this rate with the price of fuel. Unless they made their version of a Porsche/Tesla lovechild car.

Nothing wrong with cheeseburgers. There's also American USDA Choice Prime rib roasts, too. I reckon you're too stupid to know about that or how to smoke pork tenderloins and things like that.

I see you have no frame of reference.

Let me help.

I see you have no frame of reference.

Let me help.

I am surprised that Family Guy and Letterman intersected. :aargh:

Last time time I saw Letterman it was around 2005, maybe? I'm about to go to sleep and last thing, very last thing on this motherfucker's show..

Out comes John Fogarty from nowhere and he absolutely bangs out this fast rocking song and nails it and I didn't get to sleep until like 3:40. Gave me a serious adrenaline charge.

New Topics

Forum List

Back