Woman says husband is king in her life

If one person in the relationship has total control, they are not equal. In terms of the relationship, one is greater and one is less.
Well the truth is, = only exists in mathematics. That's just life. Now when it comes to conducting a household, which is a microcosm of the "community" one hopes will out live them; there needs to be clear, decisive, and trusted leadership. At the end of the day; someone has to have the final say. If a woman, who biologically is disadvantaged (see pregnancy, small stature, Yada, Yada, not equal) cannot trust her husband to be clear, consice decisive, and trusted... She chose a poor mate.

Well the truth is, = only exists in mathematics. That's just life. Now when it comes to conducting a household, which is a microcosm of the "community" one hopes will out live them; there needs to be clear, decisive, and trusted leadership. At the end of the day; someone has to have the final say. If a woman, who biologically is disadvantaged (see pregnancy, small stature, Yada, Yada, not equal) cannot trust her husband to be clear, consice decisive, and trusted... She chose a poor mate.

I disagree that there must be a clear leader. Unless one of the people in the relationship chooses to be subservient, the leadership can be shared.

As for reasons why the woman is disadvantaged, I don't think small stature is an issue. Unless they are going to physically fight when they disagree, it is not an issue.

I disagree that there must be a clear leader. Unless one of the people in the relationship chooses to be subservient, the leadership can be shared.

As for reasons why the woman is disadvantaged, I don't think small stature is an issue. Unless they are going to physically fight when they disagree, it is not an issue.
Who is going downstairs first when something goes bump in the night..?

Who is going downstairs first when something goes bump in the night..?

Typically, the man. But that is not about the two people making decisions. If there is an intruder on a military base, who goes out to take care of it? The General or the Private?

If a couple's life is all about physical confrontations and fighting, it is not much of a relationship.

She makes some exaggerated claims here, like "if my husband says jump I will jump". But her underlying premise is a good one. She entered into the marriage freely and it's better to think of ways you can be serving your spouse vs. ways he is serving (or NOT serving) you. This serving mindset makes for a happy spouse. A happy spouse usually seeks to make you happy in return. And it becomes a good cycle. :)

Some people are submissive. They need someone to rule their lives.

I don't understand it, but I know they exist.

My wife and I are equal partners, we both like it that way.

Last edited:
well now that you ask....i am caregiver to a 4 yr old and 8 yr old both females...i am training them to be vocal...to be well read....to have manners...manners are free ..good manners are priceless...to be respectful...that their bodies are their bodies and no one can touch them....they dont have to hug or kiss anyone...including me...education is important...you cannot have too many books,,,books open other worlds and most importantly to fight....someone grabs you ...fight like hell go for the eyes...bite...kick and fight....not to be victims ...

Yup, pretty much how I am teaching my daughter.

buttercup i have to stop short of a fight club...but every now and then...hubby takes a beating for them to show what they can do...no eye gouging ..the 4 yr old is a hell of a biter

My girl had a wicked head butt that she had developed by 5 years old. My gosh that hurt!

Typically, the man. But that is not about the two people making decisions. If there is an intruder on a military base, who goes out to take care of it? The General or the Private?

If a couple's life is all about physical confrontations and fighting, it is not much of a relationship.
Is the General combat ready, and most physically fit for the fight? Of course not. And hopefully no ones relationship is centered around violent conflict. But no ignores that life also, contains that as an aspect. And when those moments come up, as you said... Typically it is the man (across every culture) that takes that risk, offers his life as forfeit if need be. That gives him the signet, and veto. And if his woman doesn't understand that basic biological principle, that man chose poorly...

Some people ate submissive. They need someone to rule their lives.

I don't understand it, but I know they exist.

My wife and I are equal partners, we both like it that way.

Yes, some want it that way. That is their choice. I have no issue with that.

Is the General combat ready, and most physically fit for the fight? Of course not. And hopefully no ones relationship is centered around violent conflict. But no ignores that life also, contains that as an aspect. And when those moments come up, as you said... Typically it is the man (across every culture) that takes that risk, offers his life as forfeit if need be. That gives him the signet, and veto. And if his woman doesn't understand that basic biological principle, that man chose poorly...

A marriage is about compromise. No one needs to have the veto, unless both have it. If they cannot discuss an issue and resolve it, they shouldn't be married.

Oh, and the woman gives birth to the children. By your logic, doesn't that give her the signet and veto on all things concerning the family?

My girl had a wicked head butt that she had developed by 5 years old. My gosh that hurt!

When my kids were little, I would get on my knees and we would "fight". It was all in fun. But my daughter wouldn't play. When she was around 3 years old (the boys were 4 & 6), we were wrestling. I invited her to play too. She backed up. Until I turned my back on her. She picked up a small Tonka dump truck and hit me in the back of the head with it. Then she dropped the truck and sauntered out of the room, as if to say "That is how you do it, boys". As soon as I was sure my brains weren't leaking out the back of my head, we had a talk. But right then I knew, she wasn't going to be anyone's punching bag.

So the husband is the most physically fit, and the wife (the General) sends him down to handle the intruder.

If this woman is being serious I applaud her. That’s pretty much the way my relationship with my wife works. I’m the Head of the Household but she is the Soul of the House. I take her views into account on many matters but I make the final decisions. I provide for and protect her, and the other four people in our household. My word is law. Don’t like it, there’s the door.

We renewed our vows to each other yesterday as we do every January 1st…

I vow to Lead, Protect, Provide for and Cherish her.

She vows to Support, Honor, Serve and Obey me.

A marriage is about compromise. No one needs to have the veto, unless both have it. If they cannot discuss an issue and resolve it, they shouldn't be married.

Oh, and the woman gives birth to the children. By your logic, doesn't that give her the signet and veto on all things concerning the family?
It gives her tremendous power, and authority. But when it comes to the group whole. Someone has to be trusted with the final say. And if they aren't trusted with it. Well... the marriage was likely always destined to fail. Which in today's time is virtually a wash anyhow. Men just aren't doing it...

It gives her tremendous power, and authority. But when it comes to the group whole. Someone has to be trusted with the final say. And if they aren't trusted with it. Well... the marriage was likely always destined to fail. Which in today's time is virtually a wash anyhow. Men just aren't doing it...

I have never had a decision in our households that could not be made by both. If the husband cannot compromise and accept that his wife is an equal partner, he doesn't deserve her.

Now, as I have said several times, if she chooses to be submissive or subservient, that is her choice. But the idea that she be trained to follow orders is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back