Woman says husband is king in her life

well now that you ask....i am caregiver to a 4 yr old and 8 yr old both females...i am training them to be vocal...to be well read....to have manners...manners are free ..good manners are priceless...to be respectful...that their bodies are their bodies and no one can touch them....they dont have to hug or kiss anyone...including me...education is important...you cannot have too many books,,,books open other worlds and most importantly to fight....someone grabs you ...fight like hell go for the eyes...bite...kick and fight....not to be victims ...

There's some very good advice there. I'm not big on fighting, but self-defense is important, of course.

What is the correct way a woman should train her daughter? Asking for a friend...

I think "train" is the wrong word. Raising a daughter to be subservient to a man is shortchanging the daughter. There is no way to "train" a daughter to be subservient without teaching her that she is less than the man.

I think "train" is the wrong word. Raising a daughter to be subservient to a man is shortchanging the daughter. There is no way to "train" a daughter to be subservient without teaching her that she is less than the man.

If the parents are in a healthy and happy marriage very little "training" is necessary. The daughter and sons get an object lesson in how to do it right, which is better than any direct teaching at any rate.

My mother gave me the best advice outside the Bible: "put your marriage first and your children will be better off for it." Man, is that the truth.

What you're saying is completely antithetical to everything the modern feminist/Leftist believes in. They won't merely disagree with you. They'll attack you for promoting such values.

if the woman chooses to treat her man like the king of the house, that is different than women being trained to act that way.

I work to spoil my sweetie. And she works to spoil me. It makes for a happy relationship. But if I ever tried to order her around? That wouldn't work at all.

Less than the man , how?

One of the hazards of asking a question on a public forum.
Eh, it happens in real life as well, when people insert themselves into other people's discussions. Attention seeking behavior. It's a sort of compulsion.

Eh, it happens in real life as well, when people insert themselves into other people's discussions. Attention seeking behavior. It's a sort of compulsion.

No. This is an open discussion. If you want a private conversation, try messaging them and see if they answer. I probably won't.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Yeah, I wondered that too. "Submitted" does not mean "subservient", at least in Christian marriage. I think the woman in the OP is Muslim and I can't speak to that.

She said that she does what he tells her to do. If he tells her to sit, she sits. If he tells her to jump, she jumps.

She said that she does what he tells her to do. If he tells her to sit, she sits. If he tells her to jump, she jumps.

Yeah, I can't speak to the particulars of marriage in Islam. It's quite likely she was exaggerating for effect. In Christian marriage, if the husband does this, he is not following Biblical teaching. It's disrespectful to the wife, and not honoring to her. The teaching for husbands is so serious that 1 Peter says not honoring your wife can hinder your prayers--as if God won't even listen to you pray if you don't honor your wife!

Forum List

Back