Wisconsin Supreme Court to Trump: Uh, No!

You understand that legal precedent is controlling in this situation, right?

The Supreme Court has subject-matter jurisdiction to review state court rulings when they touch on federal issues, or when they concern U.S. Constitutional rights.

To law school with you.

Yeah, you run with that rofl

1-41 court.jpg

So they haven't agreed to hear it, that's what I thought.

They have not.

But they might.

And then they'll come to the same conclusion as the PA SC.
The further we get from the requests with no action taken makes me think they won't be hearing the cases.
The further we get the more evidence.
Go ahead and click Mr Smiley.
You have no idea what you're talking about, that's why you get an abundance of laugh reactions.
From you and Toro.
It’s cool receiving advice from a guy who’s username is a gangster and almost 100% of your posts are either Smileys or “Orange Man Bad”.

They will because the States broke the Federal Laws regarding the Ballot dates.
There is no federal law on ballot dates.

The Supreme Court has subject-matter jurisdiction to review state court rulings when they touch on federal issues, or when they concern U.S. Constitutional rights.

To law school with you.
Few if any of these cases touch on federal issues or US constitutional rights.

Attempts to make these federal issues have failed spectacularly. Giuliani got slapped around by the trial judge in PA. Then he got slapped around at the appellate level a week ago and immediately said he’d appeal to SCOTUS.

He hasn’t.

Mark Kelly lost his appeal at the PA Supreme Court and has appealed to SCOTUS. The problem is the matter has zero to do with federal law. It has everything to do with whether a PA state law is against the PA constitution. You know who doesn’t decide whether a state law is against the state constitution?

Yes there is.
The ballot dates were changed last year by several states without consulting with the Federal authorities.

I realize CNN doesn’t mention this.
Cool. Post the federal statute you’re referring to.
I watched a non-CNN video and you didn’t.
I don’t save Links to edify Liberals who can’t be edified.
Ah. So you watched a video and you believe it was completely truthful?

Do you believe everything on the internet?
Not what’s on CNN or MSNBC.
I’ve been observing Washington since 2000 and I know lies when I see them.

To law school with you.

Attempts to make these federal issues have failed spectacularly. Giuliani got slapped around by the trial judge in PA. Then he got slapped around at the appellate level a week ago and immediately said he’d appeal to SCOTUS.

He hasn’t.

Mark Kelly lost his appeal at the PA Supreme Court and has appealed to SCOTUS. The problem is the matter has zero to do with federal law. It has everything to do with whether a PA state law is against the PA constitution. You know who doesn’t decide whether a state law is against the state constitution?
So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Yes there is.
The ballot dates were changed last year by several states without consulting with the Federal authorities.

I doubt it.
There is no such federal law which defines ballot deadlines. The constitution states that the manner of elections is up to the state. Different states have different deadlines.

To law school with you.

He hasn’t.

so I guess Bush v. Gore never happened then, correct?
:laughing0301:

See, this is why you need to go back to law school.

The United States Supreme Court reviews matters dealing with state laws all the fucking time, because they usually touch on federal issues, like the US motherfucking constitution, specifically in this case, the right to vote, and how we select presidents, senators, and representatives.

Perhaps you don't realize how much the 14th amendment and other precedent has changed our entire system.

You are a dumb fuck when it comes to law. You should shut the fuck up.

To law school with you.

He hasn’t.

So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
So far the show is Trump supporters getting bitch slapped by judges.

How are you enjoying it?

Yes there is.

I doubt it.
There is no such federal law which defines ballot deadlines. The constitution states that the manner of elections is up to the state. Different states have different deadlines.
Yes, but when state legislatures are not changing the deadlines or other rules regarding elections, and some other person/body had done it, that (among other things) is in violation of the US Constitution, and therefore a federal issue.

I don't have time to educate you.

Yes there is.

I doubt it.
Incorrect.

Yes there is.

I doubt it.
Yes, but when state legislatures are not changing the deadlines or other rules regarding elections, and some other person/body had done it, that (among other things) is in violation of the US Constitution, and therefore a federal issue.

You are causing Liberal Thought Strain.

Yes there is.

I doubt it.

Out of all the cases, SCOTUS had the best chance at picking this one up. They bailed on it before the election and in the month afterwards have given no indication they are the least bit interested in taking it up now.

Yes there is.

I doubt it.
Incorrect.
Am I? Then post the federal statute and prove me wrong.

Yes there is.

I doubt it.
Incorrect.
It’s probably worded in legalize that I have no desire to search for.
Now sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

The United States Supreme Court reviews matters dealing with state laws all the fucking time, because they usually touch on federal issues, like the US motherfucking constitution, specifically in this case, the right to vote, and how we select presidents, senators, and representatives.

As long as they follow the federal deadlines, they are otherwise free to hold elections as they see fit. Some states ONLY vote by mail. Some states start voting weeks before the deadline. And some states give mail-in ballots weeks to be returned by mail.

Election contests and protests can require what seem like endless recounts, but as long as they are settled before electors have to be certified, there is no federal issue.

State Constitutions: Freedom’s Frontier

Third, state courts have the final word on state constitutional interpretation. In other words, if you prevail on a state constitutional issue, the other side has no recourse to the U.S. Supreme Court, unless of course the state constitution itself violates the national Constitution.

To law school with you.

He hasn’t.

so I guess Bush v. Gore never happened then, correct?
:laughing0301:

See, this is why you need to go back to law school.

Perhaps you don't realize how much the 14th amendment and other precedent has changed our entire system.

You are a dumb fuck when it comes to law. You should shut the fuck up.
What happened in Bush v Gore? Let’s review because it doesn’t help you at all.

The Florida SC had a certified election result but ordered a manual recount of all counties in Florida. SCOTUS determined that the recount would not get results before the safe harbor provision at which time all legal disputes are to be settled. The safe harbor law is federal which makes it a federal issue.

The safe harbor date is Tuesday, by the way. So going by Bush v Gore (which also isn’t precedent) you guys have four days to do something.

Yes there is.

I doubt it.
Incorrect.
It’s probably worded in legalize that I have no desire to search for.
Now sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
I admire the confidence but don’t like the lack of commitment.

Trump is on a losing streak.

You wish.
Huh?

What is he...1 for 40...and that 1 was allowing poll watchers to stand closer?

winning....sheesh

Give it up.

Loss after loss and his cultists get crazier and crazier

After watching them defend four long years of Rump incompetence, cruelty, and corruption, It is just a little bit fun to watch them squirm - Isn't it? :)

Forum List

Back