Will the RCC appoint a Black Pope to totally "transform" (destroy) the franchise?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
"The cardinal (Peter Turkson) who could become the first black pope said Tuesday that the Roman Catholic Church faces grave challenges in remaining relevant in the modern world even as he laid out a conservative vision of how to deal with society's "alternative lifestyles".

Pope resigns: Peter Turkson reveals vision for the Church and 'alternative lifestyles' - Telegraph

I grew up Roman Catholic and its apparent that Turkson wants to transform the RCC as badly as Obama wants to transform the USA. He seems genuinely at odds with the beliefs, doctrine and practices of the Church and rather than find a Church more to his liking he wants to transform the Vatican.

May it end very badly for him

It's like a Lubavitcher saying, "So whats wrong with an occasional egg McMuffin? American cheese and Canadian bacon, a real international treat!"

"The cardinal (Peter Turkson) who could become the first black pope said Tuesday that the Roman Catholic Church faces grave challenges in remaining relevant in the modern world even as he laid out a conservative vision of how to deal with society's "alternative lifestyles".

Pope resigns: Peter Turkson reveals vision for the Church and 'alternative lifestyles' - Telegraph

I grew up Roman Catholic and its apparent that Turkson wants to transform the RCC as badly as Obama wants to transform the USA. He seems genuinely at odds with the beliefs, doctrine and practices of the Church and rather than find a Church more to his liking he wants to transform the Vatican.

You apparently didn't read the article or else you knee jerked on his skin color. He sounds pretty conservative.

Why did you EVEN mention his skin color, Frances?

yeah, why is his color mentioned in the thread title 57? :eusa_eh: Besides, the only people who go to services in significant numbers anymore are in 3rd world countries anyway. Why further alienate them by putting ANOTHER white guy in there?

You apparently didn't read the article or else you knee jerked on his skin color. He sounds pretty conservative.

Why did you EVEN mention his skin color, Frances?

For some, high levels of melanin = bad.

Sad to say.

RCC is a fraud to begin with, complaining about the way they operate is too too funny.

Last survey I saw said something like 70% of Catholics live in developing countries, and while Catholicism is growing in places like the Congo, its on the decline in the western world. So, if you don't like the idea of a black, or Latino Pope, I'd suggest you convert now, because its bound to happen soon, maybe not this time around but not far off either.

How soon after he's elected will we starts seeing reports that he's the Anti-Christ? :cool:

Appointing a black pope will not "destroy" the church. However, I doubt he will be appointed anyway, its looking like they will go with an Italian next.

Sorry, honey, it;s not his blackness, but his bizzarro ideas on RCC thats the issue

Appointing a black pope will not "destroy" the church. However, I doubt he will be appointed anyway, its looking like they will go with an Italian next.

Sorry, honey, it;s not his blackness, but his bizzarro ideas on RCC thats the issue

The Catholic Church has changed quite a bit over the past 2,000 years. I fail to see why anything this guy would allegedly propose would be any more damaging than plenty of the things they've done in the past.

I agree with you on that. The last thing we need is a Pope who has all but declared war with Islam.

I agree with you on that. The last thing we need is a Pope who has all but declared war with Islam.

Yeah, it worked out so well the last few times it happened.

Forum List

Back