Zone1 If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in response?

If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now should we feel the same way about being robbed by white collar theft? Because white collar theft takes far more money than street robberies.
Saying that white collar criminals get off too easy (which is true) has nothing to do with street mugging or hold-ups.

Muggers are scum.

They aren’t Jean Valjean, getting arrested for stealing bread for his starving family. They’re scum preying on the vulnerable out of sheer greed. They are not starving. They are not stealing out of “need”

Saying that white collar criminals get off too easy (which is true) has nothing to do with street mugging or hold-ups.

Muggers are scum.

They aren’t Jean Valjean, getting arrested for stealing bread for his starving family. They’re scum preying on the vulnerable out of sheer greed. They are not starving. They are not stealing out of “need”
IMO, both types are muggers. But that's not the topic here so I understand.

I agree in principal, but if they found out you shot the mugger in the back you could get in trouble with the law
I'm old, so I don't have a lot of time left anyway.

There's nothing worse than an old person who really doesn't give a shit.

The authorities are letting the criminals run free. So be it. If forced to defend yourself, don't talk to anybody. Just walk away.

Odds are no one will investigate.

I agree in principal, but if they found out you shot the mugger in the back you could get in trouble with the law
Just tell them you blanked out from fear, then piss yourself so the cop will testify how he had to clean his car for hours from your fear at your trial.

That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
Of course you do.
Common Law allows for the use of any proportional defense when your life is threatened.

You can't, for example, fire 30 shots from your extended clip Glock and kill 4 innocent bystanders in the process.

But

If you travel without the gun your life will be in less danger.

but they would first have to put a gun on you or a knife and then demand your money.

All though you bring up another point if you see somebody get robbed at knife or gunpoint and the robber is running away, does somebody have a right to shoot them morally speaking?
When they're running away it is not self defense.

The Common Law allows a bystander to use deadly force in defense of others. But the caveat applies if that guy is running away.

Yes good point

That reminds me of the situation I saw on video where a robber came into a restaurant and demanded at gunpoint that everybody empty their wallets… they did so but as the robber went to leave the store he was shot from behind by a customer…It turned out the robber had a fake gun.

Should the shooter face legal repercussions?

Even though the robber had a fake gun, nobody would’ve known that. Frankly, I think if somebody with a weapon goes into a store or restaurant you name it and demands money, they shd expect they might die doing so in the process.
Yes.
The robber was leaving
Whether his gun was real or not the act was not in self defense or in defense of others.

I'm old, so I don't have a lot of time left anyway.

There's nothing worse than an old person who really doesn't give a shit.

The authorities are letting the criminals run free. So be it. If forced to defend yourself, don't talk to anybody. Just walk away.

Odds are no one will investigate.
Oh, yes there is...
Just ask anyone sitting next to Trump in court.

1715514613712.gif

And for those of you lacking any sense of humor
This is called a joke.
The setup is bolded
My response is the punchline.

So for those of you needing to defend Trump's courtroom ASS-FAULTS...
GFY

Something for which folks like you have zero respect.

THE LAW
You assholes wipe your ass with the law. You have no respect for it. You ignore it when it makes your goals impossible to reach.

That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
A number of questions.

1) Has that happened to you?

2) Does a mugger give you warning or time to react?

3) If you're stood there with a gun or knife pointing at you, do you have the reaction time to get your gun out before he/she stabs or shoots you?

Just trying to inject some reality into the thread.

A number of questions.

1) Has that happened to you?

2) Does a mugger give you warning or time to react?

3) If you're stood there with a gun or knife pointing at you, do you have the reaction time to get your gun out before he/she stabs or shoots you?

Just trying to inject some reality into the thread.
1. Yes. Phillipines. Knife

2. In that case yes. Had time. He backed down when I said leave or die. He wasnt intimidating. Small guy.

3. Knife yes. Gun No. Depends whether its Bruce Lee type or a midget on the knife.

1. Yes. Phillipines. Knife

2. In that case yes. Had time. He backed down when I said leave or die. He wasnt intimidating. Small guy.

3. Knife yes. Gun No. Depends whether its Bruce Lee type or a midget on the knife.
If he backed down, wasn't intimidating etc.. then why do you want shoot him?

Bad guys shoot people.

If he backed down, wasn't intimidating etc.. then why do you want shoot him?

Bad guys shoot people.
Because he will attack someone else, who isn't prepared, and possibly murder them for sport.

Bad guys do bad things.

Until they can't.

Once they have crossed the Rubicon of violence against another, they are no longer members of society. They are a disease.

Treat them as such.

How many people does a rabid dog get to bite before you put it down?

Forum List

Back