Zone1 If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in response?

If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he backed down, wasn't intimidating etc.. then why do you want shoot him?

Bad guys shoot people.
I didnt shoot him. Only dang thing I had was a San Muguel beer in my hand.

But Beer bottle was about to be a head piece on that guy for pulling a damn knife on me.

I didnt shoot him. Only dang thing I had was a San Muguel beer in my hand.

But Beer bottle was about to be a head piece on that guy for pulling a damn knife in me.
The thing is, the gun is in a secure cabinet bolted to a wall in your house, with the ammo in a separate locked cabinet.

So the poll really is, "Do you want folk to wander around public places with loaded guns?".

The thing is, the gun is in a secure cabinet bolted to a wall in your house, with the ammo in a separate locked cabinet.

So the poll really is, "Do you want folk to wander around public places with loaded guns?".
Conceal carry is legal in most states, and Law Abiding citizens have every right to do so.

I do not fear law abiding citizens.

Criminals dont give a ratz ass about your views on carrying them. They will steal and kill your butt for $20 in some places.

Thats just reality. If it happens....then SHIT HAPPENS

GUMP

You assholes wipe your ass with the law. You have no respect for it. You ignore it when it makes your goals impossible to reach.
Did your big bad DADO upset ums wid dem nasty ole fax?

Awwwww

1715532339213.gif

1715532361488.gif

By the way, such crimes are unheard of in the United Arab Emirates or Japan. Why is it that people those countries don’t pull out knives on people and demand money. Why does it happen in the USA.?
Because in the USA, some people thing they are ENTITLED to do these things, because they have been brainwashed into thinking they are oppressed.

Last edited:
In todays clown world, if you harm any non-white, you are guilty of a hate crime unless you kill a white.

If people were allowed to defend themselves against non-white ( Democrats), the word would spread to the 3rd world and there would be fewer of Bidens "Newcomers" heading here; we certainly cant have that now can we.

Turn your head when a newcomer commits a crime.

Bidens Newcomers would go to countries that are disarmed such as the UK, Canada.

Remember the Newcomer that assaulted the cop in NYC recently ??? The perp was released without bail.
Newcomers are being utilized to deconstruct our middle class as well as provide cheap labor while American kids worry about safe spaces, being triggered and police brutality; think Agenda 2030

That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
When threatened with a lethal weapon, you have no way to know for certain the intentions of the threatening person. There have been too many cases where the victim was stabbed/shot anyway even after turning over what was demanded.

So yes, I might be inclined to shoot them and ask questions later.

However, I often try to also carry pepper spray for progressive escalation, so if I judge that option viable, I might spray before shooting.

Nominally, once threaten with a knife or firearm and your life at risk, you SHOULD have a right to defend yourself and use counter force. However some jurisdictions give rights to the criminal not the victim so know your local laws in regard to this.

That’s the situation you’re walking down the street and somebody approaches you and pulls out a knife or gun and attempts to rob you saying “give me what you have”. Do you then have a right to shoot that person?
I understand your reasoning but also believe perhaps you should have offered a third option such as "It depends".

Under your scenario as outlined, yes each person has the right to defend themselves from what they perceive as an imminent threat of grievous bodily harm and/or death. The threat that they would be defending themselves from is the weapon, knife or gun that the robber presents in order to coerce their compliance.

It is unlawful however to retrieve your own weapon and shoot them after the fact because you're angry or don't want them to get away. I didn't make the laws, I'm just relaying what I've been taught. But as I understand it, in the state of Texas, especially if it's after dark, you may have a little more leeway way in shooting, if the person came onto your property and was attempting to abscond.

Forum List

Back