Will the Catholic Church Crash And Burn?

I love it how the lefties jump all over the Pope like he's a rock star when he feeds their own stupid beliefs. But when he affirms priestly celebacy and bans on birth control he's out of touch.

And you'd have us believe that is not the way you act towards people that you agree with on some issues and disagree with on others?

lol
Fuck off, asshole.

Calm down, grandpa. Don't want your meltdown to pop your white belt and let your plaid pants fall down.

I'm not a Christian, moron. So I really dont care.
I do care that the head of the largest Christian church in the world is making kissy-kissy with murderous thugs.

With a name like "The Rabbi" you'd think even a dumber than fucking dirt dimocrap would figure...... Aww, shit. What's the point :dunno:

Anyway, Violets are red, roses are bluish, if it wasn't for Jesus........ :)

Whatever

So you are a defiant hypocrite too who does not have the capacity for self examination? We all knew that already.
You are a flaming leftist douchebag without the ability to read and comprehend.
So tell us, Mr. expert theologist, what Jesus actually meant by his figurative attack on religious hypocrisy if he didn't say that we should examine our own faults before pointing them out in others.
I do care that the head of the largest Christian church in the world is making kissy-kissy with murderous thugs.
Ok then since you are not a Christian and are ignorant of Christian theology then I will give you a pass. I on the other hand have studied the bible extensively and can tell you clearly that the Pope is following the mandate of his office and faith and doing much to refresh the image of the church he leads.
Which part of the Christian Bible advocates coddling murderers and terrorists?

The part about loving your enemy.

You've done an excellent job of pointing out a distinction without a difference.

"Religion provides the basic rules of human civilization. without those rules, and the laws that come from them, humanity would be in chaos."

that's what the other poster said.

Heresy was against the 'rules' too, and people were executed for it.

What, again, is the fascination with letting religion rule?

You arguments are all circular. Is it because they come out of your circular-shaped asshole?

You don't discuss, you people don't participate in the exchange of ideas. You act like fucking juvenile delinquents.

Nobody said anything about letting religion 'rule', you dishonest fuck

With a name like "The Rabbi" you'd think even a dumber than fucking dirt dimocrap would figure...... Aww, shit. What's the point :dunno:

Anyway, Violets are red, roses are bluish, if it wasn't for Jesus........ :)

Whatever

So he's a Rabbi?

So you are a defiant hypocrite too who does not have the capacity for self examination? We all knew that already.
So tell us, Mr. expert theologist, what Jesus actually meant by his figurative attack on religious hypocrisy if he didn't say that we should examine our own faults before pointing them out in others.
Ok then since you are not a Christian and are ignorant of Christian theology then I will give you a pass. I on the other hand have studied the bible extensively and can tell you clearly that the Pope is following the mandate of his office and faith and doing much to refresh the image of the church he leads.
The part where Jesus urged us to forgive our enemies:

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:17-21

You've done an excellent job of pointing out a distinction without a difference.

"Religion provides the basic rules of human civilization. without those rules, and the laws that come from them, humanity would be in chaos."

You arguments are all circular. Is it because they come out of your circular-shaped asshole?

You don't discuss, you people don't participate in the exchange of ideas. You act like fucking juvenile delinquents.

Nobody said anything about letting religion, you dishonest fuck
Oh dear....you sound upset. Whatever for?

Nobody said anything about letting religion, you dishonest fuck

How is that NOT a call for humanity to be ruled by religion?

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Jesus, in the entire New Testament up to his Crucifixion, was talking exclusively to Jews. Nobody else. Jews. That's it.

Jews back then wanted a Fighting Messiah to come and wage War against the Romans and kick their asses.

Jesus told them that just wasn't going to happen and that they needed to pursue peaceful ways.

Good idea. Taking on the Roman Army wouldn't have been real smart back then.

But you're stupid, so you wouldn't know that.

AFTER Jesus was Resurrected, he began to speak to ALL of humanity to an extent.

Before then.... He was speaking ONLY to Jews and ONLY to Israelites

moron

Do the Church would have been right in cozying up to the Nazis even more than they did?
And Pope John Paul II was wrong for opposing the communists in his native Poland?
I think you know about as much about Christian theology as you do about economics or anything else you post about here.

Jesus, in the entire New Testament up to his Crucifixion, was talking exclusively to Jews. Nobody else. Jews. That's it.

Jews back then wanted a Fighting Messiah to come and wage War against the Romans and kick their asses.

Jesus told them that just wasn't going to happen and that they needed to pursue peaceful ways.

moron
Actually the passage quoted was by St. Paul in his letter to the Christian church of Rome and was not actually from Jesus himself to the Israelites but a policy statement to all Gentiles who wish to follow Christ.

Do the Church would have been right in cozying up to the Nazis even more than they did?
And Pope John Paul II was wrong for opposing the communists in his native Poland?
I think you know about as much about Christian theology as you do about economics or anything else you post about here.
I know more than you apparently. You asked where the christian bible urged one to be kind to people you want to kill and I quoted chapter and verse. If you disagree with the philosophy that's your choice but the pope has to follow it and I applaud him for having the courage to do so rather than bowing to political pressure.

moron
Lovely excuse interpretation you've got there. Gives quite an out to anyone not Jewish, doesn't it?

moron
Lovely excuse interpretation you've got there. Gives quite an out to anyone not Jewish, doesn't it?
If he knew anything about the bible he would not have said what he did, the books that follow the gospels make it clear that the words of Jesus were for the entire world.

I know more than you apparently. You asked where the christian bible urged one to be kind to people you want to kill and I quoted chapter and verse. If you disagree with the philosophy that's your choice but the pope has to follow it and I applaud him for having the courage to do so rather than bowing to political pressure.
You're avoiding the question:
Was Pope JPII wrong for opposing the communists?
You know substantially less than most people on this board. That's some kind of accomplishment, btw.

"The Catholic Church has always been about tithing and charity and redistribution of wealth from the fortunate to the unfortunate. What planet have you been living on all your life?"

So, this is a different institution from the Roman Catholic Church? That one has certainly been about many other things.

[/QUOTE]
You're avoiding the question:
Was Pope JPII wrong for opposing the communists?
You know substantially less than most people on this board. That's some kind of accomplishment, btw.[/QUOTE]

On that, opposing the regime in Poland at the time, he was certainly right.
Interesting how a person and institution can be so right about one thing and so wrong about almost everything else.

Forum List

Back