Will Obama Use Ebola Threat To Impose Martial Law?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
He's calling up the troops, what are they going to shoot the infected?

What's the point, Barry?

Will Obama use Ebola threat to impose Martial Law in the USA?

For your own good

Martial law is in the mail. Just like it was during the tail end of the previous administration. Everybody panic!

"If the outbreak is not stopped now, we could be looking at hundreds of thousands of people affected, with profound economic, political and security implications for all of us..."It's a potential threat to global security..." -- Obama

Martial law is in the mail. Just like it was during the tail end of the previous administration. Everybody panic!

Man.....why do conservatives have to always bring Booooooosh into every thread? Geeeez!

Are you being factious? I am not sure. I am a new kid here. I am a left leaning libertarian.

Will Obama Use Ebola Threat To Impose Martial Law?

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

It also exhibits the ignorance of the OP and others on the right who agree with him. 'Martial law' can only be imposed in specific jurisdictions where actual war is taking place and the courts have ceased to function (see: Ex parte Milligan (1866)).

Their is a war, a civil war. That Obama has not openly declared hostilities does not dismiss the fact that liberals are at war with Liberty.

Shaddap

The quicker the loons die off the quicker sane ppl will take over leadership of the country

Obama orders 3 000 American troops into West Africa to fight Ebola - NY Daily News

WASHINGTON — Calling Ebola a “global threat,” President Obama on Tuesday ordered 3,000 military personnel into the epicenter of the outbreak in West Africa but said the chances of it spreading to the U.S. were “extremely low.”

He announced that the U.S. will help the governments and health care systems in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea by training thousands of health care workers and building treatment centers.

“If the outbreak is not stopped now, we could be looking at hundreds of thousands of people affected, with profound economic, political and security implications for all of us,” Obama said Tuesday.

“This is a global threat, and demands a truly global response.”

3,000 military personnel into the epicenter...........Logistics support only.....They will not be treating patients there.............

Ummmmmm......They could come into contact with PEOPLE THERE............which might be carrying the virus........

Isn't this a quaranteen zone...............There is a risk of infection being in the neighborhood with the virus.........

Use the CDC and etc...........if you want the military there then make sure they only fly stuff into a safe zone or something.......

Is this the plan, or or we risking our military to possible exposure...................

Ebola Outbreak Threatens War-Torn Liberia s Existence Minister Says

he epidemic reveals the nation's "persistent and profound institutional weaknesses"

The Ebola virus is “spreading like wildfire and devouring everything in its path,” Liberia’s Defense Minister Brownie Samukai told the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday, adding that the outbreak poses a “serious threat” to the war-torn nation’s very existence.

Samukai’s words were echoedby the U.N. Secretary-General’s special representative Karin Landgren, who said Liberia is facing its gravest threat since its decade-long civil war ended in 2003. She deemed the outbreak a “latter-day plague” and its spread “merciless.”

Liberia is worst hit among the nations affected by the current Ebola epidemic with at least 1,200 recorded deaths. Over the past three weeks, the country has experienced a 68% bump in infections and the World Health Organization estimates the surge will continue to accelerate in coming weeks.

There is a severe lack of hospital beds, and suspected victims of Ebola are reportedly turned back to their communities or left waiting outside medical facilities, aggravating the risk of further contagion.

With much state apparatus still in tatters after its devastating civil conflict, Liberia is especially ill prepared to deal with a crisis of this unprecedented scale. At least 160 health workers have been infected with the virus and 79 have died, in a nation that counted a paltry single doctor per 100,000 inhabitants at its onset. Landgren pointed out that the challenge also goes beyond the medical response.

Man.....why do conservatives have to always bring Booooooosh into every thread? Geeeez!

Are you being factious? I am not sure. I am a new kid here. I am a left leaning libertarian.

Yeah? I guess I jumped the gun.
No worries mate. I am new here and ya'll don't know me yet. Cheers!

I'm not going into this Martial Law thing......This is a deadly virus. It is spreading and we are sending our people right into the area..........

We are risking exposure to our troops by sending them there............This is a CDC matter and World Health Org matter to try and stop the spread. They are trained to do this............

If we are only dropping supplies in CLEAR SAFE ZONES then my hair doesn't stand up as much on the potential exposure to our troops.

Seems counterintuitive if you only think shallow level/on the surface.

Forum List

Back