Will Johnson and the Libertarian Party Make the Presidential Debates?

He absolutely deserves a place. Unfortunately you're prolly right about the Duopoly and their sham Presidential Election Collusion Commission will rig it so that any inconvenient questions that make them both squirm will be locked out. That's the whole point of the Collusion Commission --- to monopolize (duopolize) the entire discourse.

If mass commercial media had any integrity and wasn't entirely in bed with the Same Old Thing it would say "fuck you Collusion Commission, we'll invite whoever we want to invite, go and boil your bottoms". We should be out in the streets about this. Should have been long ago.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I believe the threshold is 15% but that should not matter and I believe the debates should have The Green Candidate, The Libertarian Candidate, The Demoncratic Candidate and The Grand Old Pussy Candidate but The Demoncratic and The Grand Old Pussy Candidates will never allow this to happen...

Also before someone correct I know how to spell Democratic and Grand Old Party...

Neither major political party want to allow a third party candidate on the debate stage because it might welcome new ideas and a real alternative to the two party system.

Now the diehard two party system voter will explain to me how the two party system has never failed us and Trump is going to change the GOP from within while in reality is the buyer now wanting to run the show and cut out the middle man in all this...

So to answer your question after my long winded worthless satire, no he will not make the debates unless the American Public demands it and even then I doubt he will...

Johnson polled 12% in the latest poll and he seems to be pulling evenly from Trump and Hillary.

I think 10% was the threshold to be in t he Presidential debates, but will the two parties simply raise it higher to spite the Libertarians?

I think they deserve a place on the podium.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson

I think he would be a distraction whose only purpose would be to undermine the GOP candidate. It would also dilute the substance of the questions asked of the candidates, such as happened in the early GOP debates.

Johnson polled 12% in the latest poll and he seems to be pulling evenly from Trump and Hillary.

I think 10% was the threshold to be in t he Presidential debates, but will the two parties simply raise it higher to spite the Libertarians?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson
you mean the guy who if i vote for according to some here will be a wasted vote?.....OR according to bobo i will be helping trump win and according to some on the right i will be helping clinton win....or according to the slack jawed moron if i vote 3rd party i am an ignorant coward....is that the guy you are talking about?....

He won't be involved since he could likely make fools of both of them. Admittedly not a very difficult task. The only thing Democrats and Republicans can agree upon is that they don't like being made fun of by people on the onside.

He won't be involved since he could likely make fools of both of them. Admittedly not a very difficult task. The only thing Democrats and Republicans can agree upon is that they don't like being made fun of by people on the onside.
I think you under estimate Hillary and Trump. Hillary is a great debater in the classic rhetorical style, while Trump can hang witht he rest of them using a populist style honed from 12 years of Reality TV.

Johnson is a sharp guy and he is not a radical libertarian, thank God.

I think it would be a damned good series of debates, wish it would ahppen.

you mean the guy who if i vote for according to some here will be a wasted vote?.....OR according to bobo i will be helping trump win and according to some on the right i will be helping clinton win....or according to the slack jawed moron if i vote 3rd party i am an ignorant coward....is that the guy you are talking about?....

He should debate the other Libertarian candidate.

None of the above.

I think you under estimate Hillary and Trump. Hillary is a great debater in the classic rhetorical style, while Trump can hang witht he rest of them using a populist style honed from 12 years of Reality TV.

I think we can all agree that underestimating either Trump or Hillary is folly and those have done so have been made foolish this election. Johnson has nothing to lose and that makes far more dangerous than either of them. I would welcome such a debate either way.

I think we can all agree that underestimating either Trump or Hillary is folly and those have done so have been made foolish this election. Johnson has nothing to lose and that makes far more dangerous than either of them. I would welcome such a debate either way.
Yeah. I'd like to see it because I would love to show the American people that there are people and views outside this ridiculous, tribal left/right paradigm.

It could be a first tiny step in breaking the stranglehold the two "major" parties have on the process.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Yeah. I'd like to see it because I would love to show the American people that there are people and views outside this ridiculous, tribal left/right paradigm.

It could be a first tiny step in breaking the stranglehold the two "major" parties have on the process.

From your lips to God's ears.

Only if the DNC and the GOP have no say in the matter.
The DNC and RNC own the Presidential debates now, Winterborn, do they not?

They certainly THINK they do.. Standing rules WERE that 15% in significant polls gets you in. BUT -- both parties signed a recent memo that their candidates WOULD NOT DEBATE with 3rd party candidates. So no one knows.

Chicken-ass power whores. Can you imagine the 2 meglomaniacs tearing each other's eyes out like a bunch of monkeys fighting over a berry? And Gary Johnson is the ONLY participant to talk policy and issues?

What it SHOULD be is --- any party that qualifies for the ballot in enough states to win 270 electoral votes. Trust me. That is a MONUMENTAL challenge. Or Independents that poll a certain amount.

Libertarian Party is working its ass off right now just to collect MILLIONS of signatures to be on all 50 ballots. We WILL do that. And will be spending MORE money fighting court challenges to our petitions. Kinda wears you out before you even get out of "Park"..

Then there's outright bastards such as Kasich who over-stepped his governor's power to PERSONALLY see to it that a Libertarian challenger did not run against him in his last election..

In the past few months -- we've had 2 GOP State Legislators convert to the Lib Party. Even the politicians are getting tired of the man-handling and hokey party games.

As long as Trump doesn't start talking about the size of anyones hands, I'd love to see the debate.

Forum List

Back