Why would a God even need a hell?

There are so many denominations because until Jesus returns and clears it all up, the best anyone could do is guess.

Hey, they may have it all screwed up but at least they tried.
IMHO, the reason they are screwing up is because they are looking at religion as an end to itself and not simply a tool to a greater understanding of God.

I don't think so. In spite of the bad publicity about the corruption and many perverts in the churches there are many who are sincere and dedicated to a greater understanding and communion with God. They have just been diverted by archaic superstitious lore and are trapped.

One a person loses the ability to be rational how can they perceive the only rational course to take that will restore them to a right mind?
Thanks, but it's those who are being diverted to whom I was referring. Obviously many people "get" the spiritual side of religion.

There are so many denominations because until Jesus returns and clears it all up, the best anyone could do is guess.

IMHO, the reason they are screwing up is because they are looking at religion as an end to itself and not simply a tool to a greater understanding of God.

I don't think so. In spite of the bad publicity about the corruption and many perverts in the churches there are many who are sincere and dedicated to a greater understanding and communion with God. They have just been diverted by archaic superstitious lore and are trapped.

One a person loses the ability to be rational how can they perceive the only rational course to take that will restore them to a right mind?
Thanks, but it's those who are being diverted to whom I was referring. Obviously many people "get" the spiritual side of religion.

If anyone "got" the spiritual side of religion they would never need to go to any church, ever, where the diverting is taking place and captivity is being perpetuated.

Now, just why would a God need a hell? I can use the bible to show he does not, and I will later. But for now lets reason together, were discussing " The Needs of a God." I would state that God " Needs Jesus", and believe that to be correct. Now, after stating that, from that point, in my view, it becomes difficult to nail down the needs of God. I would say he needs himself. I would say he needs the 24 elders on his throne. I would even go out on a limb and state he needs his angels, but the air on his needs is getting seriously thin from these points, and he may not even need his angels, I can only speculate on that.

But does he need this religious place called hell?

I would argue, no!

I would argue, no!

Its not an imaginary religious place. Its a very real state of mind marked by absence of everything good.

What would you call the state of mind where a grown person can't tell the difference between God and a cookie?

Again allow me another point; in my view, it makes absolutely no intelligent sense for God to keep something around for eternity, that he does not like. Think about that; reason with me. If you had the power, would you keep things around that you don't like?

Now I am NOT saying that he will, but IF God wanted to, he could simply " Will things out of existence", anything! He calls himself the beginning and the end of life! We have to keep this in the possible picture, although I myself believe the destiny of all humans is to be with God, I think all demons may well face being eliminated by God once he is finished with them and their purpose.

I would argue, no!

Its not an imaginary religious place. Its a very real state of mind marked by absence of everything good.

What would you call the state of mind where a grown person can't tell the difference between God and a cookie?

I agree that their hell is a real state of mind, but I disagree that it is not an imaginary place; it is an imagined place, pulled from the bible and distorted, and pulled from mythology and magnified. Its confusion, which is what I would call a person not knowing the difference between God and a cookie; serious confusion. This Christian hell is a serious mistranslation, pulled from the grave in the bible, and morphed into an eternal place of punishing. Its a giant stumbling block placed into humanity like a Trojan horse designed to attack the human believer from within their consciousness. To cripple their belief system and alter the salvation plans of God himself.

I would argue, no!

I agree that their hell is a real state of mind, but I disagree that it is not an imaginary place; it is an imagined place, pulled from the bible and distorted, and pulled from mythology and magnified. Its confusion, which is what I would call a person not knowing the difference between God and a cookie; serious confusion. This Christian hell is a serious mistranslation, pulled from the grave in the bible, and morphed into an eternal place of punishing. Its a giant stumbling block placed into humanity like a Trojan horse designed to attack the human believer from within their consciousness. To cripple their belief system and alter the salvation plans of God himself.

Yes, I see the distinction between what hell actually represents and the garbage some people believe about eternal torment in sulfurous flames which really does cripple the mind..

Because he loved enough to give the gift of freewill. He didn't want robots following a scripted life. .
Do you not see the irony in that?
How is free will 2 choices?
1. do what he says
2. spend eternity damned in a pit of fire
But it is a choice, just as we chose to sin in the first place. Personally, if I'm about to go over Niagra Falls and someone throws me a rope, I'm not going to ignore it because I want a boat sent out instead.

Because he loved enough to give the gift of freewill. He didn't want robots following a scripted life. .
1. do what he says
But it is a choice, just as we chose to sin in the first place. Personally, if I'm about to go over Niagra Falls and someone throws me a rope, I'm not going to ignore it because I want a boat sent out instead.

I disagree, its not just a choice, its a " Drawing", its a calling that changes the unbelievers whole position. It would be stupid for God to let any of his children choose to go over the falls , when he could still save them. Now I know many believers here keep pushing this limited view of the calling of God and the salvation of unbelievers; its their thing to do that. But again Jesus in John 12:32, " If I be lifted up, I will DRAW ALL men to me." Now, this includes EVERYONE, especially those who choose to go over the falls.

The term " Draw" here is taken from the Greek word " Helkuo", which means to " Drag!" So the people that many believers are condemning, will be Dragged away from the condemnation of these believers in God.

1. do what he says

I disagree, its not just a choice, its a " Drawing", its a calling that changes the unbelievers whole position. It would be stupid for God to let any of his children choose to go over the falls , when he could still save them. Now I know many believers here keep pushing this limited view of the calling of God and the salvation of unbelievers; its their thing to do that. But again Jesus in John 12:32, " If I be lifted up, I will DRAW ALL men to me." Now, this includes EVERYONE, especially those who choose to go over the falls.

The term " Draw" here is taken from the Greek word " Helkuo", which means to " Drag!" So the people that many believers are condemning, will be Dragged away from the condemnation of these believers in God.
Down that road lies the "it doesn't matter how I live my life and if I totally reject all of God's love and mercy" failure.

[QUOTE="hadit, post:
Down that road lies the "it doesn't matter how I live my life and if I totally reject all of God's love and mercy" failure.[/QUOTE]

Well in my view, it really does not matter; our salvation, or human salvation is not based on how we live, its an inheritance; its a gift from God; its really a miracle, but that's just how God really is, he is NOT like religion has portrayed him; he will have us ALL saved, period! Notice Rev. 22:11, " He that is unjust, let him remain that way, he which is filthy, let him be that way still, and he that is righteous, let them remain that way, and those who are holy, let them be holy still." In other words, it does not matter, our salvation is a done deal. The Christian hell is illrelevant.

The Aramic writings are far more clear that the "Royalty approved" versions one and two.
The bad news it that Granny is NOT in a better place, nor is she with Jesus. The guy that killed her isn't in Hell. These haven't been built yet.Even the two dirtbags strung up with JC aren't "with him"
Punctuation is a terrible thing !

Hell is very real. Hell exists. Get over it. Hell is the grave. The cemeteries of the world are full of hells. Now, the Lake of Fire spoken of within the Bible was prepared for the Devil and the false prophet. The folks in England during the last century, placed their apples in hell for keeping through the winter months. Hell is a pit or hole in the ground. No one has faced a judgment yet therefore no one id being punished in some fiery place of torture. Christ is the judge of both the quick and the dead. He is a fair and just judge and would never send anyone to a place of punishment without the due process of a fair trial.

Yes, the Universe is vast and makes a very big playground, but the human race can be taken out by a rock or ourselves. Unlike some of our ancestors believed, I don't believe we're the center of the Universe nor God's only creation.

According to the spirit guides I have listened too we incarnate hundreds of times in a cycle of spiritual evolution, and we do so on many different planets though out the universe. We do this because as we evolve we need different experiences and go to planets that are more advanced.

It would be remiss of God to put all his eggs in one basket. Or all his children on one planet that can easily be destroyed. So the possibility that we can continue our evolution on other planets makes sense.

Yes, the Universe is vast and makes a very big playground, but the human race can be taken out by a rock or ourselves. Unlike some of our ancestors believed, I don't believe we're the center of the Universe nor God's only creation.

According to the spirit guides I have listened too we incarnate hundreds of times in a cycle of spiritual evolution, and we do so on many different planets though out the universe. We do this because as we evolve we need different experiences and go to planets that are more advanced.

It would be remiss of God to put all his eggs in one basket. Or all his children on one planet that can easily be destroyed. So the possibility that we can continue our evolution on other planets makes sense.

So is that the theory of the good die young, so the young kids that die of cancer have passed the tests and moved on to a better place, and were only here to teach us? So we do not remember our pass life's but its tucked away in our subconscious? Is this what your saying?

Hell is very real. Hell exists. Get over it. Hell is the grave. The cemeteries of the world are full of hells. Now, the Lake of Fire spoken of within the Bible was prepared for the Devil and the false prophet. The folks in England during the last century, placed their apples in hell for keeping through the winter months. Hell is a pit or hole in the ground. No one has faced a judgment yet therefore no one id being punished in some fiery place of torture. Christ is the judge of both the quick and the dead. He is a fair and just judge and would never send anyone to a place of punishment without the due process of a fair trial.

There is no such thing as a place of punishment for humans, there is no need for it, except for in the minds of those who NEED to see humans punished. Due process is a human thing, total mercy and forgiveness is a Godly thing, two entirely differing forms of punishment. There is no such thing as the religious hell, or their need to have a punishing; you know, a lynching; they NEED to see humans bleed because they desire it for them.

Thank God we are not in their hands to face THEIR punishment. We are in God's hands, and we are most fortunate of that.

Well, the Book I read doesn't say anything about any "other lives". It states very plainly that it is appointed unto man ONCE to die and then the judgement.

If anyone "got" the spiritual side of religion they would never need to go to any church, ever, where the diverting is taking place and captivity is being perpetuated.
A church is simply a meeting place. You don't need religion to find God's grace, but it can help people who have trouble doing it on their own.

Forum List

Back