Why would a God even need a hell?

[QUOTE="answered.
My contention is that God said not to question Him or His motives and not to search the Bible for answers for "it will be hidden from you." That is my opinion.

If you don't mind, show me the biblical verses that show God saying a man cannot question him, or search the bible for answers; I would like to see that, because I never have seen such verses before.
Then it was hidden from you.

Interesting reply, quite evasive in my view. No matter what level I am blind to the bible, I think one should provide to those who ask, the biblical verses they claim have been recited; especially if they are claiming that God has said something. I disagree with you that God has said no man can question him or search the bible for answers; I have never seen that in the bible. However, I will not twist your arm to show, what I already know does not exist, which is really WHY you are being so evasive.

But I have seen many believers in God do this kind of thing, and I have never liked it. But its their way. And their way is transparent and I see through it.[/QUOTE]
Not being evasive. Just saying if you search for things in the Bible that God doesn't want you to know, you won't be able to find it and if a righteous person knows it, he won't be able to convey that knowledge to you. It's hard to explain.

[QUOTE=".[/QUOTE]

Not being evasive. Just saying if you search for things in the Bible that God doesn't want you to know, you won't be able to find it and if a righteous person knows it, he won't be able to convey that knowledge to you. It's hard to explain.[/QUOTE]

I am not requesting explanation or your personal knowledge, I simply requested that you post the scriptures where God commands that humans cannot question him or search the bible for truth. I am saying no such scriptures exist; simply provide them, instead of suggesting that you are so righteous as to see them, and I am not.

[QUOTE=".

Not being evasive. Just saying if you search for things in the Bible that God doesn't want you to know, you won't be able to find it and if a righteous person knows it, he won't be able to convey that knowledge to you. It's hard to explain.[/QUOTE]

I am not requesting explanation or your personal knowledge, I simply requested that you post the scriptures where God commands that humans cannot question him or search the bible for truth. I am saying no such scriptures exist; simply provide them, instead of suggesting that you are so righteous as to see them, and I am not.[/QUOTE]
I don't have the time or inclination to do any research. I said in my first reply it was my opinion.

[QUOTE="Hossfly, post: ]
I don't have the time or inclination to do any research. I said in my first reply it was my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Well I am a bit different than you, I have done the research, and God has never commanded that humans cannot question him or search the bible for truth. Now the bible does " Imply it" in some cases, but God never personally said it. So I understand if you have been swayed by implication. You said it was your opinion, but you also said God said it, and I know God did not; you just don't seem to know that.

In fact, let me now say that if I ever imply anything in the bible during this thread, I announce I will always show it if requested; gladly; whether or not I think the reader is " Spiritual enough" to understand it.

I have a question Hossfly, on the title box of this thread to the left, there is a picture of an eye; if you touch the eye with your mouse it then says" Watched".

What does that mean?

[QUOTE="Hossfly, post: ]
I don't have the time or inclination to do any research. I said in my first reply it was my opinion.

Well I am a bit different than you, I have done the research, and God has never commanded that humans cannot question him or search the bible for truth. Now the bible does " Imply it" in some cases, but God never personally said it. So I understand if you have been swayed by implication. You said it was your opinion, but you also said God said it, and I know God did not; you just don't seem to know that.

In fact, let me now say that if I ever imply anything in the bible during this thread, I announce I will always show it if requested; gladly; whether or not I think the reader is " Spiritual enough" to understand it.[/QUOTE]

I have a question Hossfly, on the title box of this thread to the left, there is a picture of an eye; if you touch the eye with your mouse it then says" Watched".

What does that mean?
If you comment in a thread it means you either commented in the thread or checked "watch thread" above the post#.

What does that mean?
If you comment in a thread it means you either commented in the thread or checked "watch thread" above the post#.

Oh good, I thought it may have meant the site was watching it because of something negative.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
Hell is a separation from God and nothing more. Those finding themselves there rejected God. God didn't reject them. That is the Christian view. What hurts those who inhabit hell inevitably is the realization that things could have been different --- if only they had accepted the truth instead of the lie.

I believe we are the center of the universe, not the physical center, but the spiritual one. Its a spirit thang. And I agree we are not God's only creation, but I think, as of now, we are among the most important. I can't see any matter in the universe being more important than humanity. But I don't really know, who know's whatelse this God may have going on? I just don't think this hell came from him, or the religious interpretation of salvation and our future.

Mankind has always been a bit egocentric, but I fail to see any evidence that, in a universe as large as ours, that we're at the center of it for the supreme being that created it. I also fail to see why God would only put intelligent life on Earth.

Hell is a separation from God and nothing more. Those finding themselves there rejected God. God didn't reject them. That is the Christian view. What hurts those who inhabit hell inevitably is the realization that things could have been different --- if only they had accepted the truth instead of the lie.
Agreed. However, I also believe God is all merciful and will accept those who do accept the truth.

The purpose is to scare people into thinking with their amygdala, which is not sharp enough to tell reason from nonsense.
That's more about the nature of religion, not human spirituality and the nature of the power that created the Universe.

I believe we are the center of the universe, not the physical center, but the spiritual one. Its a spirit thang. And I agree we are not God's only creation, but I think, as of now, we are among the most important. I can't see any matter in the universe being more important than humanity. But I don't really know, who know's whatelse this God may have going on? I just don't think this hell came from him, or the religious interpretation of salvation and our future.

Mankind has always been a bit egocentric, but I fail to see any evidence that, in a universe as large as ours, that we're at the center of it for the supreme being that created it. I also fail to see why God would only put intelligent life on Earth.

Well the evidence that I would use , if I had to make a case for this being the center of the universe, is that the bible reveals that God will return to earth one day, and recreate it and make it the focal point of his Kingdom; and actually put his throne here. Now, if God is going to do such a thing, then in my view, that is a strong case for the earth being the center of not only the universe, but life itself.

Where ever God is, I think one could rightly say that is the center of all things.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
People cull' all sorts of things from mis-patterend or colored animals. Too small. Too big.Horse cant run well. Bull not muscular enough. Millions of Koi are sorted and tossed away every year and "few are chosen-many are culled". Why shouldn't God do the same with his idiot farm ?
He only took eight from the last litter(Noah and family).

Well the evidence that I would use , if I had to make a case for this being the center of the universe, is that the bible reveals that God will return to earth one day, and recreate it and make it the focal point of his Kingdom; and actually put his throne here. Now, if God is going to do such a thing, then in my view, that is a strong case for the earth being the center of not only the universe, but life itself.

Where ever God is, I think one could rightly say that is the center of all things.
Your evidence was compiled by a bunch of white guys in 325AD with a particular religious-political agenda to push.

There are many great truisms in the Bible, but let's not forget it is inherently flawed having been passed through the hands of Man. Example; how many versions/interpretations of the Bible are there today? How many denominations of Christianity?

If something is perfectly true, then there can only be one.

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

Why are there so many denominations? | Bibleinfo.com
why-so-many-denominations-low2.png

There are so many denominations because until Jesus returns and clears it all up, the best anyone could do is guess.

Hey, they may have it all screwed up but at least they tried.
IMHO, the reason they are screwing up is because they are looking at religion as an end to itself and not simply a tool to a greater understanding of God.

I don't think so. In spite of the bad publicity about the corruption and many perverts in the churches there are many who are sincere and dedicated to a greater understanding and communion with God. They have just been diverted by archaic superstitious lore and are trapped.

One a person loses the ability to be rational how can they perceive the only rational course to take that will restore them to a right mind?

People cull' all sorts of things from mis-patterend or colored animals. Too small. Too big.Horse cant run well. Bull not muscular enough. Millions of Koi are sorted and tossed away every year and "few are chosen-many are culled". Why shouldn't God do the same with his idiot farm ?
He only took eight from the last litter(Noah and family).

Well I would answer by using the very words of God himself in Isaiah 45:22-23, there God himself states, " Look to me ALL the ends of the earth." Here we see God is interested in everybody, not just an idiot few on a farm. That was verse 22, notice next verse, " I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, that to me EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY mouth shall confess."

A stunning statement from God himself, he even makes a holy vow that EVERYONE will be converted to him. When humans bow to God and confess to him, in my view, that is a sure sign of conversion. So God is after the whole liter of all of humanity. Now religion is not teaching this, they are teaching as you have stated, only those " Called" will be saved; I disagree with that, I go by what God has said, because that trumps anythingelse in the bible. But I will also argue with those believers who try to limit the calling of God to only a few, that God is calling everybody; Jesus in Luke 5:32 said " I came NOT to call the righteous, ( or believers), but sinners, ( or unbelievers), to repentance." So to all those believers running around teaching that God is only calling a few, the bible teaches that God is calling ALL sinners to repent, thus the CALLING of God is for everyone, because we ALL have sinned.

Many believers just get off on limiting God.

Forum List

Back