Why was it OK for Obama to declare himself a deity?

“the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

THAT'S IT??????
Are you fucking kidding?

Obama talking about slowing down global warming means to you fucking self-CANONIZATION???

Change your diaper and go to bed....

(What an asshole.............LOL)

You've got a point. He didn't literally declare himself to be a God.

However, declaring that your election marks the day that the earth began to heal is all but literally declaring yourself as messianic. No getting around that.

Look at this web site complete with quotes from people who did deify Obama!
Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."
-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

Remember even Obama considers himself well let him speak for himself upon his nomination in 2008...
“the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

But of course that was OK... because even the MSM deified Obama!

I quote the Editor of NewsWeek Evan Thomas...a hardened, "professional" "journalist"???
"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Newsweek’s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ‘Sort of God’
Because to Liberals he is a deity.

Remember even Obama considers himself well let him speak for himself upon his nomination in 2008...

I quote the Editor of NewsWeek Evan Thomas...a hardened, "professional" "journalist"???
"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."

Eternal idiot.....WHEN and WHERE did Obama "declare himself a deity?"...LOL

That's all you called Obama for years on here, messiah this and messiah that. It was embarrassing.

Wow you trying to twist up a turd to smoke..Yet reading comprehension class you will need..

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul | HuffPost

Yeah sounds like a person with an ego problem while we listen to Trump self proclaim his genius position in life...

LOL- why exactly are Contards like you so obsessed with believing that Barack Obama is your Messiah?

He never considered himself one- but you have been obsessing about him as the Messiah for years now.....its very odd.

Wow you trying to twist up a turd to smoke..Yet reading comprehension class you will need..

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

Yeah sounds like a person with an ego problem while we listen to Trump self proclaim his genius position in life...
Newsweek 11/22/2010 "GOAT" Obama!
Obamaasadeity.png

This does not sound like one who thinks they are a deity...

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth.

This though sounds like someone that has a god-complex:

"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it,"

Ended war, and secured our nation, when was he getting around to those things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT'S IT??????
Are you fucking kidding?

Obama talking about slowing down global warming means to you fucking self-CANONIZATION???

Change your diaper and go to bed....

(What an asshole.............LOL)

You've got a point. He didn't literally declare himself to be a God.

However, declaring that your election marks the day that the earth began to heal is all but literally declaring yourself as messianic. No getting around that.

Look at this web site complete with quotes from people who did deify Obama!

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."
-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey
Funny, that's not what the OP is getting at. The OP claims Oblama claimed to be a messiah, yet these words are not from Oblama. Oblama has no control over what other people say....Another fail for the OP....

This does not sound like one who thinks they are a deity...

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth.

This though sounds like someone that has a god-complex:

"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it,"

Ended war, and secured our nation, when was he getting around to those things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About the same time Trump introduced his cheaper, better healthcare programs...

LOL- why exactly are Contards like you so obsessed with believing that Barack Obama is your Messiah?

He never considered himself one- but you have been obsessing about him as the Messiah for years now.....its very odd.
They just can't get him out of their feeble minds...

Don’t forget this one-
My legacy will be an America brought down to the level of the rest of the world." - Barack Obama

Because to Liberals he is a deity.
Not to this liberal....He was mediocre like most presidents, but Congress is the real monster in the myth...

Don’t forget this one-
My legacy will be an America brought down to the level of the rest of the world." - Barack Obama

That is not a declaration of superiority or deification, it's a statement of humility..

Wrong. He thought he was powerful enough to remove from America what it had been founded on. He was wrong.
Don’t forget this one-

That is not a declaration of superiority or deification, it's a statement of humility..

Newsweek 11/22/2010 "GOAT" Obama!
View attachment 170218

You are either really stupid or really dishonest. That article is not claiming that Obama is the god of all things, it is not even about Obama specifically, but about what the office of the president has come to be and the expectations on the person.

Don’t forget this one-

Do you have a link to Obama saying that?

Some right wingers LONG to be part of a cult.......As evidenced by the [dwindling] membership in the Trump Cult Party.............Here are some of their heroes

upload_2018-1-7_8-0-56.png

About the same time Trump introduced his cheaper, better healthcare programs...

....AND, a HC plan that would cover EVERYBODY....the orange demagogue often stated (on day one, no less.)

Forum List

Back