Why liberals hate soldiers.....5 reasons....

The key points per the link the OP posted.

1) Soldiers tend to be conservative: Soldiers tend to be almost reflexively conservative; so even the ones who don’t listen to Rush Limbaugh or know who Mike Lee is tend to lean to the Right. Liberals might not have a problem with traitors like Bradley Manning, deserters like Bowe Bergdahl or dirtbags like John Kerry who condemn their fellow soldiers (“randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan”), but they don’t like conservative soldiers any more than they like conservative Tea Partiers. If anything, the soldiers are worse in their eyes because the troops all have guns.

2) Soldiers tend to be patriotic: When I think of patriotism and soldiers, the first thing that comes to mind are those lines from Toby Keith’s Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue.
My daddy served in the army
Where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard
Until the day that he died

In my experience, most soldiers have a deep and abiding love of country – and Chris Kyle was no different. At one point in the movie, when he’s responding to his future wife, Chris Kyle says,

“Why would you say I’m self-centered? I’d lay down my life for my country.”

The sad truth is that most liberals don’t like America very much. When they think of America, they don’t think of waving flags, a city on a hill and “the land of the free,” they think of a rotten country they want to change before it hurts more people. The idea that there are people out there who are willing to die for this country because they think it’s such a great place is like a thumb in the eye for people who read Noam Chomsky, like Jane Fonda, and wish we could be more like Belgium.

3) Soldiers kill people: Why does Bill Maher think Chris Kyle was a “psychopath?” Kyle was killing bad guys, he didn’t do it for pleasure, he was justified in eliminating his targets and had he not done so, it’s likely a lot of Americans would have died. So, why does Maher call Kyle a “psychopath?” Because Chris Kyle killed people, just like our other soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq. Certainly liberals like Bill Maher would NEVER kill people….because men like Chris Kyle do it for them and the rest of us so we can stay safe. Some of us appreciate that. Liberals don’t – which is why they need to be reminded that George Orwell was right when he said, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

4) Liberals are Utopian thinkers: Liberalism is a guy using an Apple and an IPod railing against corporations. It’s a doofus with a sign that says, “Who Needs Oil? I Ride The Bus!” It’s a guy eating a cheeseburger talking about how awful it is that anyone hunts for food. The reason that Jack Nicholson’s famous speech from A Few Good Men resonated with so many people, even though he was a bad guy in the movie, is that what he said is such a perfect response to armchair critics who want the freedom our soldiers insure without doing the dirty, dangerous and messy work they have to do to provide it.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

5) Liberals view our troops as the moral equivalent of the people they’re fighting: Liberals were very upset that Chris Kyle referred to the people we were fighting in Iraq as “savages.” Of course, if people who deliberately murder civilians, use their children as suicide bombers and inflict power drills and beheading on captives aren’t savages, then the word has no meaning. Unfortunately, liberals have become so reluctant to make moral judgments that they are simply unable to see the differences between our troops and the people they’re fighting.

So, when liberal Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur compared Osama Bin Laden to the “revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown” or Ted Rall says, “Do our government’s poorly paid contract killers deserve our ‘support’ for blindly following orders?” they’re revealing that they’re morally unable to see the difference between our troops and the people they’re fighting. Most of us may have seen American Sniper as a film about a selfless hero saving American lives, but liberals saw two groups of monsters plugging away at each other and thought, “If only they could both lose!”

Last edited:
I think the OP is correct, in that is how far-left liberals think about our military. The "I voted Obama because he is cool" crowd probably no so much.

Liberals certainly are a minority in the military, but there are plenty that have been and are in it. There are even a few rabid lefty types. It always seemed to me they joined just to have a job and/or get the free college with it.

It's no secret that some liberals absolutely HATE members of the Armed Forces or veterans, not all it is true. The contempt that this administration has for active duty as well as veterans is played over and over and over again. The motivations that drove me to enlist and go to Vietnam is more foreign to some here on this board than the motivation that maggots who strap explosives to themselves and blow up a school have. Incredulously, some liberals will mouth apologies for the maggot before ever thanking or certainly lifting a finger to help a US Veteran. Those who stand with me at the Veterans center feeding the homeless veterans are without exception, veterans themselves and we have yet to see the liberal put on an apron or pick up a serving spoon.

When American Sniper came out I could see the writing on the wall and literally name the cast of characters that would be involved, all before it happened. I have nothing but contempt for them.

God Bless Chris Kyle and his family... and God Bless those who are or who have served. The article was good... and correct.
STFU you dumbass. Just because some idiot teabagger says the left hates soldiers doesn't mean it's true. You are lied to about that kind of crap constantly, and you chose to believe it, What an idiot.

YOUR SECRETARY OF STATE was/is a traitor. Did you forget?

John Kerry volunteered for the Navy and served in a combat position in Vietnam. Something you can't take away from him.

And then came home and bad mouthed his country in the middle of a war against monsters and helped serve as a propaganda tool for he enemy.....
Not quite as bad as teabaggers calling the president a traitor though. Talk about propaganda tools for the enemy. The right should be ashamed of themselves.

This crap comes from the chicken ha
I think the OP is correct, in that is how far-left liberals think about our military. The "I voted Obama because he is cool" crowd probably no so much.

Liberals certainly are a minority in the military, but there are plenty that have been and are in it. There are even a few rabid lefty types. It always seemed to me they joined just to have a job and/or get the free college with it.

Could be that the soldiers get the right wing broadcasts. Right wing media has bamboozled millions of the not too bright in this country.

this article points out the difference in how liberals view American soldiers....why they dislike....and some...hate our men and women in uniform.....and why they had such a negative reaction to the American Sniper...while the rest of America flocked to see the movie....

5 Reasons Liberals Hate Soldiers Like Chris Kyle - John Hawkins - Page 1

Many liberals are soldiers....

John Kerry was. Wore the uniform of his country, served under fire, while republicans sissy boys like bush cheney pearle limbaugh O'reilly on and on were no shows.

this article points out the difference in how liberals view American soldiers....why they dislike....and some...hate our men and women in uniform.....and why they had such a negative reaction to the American Sniper...while the rest of America flocked to see the movie....

5 Reasons Liberals Hate Soldiers Like Chris Kyle - John Hawkins - Page 1

Many liberals are soldiers....

John Kerry was. Wore the uniform of his country, served under fire, while republicans sissy boys like bush cheney pearle limbaugh O'reilly on and on were no shows.

I never knew Rush or the others were Secreatary of State. AND BTW Rush donated MILLIONS to the troops after Harry Reid wanted Rush fired. Reid wrote a letter to EIB and Rush's boss and Rush signed it, auctioned it off and it sold for millions. Rush gave ALL THE MONEY to the troops.

Limbaugh Letter Fetches $2.1 Million on eBay
Published October 21, 2007
FoxNews.com
Facebook3 Twitter7 livefyre0 Email Print
Rush Limbaugh appears to have the Midas touch.

The conservative radio talk-show host turned an inflammatory letter written by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and signed by 41 of his fellow Democrats into a more than $4.2 million gold mine for the kids of Marines and law enforcement personnel killed in the line of duty, all courtesy of eBay.

The Eugene B. Casey foundation Betty Casey coughed up more than $2.1 million to be the sole owner of the letter sent to the radio host's boss demanding that Limbaugh be reprimanded for a "phony soldier" comment he made on air. Limbaugh has pledged to match whatever was paid for the letter.

Limbaugh described Betty Casey, a trustee of the foundation, as a loyal listener to his show.

“She gives significant sums to hospitals, hospices, colleges and private schools,” Limbaugh said during his radio show Friday afternoon, just after the eBay auction ended. “Betty has been a listener to my program since its inception, and we can't thank her enough for her support. This was kind of the last straw for her, what Harry Reid did here.”

The letter, sent by Reid and signed by his Democratic colleagues, was delivered Oct. 2 to Mark P. Mays, president of Clear Channel, the parent company of the conservative talk show host’s radio broadcast.

Click here to read the letter sent by Reid to Clear Channel's Mark Mays.

In exchange for the $2.1 million, the Maryland-based Eugene B. Casey Foundation, will receive the letter, the Halliburton briefcase in which the letter is secured 24 hours a day, a letter of thanks from Limbaugh and a picture of him announcing the auction at a speech in Philadelphia last week.

The foundation released the following statement on acquiring the letter:

"The Eugene B. Casey Foundation believes freedom of speech is a basic right of every citizen of this country. Their purchase of the smear letter was to demonstrate their belief in this right and to support Rush Limbaugh, his views and his continued education of us."

Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, a nonprofit that gives scholarship assistance to children of Marines and federal law enforcement personnel whose parents die in the line of duty.

Limbaugh has denied the term "phony soldiers" referred to former servicemen and women who served in Iraq and now oppose the war, but to those who lied about their service. A literal reading of the Sept. 26 show in question shows that the controversial host did not say that soldiers opposing the war are "phony."

On his Friday radio show, Limbaugh said Reid’s letter was an “abuse of power against a private citizen.”

“Harry Reid in a speech on the Senate floor at 12 noon today, a little over an hour ago, attempted to hone in on all this and take some credit for it, claiming that he and I had buried the hatchet, or implying that that had been the case, and then kept using the pronoun "we" in discussing how good this was, the money going to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation,” Limbaugh said on his show.

“Three words, that means, ‘Rush, you win,’” Reid told his colleagues on the Senate floor.

Limbaugh said: “I asked Sen. Reid to match and all the other senators who can afford to do so. I haven't heard from them on that. I asked Sen. Reid to go on the program and discuss his discussion of me as "unpatriotic." He did not accept my offer to do that and now has the audacity to climb aboard this, praising the effort, saying that "he" never knew that it would get this kind of money.

He also announced an unknown number of certified copies of the letter signed by him will be sold on for $1,000 on his Web site, with proceeds going to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation.

So did the foundation get their money's worth?

Kieta, the vice president of AmericanMemorabilia.com who goes by only one name, said what makes the letter appealing to a buyer is all the media attention the correspondence has received, but it holds no real historical or collector value.

“If you compare it to an Abraham Lincoln document, there is obviously no comparison,” Kieta said. “This is strictly a promotional marketing ploy. Historically speaking, is it a historical document? I wouldn’t categorize it as a historical document.”:321::anj_stfu::itsok:

YOUR SECRETARY OF STATE was/is a traitor. Did you forget?
Where were the charges?

lol, your kidding, right?
Not at all...where were the charges?

Kerry is a peice of shit anti-war traitor. I don't need a charge for that. Are you such a die hard lib to deny it?
You are aware that the swift boaters were proven to be lying......right? That's what the term has come to mean. A lying smear campaign.

No..they were telling the truth.....swiftboating is telling the truth about someone who the mainstream media supports then they turn telling the truth into an "attack".....

Where were the charges?

Kerry is a peice of shit anti-war traitor. I don't need a charge for that. Are you such a die hard lib to deny it?
You are aware that the swift boaters were proven to be lying......right? That's what the term has come to mean. A lying smear campaign.

No..they were telling the truth.....swiftboating is telling the truth about someone who the mainstream media supports then they turn telling the truth into an "attack".....

Like a true teabagger, you even try to redefine words.
Urban Dictionary swift boating
Swift-Boating Law Legal Definition
swift-boat definition of swift-boat in Oxford dictionary American English
swift-boat - definition of swift-boat in English from the Oxford dictionary

Like a true teabagger, you even try to redefine words.
Urban Dictionary swift boating
Swift-Boating Law Legal Definition
swift-boat definition of swift-boat in Oxford dictionary American English
swift-boat - definition of swift-boat in English from the Oxford dictionary

this is funny. Your hero Billy Clinton tried to redefine what the word IS is.:crybaby::cuckoo::itsok:

Forum List

Back