Why Is It Still OK To 'Trash' Poor White People?

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

Short version. You are white and have no clue.

If you think me being white makes a difference ...
You have just proven what I stated was correct ...
Whether or not you have a clue what either of us is talking about ... :thup:

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle.

I think it makes a difference. I do.

But I really think we just don't listen to each other enough. White people, we don't listen to black people tell us about their experience. And black people, they often don't listen to us tell them that, nope, we really don't feel that way either.

We bring barrels full of assumptions and junk into every encounter. We don't listen.

My point was as long as a bunch of people want to talk about race and racism ...
They are going to have a problem with who thinks who is listening.

The difference comes in what you do ... Not what you say.
Get to doing things the way they should be done ...
And leave the people that want to wallow in the if's, could's, and should's to the misery they insist on surrounding themselves with.

Racism exists ... Play with it, pander to it, make it a part of your life, if you feel the need.
Just don't bitch about it if that is what you choose to do.

Oh I agree. Whatever you make the center of your life--for good or ill--that will be it. You will find it then wherever you go. We do make a lot of our own reality. There is the way people react to us, and the people that we are. I really think in 2018, in America, almost all people are about the people we are more than race, etc. But if you don't believe that, you won't experience it. You'll never know.

Food for thought....

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.

Well -- it IS a general recruiting strategy for the Dems. Because all the folks YOU mentioned are those "red state red neck" mental midgets. Unfortunately, when it's politicized hate like that -- coming from the ignorance of not understanding any American culture outside of Taxi range --- you're often dissing your OWN constituents. Which I find amusing in a way -- but a stupid outreach program.

You might be overthinking the "normal white people" being/feeling superior thing. Because I don't know many instances where the bad phrase "white trash" is USED ---- where it's not a political weapon. Not used in church. Not used by Southern conservatives all that much unless as evil satire. So you need to look at WHO exactly is using it and why..

Look no further than the pages of USMB for the answer to those questions. :rolleyes:
In my view it is the same type of policized hate that marginalizes marginalizes black people as thugs, hispanic immigrants as rapists and murderers and Muslim Americans as the fifth column.

Be afraid...if it isnt black thugs, Creeping Sharia, and an immigrant invasion out to kill America it is the racist bible thumping "white trash".

Unfortunately the left doesnt push back on the latter stereotype like they do on the others. The right doesnt push back on any of them, in fact they seem to endorse most of them, but the left claims to be inclusive and tolerant so this is somewhat hypocritical of the left.

You complain about White people being called "White trash" but it seems you're more, or less "Okay" with White people vanishing in a sea of brown peoples.
People are all just people in the end. That is all I care about.

So, you're against diversity?

Why do Jews, Native Americans, African Americans, Chinese, Russians, Poles, and Ukrainians among others brutalized by past genocides, whom survived deserve to be eradicated, not from genocide, but from the amazing multiculturalism?

Does that make multiculturalism worse than Hitler?

You act like culture is static.

In my view it is the same type of policized hate that marginalizes marginalizes black people as thugs, hispanic immigrants as rapists and murderers and Muslim Americans as the fifth column.

That's somewhat exaggerated. It's ONLY folks outside of the Demo establishment that discuss the consequences of poor decisions about the American city killing fields and the NEW waves of immigration from the South and Mid-East. I RARELY hear anyone on the left ACKNOWLEDGING these issues exist. In fact -- they DENY the problems. See Chicago and all of California for example.

Don't know anyone responsible that is saying all Southern immigrants are rapists and murderers. Or that all black people are thugs. That's how WHITE PEOPLE KNOW IMMEDIATELY --- who the racists in their midst are. They are easy to spot. Over in the Race forum, it's not EASY for blacks to collar their racists. Because their speech is tolerated and protected.

But the folks screaming "white trash" here on USMB and social media want you to believe they are reasonable, responsible advocates for their party. That's the diff..
I think you don’t here what a lot on the right say about blacks here. Or Muslims. Or immigrants.

That's somewhat exaggerated. It's ONLY folks outside of the Demo establishment that discuss the consequences of poor decisions about the American city killing fields and the NEW waves of immigration from the South and Mid-East. I RARELY hear anyone on the left ACKNOWLEDGING these issues exist. In fact -- they DENY the problems. See Chicago and all of California for example.

Don't know anyone responsible that is saying all Southern immigrants are rapists and murderers. Or that all black people are thugs. That's how WHITE PEOPLE KNOW IMMEDIATELY --- who the racists in their midst are. They are easy to spot. Over in the Race forum, it's not EASY for blacks to collar their racists. Because their speech is tolerated and protected.

But the folks screaming "white trash" here on USMB and social media want you to believe they are reasonable, responsible advocates for their party. That's the diff..
I think you don’t here what a lot on the right say about blacks here. Or Muslims. Or immigrants.

I do. That's how I can tell who is racist and who is not. As I said, it's a cinch for whites. The racists are the guys with the stereotypes and fakey history lessons. It's NOT as easy for blacks because that group feels they have earned a right to hate whites and excuse those behaviors from some of their clan. Whites can't.

Now as far as the folks who slam "white trash" -- still, usually, it's said out of political motivation to demean rural poor folks who live in predominantly "red" areas. By elitist snobs who overlook the poverty and ignorance of their own constituencies in the "blue" areas.

It's a stupid attack because not only do these elite snobs trash the characteristics and condition of white trash, many of whom are THEIR tribe in same red areas --- but because by your rather complete list in your OP ----

angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated.

They are demeaning many of their own constituency of color at the same time.

It's a prime example of the nastiness than lurks beneath the skin of most modern day lefty tribal warriors.

Where else do you hear this angry, lazy, stupid, tacky, backwards, Bible thumping et al directed from???

I'm drawing a complete blank on ANYTHING that's not politically motivated.

Your article says pretty much what I just did off the cuff.

Yet "white trash" could be called the Swiss army knife of insults. It's deft in its ability to demean multiple groups at once: white people and people of color, poor people and people who "act" like poor people, rural folks and religious folks, and anyone without a college degree.

The only analysis they really left out is WHO is usually slinging this shit. And WHY they chose those words carefully to target their opposite political tribe by crafting that Swiss army knife as "a white thang". Usually using it as a description of folks that refuse to ACKNOWLEDGE lefty superiority and brilliance and don't VOTE like them.

:wink_2:

Last edited:
Food for thought....

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.
Poor white trash. is the same as the N word. Red Neck means a farming person with little money, White Nword means a white kid trying to be black. Uncle Tom A black guy who has a layed back attitude and works with the white guy. The list is long and not worth my time to list. People have used these descriptive words and many years and some were started by black people. I have been call must of the ones listed above and really don't give a damm. I never was called using any of these names to my face. So the weak ones use this type of language.

The base of the GOP are poor white people.

The GOP leadership craps all over them.

The reason the GOP base puts up with it is because they think they are being protected from gays, blacks, Muslims and Hispanics. The obvious result of propaganda working.

How many times have I written to the mods asking them to do something about the double standards in racism shown on this board? I will tell you they are TNTC!

Well -- it IS a general recruiting strategy for the Dems. Because all the folks YOU mentioned are those "red state red neck" mental midgets. Unfortunately, when it's politicized hate like that -- coming from the ignorance of not understanding any American culture outside of Taxi range --- you're often dissing your OWN constituents. Which I find amusing in a way -- but a stupid outreach program.

You might be overthinking the "normal white people" being/feeling superior thing. Because I don't know many instances where the bad phrase "white trash" is USED ---- where it's not a political weapon. Not used in church. Not used by Southern conservatives all that much unless as evil satire. So you need to look at WHO exactly is using it and why..

Look no further than the pages of USMB for the answer to those questions. :rolleyes:

Be afraid...if it isnt black thugs, Creeping Sharia, and an immigrant invasion out to kill America it is the racist bible thumping "white trash".

Unfortunately the left doesnt push back on the latter stereotype like they do on the others. The right doesnt push back on any of them, in fact they seem to endorse most of them, but the left claims to be inclusive and tolerant so this is somewhat hypocritical of the left.

You complain about White people being called "White trash" but it seems you're more, or less "Okay" with White people vanishing in a sea of brown peoples.
People are all just people in the end. That is all I care about.

So, you're against diversity?

Why do Jews, Native Americans, African Americans, Chinese, Russians, Poles, and Ukrainians among others brutalized by past genocides, whom survived deserve to be eradicated, not from genocide, but from the amazing multiculturalism?

Does that make multiculturalism worse than Hitler?

You act like culture is static.

Culture changes, sure.

But, it's not supposed to be one global giant melting pot that destroys all the ethnic's, religions, and races of the World.

It's no wonder why a lot of Nationalists like myself have ill feelings towards America, it is a culture destroyer.

So many White heritages have been destroyed in the U.S.A.

People who would otherwise be Irish, Scottish, German, English, Italian, or Polish etc, etc. often fly the "White trash banner" of Capitalist junk like Walmart, McDonald's, Home Depot etc. as a culture of substance.

How many times have I written to the mods asking them to do something about the double standards in racism shown on this board? I will tell you they are TNTC!
Willow, are you going to contribute to the topic or just troll the thread? It is your choice, just let me know which way you wish to go.

Willow, are you going to contribute to the topic or just troll the thread? It is your choice, just let me know which way you wish to go.
I was contributing to the topic! What part of what I said prompted the red ink?

Read the op.

Read the op.
I already said it is not okay but that there is definitely a double standard, do you disagree or do you just wish to threaten me with red ink?

Read the op.
I already said it is not okay but that there is definitely a double standard, do you disagree or do you just wish to threaten me with red ink?
You keep making this about the mods, other members or me. That isn’t the topic.

Your article says pretty much what I just did off the cuff.

Yet "white trash" could be called the Swiss army knife of insults. It's deft in its ability to demean multiple groups at once: white people and people of color, poor people and people who "act" like poor people, rural folks and religious folks, and anyone without a college degree.

The only analysis they really left out is WHO is usually slinging this shit. And WHY they chose those words carefully to target their opposite political tribe by crafting that Swiss army knife as "a white thang". Usually using it as a description of folks that refuse to ACKNOWLEDGE lefty superiority and brilliance and don't VOTE like them.

:wink_2:
I just always have felt that when someone called me a Son of a Bitch that 1000 people can't be all wrong.

I do. That's how I can tell who is racist and who is not. As I said, it's a cinch for whites. The racists are the guys with the stereotypes and fakey history lessons. It's NOT as easy for blacks because that group feels they have earned a right to hate whites and excuse those behaviors from some of their clan. Whites can't.

Now as far as the folks who slam "white trash" -- still, usually, it's said out of political motivation to demean rural poor folks who live in predominantly "red" areas. By elitist snobs who overlook the poverty and ignorance of their own constituencies in the "blue" areas.

It's a stupid attack because not only do these elite snobs trash the characteristics and condition of white trash, many of whom are THEIR tribe in same red areas --- but because by your rather complete list in your OP ----

angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated.

It's a prime example of the nastiness than lurks beneath the skin of most modern day lefty tribal warriors.

Where else do you hear this angry, lazy, stupid, tacky, backwards, Bible thumping et al directed from???

It is actually very easy.

ALL of the black people who think like that are racist.

Black racism is just mainstream now thanks to bullshit educational fields like sociology and mainstream left wing publications like the New York Times.

The right has to stop looking for the good in every black person while whining about white people who wave Confederate flags. Call these people out no matter how many that turns out to be.

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

Short version. You are white and have no clue.

If you think me being white makes a difference ...
You have just proven what I stated was correct ...
Whether or not you have a clue what either of us is talking about ... :thup:

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle.

I think it makes a difference. I do.

But I really think we just don't listen to each other enough. White people, we don't listen to black people tell us about their experience. And black people, they often don't listen to us tell them that, nope, we really don't feel that way either.

We bring barrels full of assumptions and junk into every encounter. We don't listen.
The conversation about race is not going to be always tailored towards black people.

They are the ones who don’t listen to OUR experiences.

Black racism is just mainstream now thanks to bullshit educational fields like sociology and mainstream left wing publications like the New York Times.

The right has to stop looking for the good in every black person while whining about white people who wave Confederate flags. Call these people out no matter how many that turns out to be.

I can't fault you for that. The black racists I've been talking to lately have a WHOLE industry of "whiteness" bashing to draw upon. It's becoming institutionalized at our Colleges. They are even quoting white people who are embedded in this industry to make their points.

Think white people have to start tossing out the "race traitors" and folks that aren't "white enough". I'd add a smiley, but it's not funny.. Instead of Uncle Toms, we could have Auntie Rachaels -- like in Dolezal. :lol:

I can't fault you for that. The black racists I've been talking to lately have a WHOLE industry of "whiteness" bashing to draw upon. It's becoming institutionalized at our Colleges. They are even quoting white people who are embedded in this industry to make their points.

Think white people have to start tossing out the "race traitors" and folks that aren't "white enough". I'd add a smiley, but it's not funny.. Instead of Uncle Toms, we could have Auntie Rachaels -- like in Dolezal. :lol:
Fortunately the big time self hating white people like Peggy McIntosh and Jane Elliot are going to die soon.

And that means the origin of white cuckoldry from the left in education is about to die with them.

Forum List

Back