Why Is It Still OK To 'Trash' Poor White People?

Racism is what's being rejected. So if you celebrate that, you've got problems.
But here is a broad label....generalizing an entire group of people as racist bases on skin color and economic status. How is that different then generalizing an entire group of people as thugs based on skin color and abused crime stats?

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

Short version. You are white and have no clue.
Short version. You are black and a liar.

I'm sure it's a coincidence, as is your criminal record.

This comment sux.

Only because it's accurate.

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

If you think me being white makes a difference ...
You have just proven what I stated was correct ...
Whether or not you have a clue what either of us is talking about ... :thup:

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle.
Your anger makes you weak

Exactly.

There's nothing more awful than a man who resents other men who he perceives were given *more opportunity*. They are a blot upon society. There are great literary works written about how small their souls are and how lacking their character.

What is more racist? White trash? Or redneck?
Redneck also has positive connotations, folks can use it as an emblem of pride. Not so white trash. But both tend to be slurs.
Redneck/white trash are so used to being jeered at and ridiculed just because of their geography that they kind of embrace the terms that are thrown at them.

That's why we call ourselves deplorables, that's why we flaunt the redneck title. The fact of the matter is...letists despise and reject everything we value and honor...so any time they come up with a new name for us that is meant to demean us for things we celebrate, we grab it.

But here is a broad label....generalizing an entire group of people as racist bases on skin color and economic status. How is that different then generalizing an entire group of people as thugs based on skin color and abused crime stats?

Short version ... If your world view is consumed by race and racism ... That's all you are ever going to find ... :thup:

Possibly...but then if you have never personally experienced it you are more likely to dismiss it.

Food for thought....

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.

Well -- it IS a general recruiting strategy for the Dems. Because all the folks YOU mentioned are those "red state red neck" mental midgets. Unfortunately, when it's politicized hate like that -- coming from the ignorance of not understanding any American culture outside of Taxi range --- you're often dissing your OWN constituents. Which I find amusing in a way -- but a stupid outreach program.

You might be overthinking the "normal white people" being/feeling superior thing. Because I don't know many instances where the bad phrase "white trash" is USED ---- where it's not a political weapon. Not used in church. Not used by Southern conservatives all that much unless as evil satire. So you need to look at WHO exactly is using it and why..

Look no further than the pages of USMB for the answer to those questions. :rolleyes:
In my view it is the same type of policized hate that marginalizes marginalizes black people as thugs, hispanic immigrants as rapists and murderers and Muslim Americans as the fifth column.

Be afraid...if it isnt black thugs, Creeping Sharia, and an immigrant invasion out to kill America it is the racist bible thumping "white trash".

Unfortunately the left doesnt push back on the latter stereotype like they do on the others. The right doesnt push back on any of them, in fact they seem to endorse most of them, but the left claims to be inclusive and tolerant so this is somewhat hypocritical of the left.

I said sometime back that I wanted to buy a mobile home and was called trailer trash. Until I told them I couldn't really afford to buy one anyway cuz the ones where I lived were not less than 125K. Then I was just called a twat. :lol:
Twat? :lol:

Food for thought....

When poor (or formerly poor) white folks do get portrayed in the media and pop culture, they're often reduced to a series of offensive stereotypes: that they're angry, lazy, dirty, overweight, sunburned, stupid, racist, alcoholic, abusive, jobless, tacky, diseased, violent, backwards, Bible-thumping and uneducated. Those stereotypes get reinforced over and over again on TV and in movies, as anyone who watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Duck Dynasty will tell you.

other slurs, there has been some reclamation of "white trash" — songs and cookbooks and T-shirts that celebrate white-trash culture. And plenty of people unabashedly refer to themselves as white trash.

But no matter who uses it, the phrase itself reinforces some pretty insidious ideas about the meaning of whiteness (and, by reflection, blackness — we'll get to that in a minute). By accepting the idea that white trash exists, people are tacitly accepting that there is another, different kind of whiteness. Normal white people — the ones who aren't white trash — embody all the things white trash can't: They're hardworking, educated, classy, kind and good.

Anyone who doesn't conform to those values can't ever really be fully white. Hence, white trash.

"The problem with the white trash reference is often ... it becomes an easy way to dismiss a group and to generalize," Isenberg says.

Well -- it IS a general recruiting strategy for the Dems. Because all the folks YOU mentioned are those "red state red neck" mental midgets. Unfortunately, when it's politicized hate like that -- coming from the ignorance of not understanding any American culture outside of Taxi range --- you're often dissing your OWN constituents. Which I find amusing in a way -- but a stupid outreach program.

You might be overthinking the "normal white people" being/feeling superior thing. Because I don't know many instances where the bad phrase "white trash" is USED ---- where it's not a political weapon. Not used in church. Not used by Southern conservatives all that much unless as evil satire. So you need to look at WHO exactly is using it and why..

Look no further than the pages of USMB for the answer to those questions. :rolleyes:
In my view it is the same type of policized hate that marginalizes marginalizes black people as thugs, hispanic immigrants as rapists and murderers and Muslim Americans as the fifth column.

Be afraid...if it isnt black thugs, Creeping Sharia, and an immigrant invasion out to kill America it is the racist bible thumping "white trash".

Unfortunately the left doesnt push back on the latter stereotype like they do on the others. The right doesnt push back on any of them, in fact they seem to endorse most of them, but the left claims to be inclusive and tolerant so this is somewhat hypocritical of the left.

You complain about White people being called "White trash" but it seems you're more, or less "Okay" with White people vanishing in a sea of brown peoples.

Redneck also has positive connotations, folks can use it as an emblem of pride. Not so white trash. But both tend to be slurs.
Redneck/white trash are so used to being jeered at and ridiculed just because of their geography that they kind of embrace the terms that are thrown at them.

That's why we call ourselves deplorables, that's why we flaunt the redneck title. The fact of the matter is...letists despise and reject everything we value and honor...so any time they come up with a new name for us that is meant to demean us for things we celebrate, we grab it.

I embraced nasty woman and tree hugger. But that was before Trump. And 47%.

But I find many rightists despise and demean the things I value and celebrate.
Such as..and who?
Environmental issues, protection on endangered species, religious and cultural tolerance (leftists aren’t to great on that either), diversity, bridges instead of walls, pro-family policies that are inclusive of all families, a good safety net, complete parity on mental health treatment, science based sexual education and free birth control, well you get the picture.

Endangered species?
Sure, but why not endangered races?

Arguably Siberian Tigers, and Bengal Tigers both threatened, are not much different than the difference between a White person, and a Black person.

Keep in mind Siberian Tigers, and Bengal Tigers split 10,000 or so years ago.

Keep in mind White people, and Black people have split perhaps perhaps 60,000 years.

Why is the "Race" of Tigers a valid concept worth preserving, but the "Race" of Humans is not a valid concept worth preserving?

I'm calling BS on that.
There are no endangered races.

Food for thought....

My god! I never thought I would say this but you are more biased than Peter Strozk.

I embraced nasty woman and tree hugger. But that was before Trump. And 47%.

But I find many rightists despise and demean the things I value and celebrate.
Such as..and who?
Environmental issues, protection on endangered species, religious and cultural tolerance (leftists aren’t to great on that either), diversity, bridges instead of walls, pro-family policies that are inclusive of all families, a good safety net, complete parity on mental health treatment, science based sexual education and free birth control, well you get the picture.

Endangered species?
Sure, but why not endangered races?

Arguably Siberian Tigers, and Bengal Tigers both threatened, are not much different than the difference between a White person, and a Black person.

Keep in mind Siberian Tigers, and Bengal Tigers split 10,000 or so years ago.

Keep in mind White people, and Black people have split perhaps perhaps 60,000 years.

Why is the "Race" of Tigers a valid concept worth preserving, but the "Race" of Humans is not a valid concept worth preserving?

I'm calling BS on that.
There are no endangered races.

What about the San Bushman?
90,000 people, and in a society which pushes integration.

Food for thought....

You complain about White people being called "White trash" but it seems you're more, or less "Okay" with White people vanishing in a sea of brown peoples.
People are all just people in the end. That is all I care about.

Food for thought....

People who behave like people should be treated like people.

Food for thought....

So, you're against diversity?

Why do Jews, Native Americans, African Americans, Chinese, Russians, Poles, and Ukrainians among others brutalized by past genocides, whom survived deserve to be eradicated, not from genocide, but from the amazing multiculturalism?

Does that make multiculturalism worse than Hitler?

If you think being white doesn't make a difference, yo suffer from psychosis. No one is consumed by racism. But this is the fake news whites like you must tell yourselves because the truth you can't or don't want to handle.
You are indeed consumed by racism. It is all you talk about!

What is more racist? White trash? Or redneck?

First off blacks commit less crime and our overall record of crime is far, far less than that of whites. Rednecks are a fucking sub culture in the white community. They do not represent all white people. Rednecks exhibit a particular type of behavior and in the case of the person I was responding to, the fact she is a racist made it necessary to say what I did. Now you have really got to stop your consistent attempts to find comparisons because whites and blacks aren't coming from the same place. Whites have as a race, a 242 year continuing pattern of extreme racist behavior. And we are the ones who have been the targets. So to try comparing how we see things as if they are coming from the same mental reference is not an accurate way of looking at this.

So..what extreme racist behavior are whites as an entire race here engaging in now? Come on isnt that an overly broad generalization like the thug one?

Your anger makes you weak

Exactly.

There's nothing more awful than a man who resents other men who he perceives were given *more opportunity*. They are a blot upon society. There are great literary works written about how small their souls are and how lacking their character.
He resents his parents, they infected him with their anger and until he forgives them God won’t forgive him. We all must forgive before we can return to the Father.

That's somewhat exaggerated. It's ONLY folks outside of the Demo establishment that discuss the consequences of poor decisions about the American city killing fields and the NEW waves of immigration from the South and Mid-East. I RARELY hear anyone on the left ACKNOWLEDGING these issues exist. In fact -- they DENY the problems. See Chicago and all of California for example.

Don't know anyone responsible that is saying all Southern immigrants are rapists and murderers. Or that all black people are thugs. That's how WHITE PEOPLE KNOW IMMEDIATELY --- who the racists in their midst are. They are easy to spot. Over in the Race forum, it's not EASY for blacks to collar their racists. Because their speech is tolerated and protected.

But the folks screaming "white trash" here on USMB and social media want you to believe they are reasonable, responsible advocates for their party. That's the diff..

Forum List

Back