Why I will never buy an Electric vehicle. Stats show many Americans still prefer Gas powered cars.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
One of the main reasons I will never go for an Electric vehicle, certain parts of Africa will never have charging stations.
There is no power grid system in many African nations. Also the charging time to charge the Electric vehicle takes to long. Flex fuel blends. Ethanol , and gasoline engines sounds like a better way to go for the future. Your thoughts.And yes I know that Oil is not going to last forever. Ethanol engines when that day comes. Renewable Ethanol.

One of the main reasons I will never go for an Electric vehicle, certain parts of Africa will never have charging stations.
There is no power grid system in many African nations. Also the charging time to charge the Electric vehicle takes to long. Flex fuel blends. Ethanol , and gasoline engines sounds like a better way to go for the future. Your thoughts.And yes I know that Oil is not going to last forever. Ethanol engines when that day comes. Renewable Ethanol.
So don't buy one. I doubt I will ever go to Africa, so that doesn't matter. I currently prefer gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, because my vehicles are all in good shape and paid for. When I need to get a different one, I'll have a decision to make.

So don't buy one. I doubt I will ever go to Africa, so that doesn't matter. I currently prefer gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, because my vehicles are all in good shape and paid for. When I need to get a different one, I'll have a decision to make.
And who gives a crap about what someone else thinks. Especially when it's most likely the 2nd most expensive thing people buy.

Why I will never buy an Electric vehicle. Stats show many Americans still prefer Gas powered cars.

I liked this one a lot more when it was called 'Why I will never buy an energy-saving lightbulb. Stats show many Americans still prefer incandescent bulbs'.

Oh, Sarah!

Use renewable fuels to produce electricity for electric cars. Best of both worlds.

My dad drives a Tesla. We live in Florida so the cold isn't really an issue, and there are charging stations absolutely everywhere. My assumption is that the charge time will go down as the technology gets better.

LOL Africa is prime territory to go all electric. Whole darned continent has ample sunshine.

And who gives a crap about what someone else thinks. Especially when it's most likely the 2nd most expensive thing people buy.
Pretty much the situation most of us are in. But by 2025, there will be a lot of EV's on the market at prices on parity, or below, the cost of an equal ICE vehicle. Should see lots of used EV's on the market by that time, also.

I 'am just saying the entire Earth is not ready to go all Electric.

As a person who has devoted most of his life to electricity, I am THRILLED at the prospect of going electric! And we have been going that way for the past century.
  1. First there were actual electric cars at the start of the 20th Century.
  2. Our diesel trains generate electricity to run its electric motors powering the wheels.
  3. The common ICE car has a battery, an alternator, and a complex electric system.
So I will be thrilled at the prospect of a truly green, non-polluting electric car that is simple, reliable, and always ready to go, just that the technology is only now barely becoming practical. We have a long way to go before we can risk cutting all ties with fossil fuels, and the true goal of electric cars will not be realized until hydrogen fuel technology is made practical.

I think all those objections will be overcome in time and electric cars will be quite good

but libs intend to push EV’s on the public before they are ready whether we like it or not

and that sucks

I think all those objections will be overcome in time and electric cars will be quite good

but libs intend to push EV’s on the public before they are ready whether we like it or not

and that sucks
Someone has scared you a lot more than the situation calls for. If you can consider the transition without the distorting fog of "THOSE DAMN LIBERALS ARE FORCING US TO DO THIS!!!" You'll see that it's really a good thing.

Someone has scared you a lot more than the situation calls for. If you can consider the transition without the distorting fog of "THOSE DAMN LIBERALS ARE FORCING US TO DO THIS!!!" You'll see that it's really a good thing.
You are confused

liberals are the ones freaked out by the man-made global warming doomsday hoax

you folks are desperate for electric cars or a seat on the first flight to Mars

You are confused

liberals are the ones freaked out by the man-made global warming doomsday hoax

you folks are desperate for electric cars or a seat on the first flight to Mars
Got it. That distorting fog is too thick for you to see through.

Got it. That distorting fog is too thick for you to see through.
Libs have chosen an impractical solution to a self-made issue that isnt even a problem

you would do better to address the crime wave in major democrat cities

liberals are the ones freaked out by the man-made global warming doomsday hoax you folks are desperate for electric cars or a seat on the first flight to Mars

And the joke as usual is always on them. They think the EVs they worship will be some kind of climate panacea to end all the evils of mankind but after all the wind and solar panels are thrust upon everyone and forced to buy EVs all at the cost of TRILLIONS of dollars and trillions more lost in economic wealth, it won't change a thing; there will be NO graphable benefit measured on the climate from doing any of it because the Left's whole ideology is predicated on a massive false premise.

Forum List

Back