Why hasn't the U.S. had a female leader yet in its history?

It's interesting and confusing to me that in this country's 243 years it still has not elected a female leader or even a female vice president for that matter. Right now there are 20+ nations around the world with female leaders (either prime minister or president). Nations such as Norway, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, New Zealand, Belgium, Estonia, Greece, Slovakia, Georgia, Serbia, and more. Many of these countries along with others have not only elected a female prime minister or president one time but numerous times, and a good percentage of them are a younger age, 30's and 40's, in comparison to our elected politicians which seem to average in age in the 60's and 70's. Most of these countries have been independent sovereign nations for less time than the U.S. has as well. I guess my question is bluntly, why haven't we elected a female president yet? It's not like we don't have talent here in my opinion.
Look how many women ran for POTUS in the dem primary in 2020.

Yes, yet we will still not have a female president in 2020 despite it. It leads to my original question though of why? Both parties have run women as a candidate in the past but they don't seem to ever really come close. Hillary Clinton came close really only because the Democratic Party limited her competition in the primaries and helped her get the nomination not because of her goals for the country and her ideas but mainly to try and force a historical moment (which doesn't usually work out well in my opinion).

Gee why didnt you vote for McCain Palin if its so important

I wasn't old enough to vote yet in the 2008 election so that would be the main reason, but please don't confuse my question with me wanting to elect someone solely because they are female.
I knew alrdy you only wanted lib hags

I'd be open to a female candidate that is center right but she would just need to be supportive of some key issues that I have interests in too. I wouldn't vote for her just because she is a female though.

I wasn't old enough to vote yet in the 2008 election so that would be the main reason, but please don't confuse my question with me wanting to elect someone solely because they are female.

I'd be open to a female candidate that is center right but she would just need to be supportive of some key issues that I have interests in too. I wouldn't vote for her just because she is a female though.
SO a dem in disguise as a repub....same same

It's interesting and confusing to me that in this country's 243 years it still has not elected a female leader or even a female vice president for that matter. Right now there are 20+ nations around the world with female leaders (either prime minister or president). Nations such as Norway, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, New Zealand, Belgium, Estonia, Greece, Slovakia, Georgia, Serbia, and more. Many of these countries along with others have not only elected a female prime minister or president one time but numerous times, and a good percentage of them are a younger age, 30's and 40's, in comparison to our elected politicians which seem to average in age in the 60's and 70's. Most of these countries have been independent sovereign nations for less time than the U.S. has as well. I guess my question is bluntly, why haven't we elected a female president yet? It's not like we don't have talent here in my opinion.
Look how many women ran for POTUS in the dem primary in 2020.

Yes, yet we will still not have a female president in 2020 despite it. It leads to my original question though of why? Both parties have run women as a candidate in the past but they don't seem to ever really come close. Hillary Clinton came close really only because the Democratic Party limited her competition in the primaries and helped her get the nomination not because of her goals for the country and her ideas but mainly to try and force a historical moment (which doesn't usually work out well in my opinion).
Partly old boys network, its not as dominate as it used to be, but its still there. Another reason maybe just a matter circumstances at the moment. I know that is very loose and general, but there maybe something to that as well.

Why hasn't the U.S. had a female leader yet in its history?
I guess minds like yours are a prime example why. Still waiting for a decent one to come along. Could it be because women in general have a predilection towards nesting rather than leading? And those that try to lead often seem to be trying to over-compensate, or are the likes of Hillary who left Americans to die and sold national secrets and favors for money.

Hoping to make SEX the new qualification after the DNC made skin color the last? America needs REAL LEADERS, not people put into power simply because they had the right skin color to assuage liberal guilt or the right junk between the legs.

No just a more moderate and reasonable person that can have political views that can appeal to people on both sides of the aisle depending on the issue. Why can't a republican also be an advocate for meaningful climate change policy? Why can't a democrat be pro-life?

16-13-19

No just a more moderate and reasonable person that can have political views that can appeal to people on both sides of the aisle deepening on the issue. Why can't a republican also be an advocate for meaningful climate change policy? Why can't a democrat be pro-life?
There are climate nuts on the right,,,,,,you chased all the pro lifers out of your party....try to keep up

16-13-19

Matthew 16: 13-19?

As a nation, as a people, we do not produce qualified women.

I don't agree with that. I think we have plenty of qualified women it's just getting them to the forefront of the two major parties without them simply being a token candidate or for show purposes.
Women must be a token or dragged out for vanity because they are not qualified.

As a nation, as a people, we do not produce qualified women.

I don't agree with that. I think we have plenty of qualified women it's just getting them to the forefront of the two major parties without them simply being a token candidate or for show purposes.
Women must be a token or dragged out for vanity because they are not qualified.

How do you explain the countries I mentioned above though? Why is the U.S. different?

16-13-19

Matthew 16: 13-19?

PMS.

And I am just joking. You raise a very valid point. In my opinion the right woman for the job hasn't yet won a Presidential Primary. I was all on board with Sarah Palin and I feel similarly about Tulsi Gabbard. The time will come. As you've said . . . we're overdue for a female President.

You forgot England, Margaret Thatcher.

In the past many nations have been led by broads.

Russia led by Catherine the Great and Elizabeth, Egypt by Cleopatra, England by Elizabeth I and Mary Tudor

I agree.

Good point. Would you be willing to support have Ivanka succeed Donald J Trump as our President?

It would depend on what she wants for the country and who she would be running against.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Ivanka seeks a continuation of Donald J Trump's policies, but with a feminine touch. And suppose she was running against some dude.

If she were to continue her father's policies then I would probably not vote for her at this time.

Even if she was running against some dude? Don't you think that women deserve to elect one of their own as president?
If one of your own is a fucking idiot that vagina vote may not work out so well.

I would imagine that women intelligent and driven enough to actually be president generally would rather have a happy healthy family than to subject their family to... Well... Us.

Forum List

Back