Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

I don't think I have seen a single lefty on this thread who can demonstrate that he understands that the debate is not about EVs, but rather where the electricity to charge them comes from, how much of it is available, or how much it takes to charge an EV.

I don't think I have seen a single lefty on this thread who can demonstrate that he understands that the debate is not about EVs, but rather where the electricity to charge them comes from, how much of it is available, or how much it takes to charge an EV.
it's quite a lot of things the lefties don't fking understand. They think solar panels and wind turbines just exist, plucked out of trees.

Nor do they understand disposal.

The internal combustion engine is a Rube Goldberg device. It served us well for many years but maybe it’s time for it to go like the vacuum tube and the incandescent light bulb.
Funny how people pay good money for guitar amps that have tubes because they just sound better.

And I still think the light from an incandescent bulb is superior to a fluorescent or LED.

And yes vinyl is better than digital for music reproduction

And how will the gas tax be replaced when everyone is driving EVs.

I'm not totally against EVs but we have a looooong way to go before everyone will be driving them

bad bad news for all authoritarian gas-stations like KSA, Muscovy, Venezuela , what will happened to them once oil (so no crazy jets full of cash landing on the roof of the Putin´s dacha) becomes what is coal today ?

"
We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.
And it is likely to happen much more quickly than you imagine.
Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars....
_118691645_evs_sales-nc.png

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.
OnPEfRdT47FRKZho_MEvle7JoX-EmZaXKqGpWZUCuLlbSuezlKTAW64A-y4Bcvf1od_BTtsnm0R2UhEimnyjize9wgaeI82yauOAx8wFABkv4N3PoTEbEpl13Q

General Motors says it will make only electric vehicles by 2035, Ford says all vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2030 and VW says 70% of its sales will be electric by 2030."

Yep, when you only get 250 miles on a good day from an electric fill up, that took 1 hour, sure, the electric car is the way to go. But if you have to go from Florida to Arizona, and it takes you 10 fill ups and it is cold outside and the days are short, you have to fill up a few more times and longer because battteries dont do well in cold weather. And all those coal fired power plants need to be churning out the CO2 for the demand of all that electricity during that time because what happened in Texas can happen any where else.
You also predicted the demise of the Horseless Carriage
How many times did the electric car die off I history?

My recollection says three, once in the 1900s, another time in the 1970s and another time in the late 1990s

Batteries my friend, batteries
...and they still suck donkey ass and are RIDICULOUSLY expensive to replace.

There is an alternative energy source that is MUCH cleaner than fossil fuels and would help the process/problem of infrastructure available to support an near-all EV system. But, for some reason, the Greenies HATE it and will never support a major increase in said infrastructure.

NUCLEAR!!!

(everywhere, greenies just pissed themselves)

bad bad news for all authoritarian gas-stations like KSA, Muscovy, Venezuela , what will happened to them once oil (so no crazy jets full of cash landing on the roof of the Putin´s dacha) becomes what is coal today ?

"
We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.
Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars....

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.
OnPEfRdT47FRKZho_MEvle7JoX-EmZaXKqGpWZUCuLlbSuezlKTAW64A-y4Bcvf1od_BTtsnm0R2UhEimnyjize9wgaeI82yauOAx8wFABkv4N3PoTEbEpl13Q

General Motors says it will make only electric vehicles by 2035, Ford says all vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2030 and VW says 70% of its sales will be electric by 2030."

I read that article this morning.

I think it's great news.

We need more variety and options for electric vehicles.

"

Electric cars aren't eco-friendly contrary to they'd have you believe.

If you mean the batteries what you stated isn't true.

The batteries are rebuilt just like any other part in a vehicle. Then resold.

Batteries won't end up in landfills.

And how will the gas tax be replaced when everyone is driving EVs.

I'm not totally against EVs but we have a looooong way to go before everyone will be driving them
Right now, EV is just a nice option, kind of like a leather interior or sport package. They have little to no connection to alternative energy or treating the earth better.

I've already made six figures in my lithium stock buys, and the best is yet to come. All you skeptics of the coming EV revolution are also people who doubt the existence of climate change. They also think the earth is flat. They'll die off, like the dinosaur, and progress, and change, will continue ever more.

They've already been left behind by the technological revolution and cannot handle another one.

They are also the same people who believe Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man.

They may die off quick since they are the same people who refuse to get vaccinated or social distance or wear a mask.

You could be right, but I doubt it will be that long. There are millions of gas and diesel vehicles on the roads, and all manufacturers aren't converting to electric. The transition will take several years, but I doubt it will be 50.

I don't have a problem with people buying what they want and the market can provide.

I do have a problem with people who want to restrict freedoms ...
Write laws that favor one industry over another, and subsidize the exclusion of alternatives already available.

You mean like the did for oil companies?

You mean like we STILL DO with oil companies.

I would add many of those oil companies don't pay a penny in federal income taxes.

I'm not against EVs, but I am against trying to force everybody to have one. I am against discontinuing production of ICE vehicles without knowing where the power would come from to charge massive numbers of EVs. I am also against all these lefties who think that EVs have anything to do with alternative energy, and I am against lefties who don't know where the electricity to charge massive numbers of EVs would come from.

You mean like we STILL DO with oil companies.

I would add many of those oil companies don't pay a penny in federal income taxes.
You should absolutely LOVE oil companies, since they are providing the fuel to generate electricity for EVs. Evs aren't going anywhere without the oil companies.

Meanwhile real Americans continue to pump gas and flip tree huggers the bird. :eusa_hand:
You can be a treehugger and still drive a gas powered car
True, fossil fuels are recycled trees, plants and animals. Now that's 'green'.
That and it's far "greener" to buy a used car that gets 40 MPG than it is to buy a new car electric ot gasoline powered
AND combustion engine life can be extended for decades via rebuilding. Or melt them down and build new engines out of the metal 100 times. Mine the metal once recycle indefinitely.

You should absolutely LOVE oil companies, since they are providing the fuel to generate electricity for EVs. Evs aren't going anywhere without the oil companies.

Shit ... I don't have a problem with the oil companies because they make mutual funds more productive at times.
It's really kind of funny when people bitch about oil companies and don't really know how invested in oil they actually are.

It goes back to ... Just take care of me, and I will bitch about anything I don't like.
The nanny state mentality ... Absent proper context.

I'm not against EVs, but I am against trying to force everybody to have one. I am against discontinuing production of ICE vehicles without knowing where the power would come from to charge massive numbers of EVs. I am also against all these lefties who think that EVs have anything to do with alternative energy, and I am against lefties who don't know where the electricity to charge massive numbers of EVs would come from.
I was with you all the way on this post until you went off on the right vs. left tangent. I’m as far from a “lefty” as you’re probably going to get when it comes to government but I still think the benefits of a predominantly clean renewables electrical system FAR outweigh the costs and we’re already far along the path ( in 2020 we got 40% of our electricity from renewables including nuclear).

If we keep governments nasty claws out of it I believe the private sector will get us there because after all it makes GREAT business sense.

I was with you all the way on this post until you went off on the right vs. left tangent. I’m as far from a “lefty” as you’re probably going to get when it comes to government but I still think the benefits of a predominantly clean renewables electrical system FAR outweigh the costs and we’re already far along the path ( in 2020 we got 40% of our electricity from renewables including nuclear).

If we keep governments nasty claws out of it I believe the private sector will get us there because after all it makes GREAT business sense.
You seem like a nice guy with a noble cause, but you are in lah lah land about EVs and alternative energy.

Yep, when you only get 250 miles on a good day from an electric fill up, that took 1 hour, sure, the electric car is the way to go. But if you have to go from Florida to Arizona, and it takes you 10 fill ups and it is cold outside and the days are short, you have to fill up a few more times and longer because battteries dont do well in cold weather.

The inception of the idea about a battery charged-electric vehicle is indeed ... compact, light and far more efficient nickel/metal (NiMH) accumulators. ... A brave new world is upon us, with many pioneers leading the way of developments. ...

Hey, get your jollies off on electric cars all you want, but a few facts are in order:
  1. GM isn't phasing out gas cars until 15 years from now, so they say today.
  2. A great many people rely on the USED market buying used gasoline cars up to ten years old. That means there will still be a steady demand for used gas cars at least until 2045.
  3. In a bad economy, a $4,000 used gas car will be easier to sell than a $60,000 new electric car.
  4. As time goes on and more people see the liabilities of an electric car, they will be sticking with or going back to gasoline.
  5. As gas cars become scarcer on the market, their value will soar.
  6. The electric car is a CONSUMER item and will never replace all forms of transportation.
  7. The environmental/climatic benefits of electric cars is being greatly overstated.
  8. The minute they develop a practical hydrogen fuel cell, they will drop electric battery cars like hot cakes making them valueless.
  9. Electric cars will be chock full of computer restrictions and government regulations limiting the driver and telling on him; as people realize that, they will flock back to gasoline.
  10. The electric car will never fully supplant the gas car until they literally outlaw gas cars, close all gas stations and FORCE everyone to electric.

Forum List

Back