Why do you support Ukraine?

Well, there is. The US's interest there lies in preventing Russia from expanding and increasing its influence.

In 2011 when Russia and the Ukraine were having problems growing crops, the lack of food caused the Arab Spring.
In order to keep allies, you need allies to be STABLE, and the Ukraine is a part of that. With that amount of wheat that is exported in the hands of
Well, there is. The US's interest there lies in preventing Russia from expanding and increasing its influence.

In 2011 when Russia and the Ukraine were having problems growing crops, the lack of food caused the Arab Spring.
In order to keep allies, you need allies to be STABLE, and the Ukraine is a part of that. With that amount of wheat that is exported in the hands of Russia, rather than the Ukraine, the US loses a lot of stability among poorer nations that might support the US rather than Russia or China.

Wheat? We can provide more wheat in one single state than Ukraine ever could. Wheat is not a vital US interest.

We don’t need to support an armed conflict which is none of our business to help feed unstable or poor nations.

There’s many reasons why Americans and frankly people all over the world oppose funding Ukraine. One of them is because of Christianity …our Christian Brothers in Russia. The idea of funding Ukraine to kill Russian Christians. I’m not gonna be a part of that.

American exceptionalism. The idea that we can invade countries and use drones whenever we want in countries all around the world. That America can do military operations in allied countries like Pakistan whenever we want. But if some other country like Russia invades Ukraine we decide to take a “moral stand” that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and it is also against Christianity…

The people in this thread that support Ukraine and say Russia is evil are wrong. they rarely if it all talk about America’s involvement in wars or that the United States is the most militarized country in all of world history. Our military power and budget is way greater than that of even China and China is a country of over 1 billion people.

And I want the United States to remain the strongest country in the world with the strongest military. But let’s use our military members and military equipment for the right reasons and we have no right to be funding this Russia Ukraine conflict this is an Eastern European conflict. There’s no moral argument to support this war if it was about morals we will be helping out the people in Africa who are starving to death.

Although I voted for Donald Trump in 2020 and I would again in 2024, I don’t believe in “America first”. I believe that the United States should help to guide the world to be a better place. Now I certainly would say the hundred billion dollars we wrongfully have sent to Ukraine politicians(nobody knows where the money is going) should have been used to help the people of East Palestine it should be used to eliminate homelessness in America which can be done.….

Ukraine has corruption issues Ukraine has oligarchs just like Russia does. There’s a lot of similarities between Ukraine politics and Russian politics.

______Also Russia is rejecting a lot of this far left American politics where America expects the world to agree that men who dress like women should get women’s awards and take away rights from women. Russia does not agree with this and frankly that is honorable.

It comes down to ideology. There are Nazis in Ukraine there are white supremacists there and it’s really astonishing that the people in this thread who claim to be Democrats support Ukraine and say nothing about that even though vice news in the BBC western news outlets have shown us. They’ve shown the racism from Ukraine.

It seems that the last necessary war America fought in was World War II.

But I have always stood by the American military whether it be those who fought in Vietnam, Korea or the two gulf wars…. I stand by the office of the presidency. And that’s America for you that’s what freedom of speech means you can disagree with a war while still supporting the military and even the war effort. And certainly supporting the troops supporting American troops.

And of course there’s other reasons Americans are saying we should be out of this war …. it has been listed in this thread and others.

Last edited:
Wheat? We can provide more wheat in one single state than Ukraine ever could. Wheat is not a vital US interest.

We don’t need to support an armed conflict which is none of our business to help feed unstable or poor nations.

And yet the US could NOT provide enough wheat to stop the Arab Spring, could it?
The Ukraine has 8.5% of the world's wheat exports. The US has 13.1%, the same as Russia.

The thing is, if you have countries like Libya, Syria, Iraq, and other oil rich nations becoming unstable.... then what?
The reality is you don't seem to see how it all interconnects. You want to stick your head in the sand and pretend the US can be a world superpower without being a world superpower.
Now, maybe you don't care, maybe you think China and Russia can rise and the US can sit back and let it happen and it doesn't matter to the US, but look at the US putting sanctions on Russia and the Chinese accepting these sanctions. One day it's going to be the Chinese putting sanction on other countries, and the US having to either abide by these sanctions because it's not powerful enough, doesn't have the allies, or it's China putting sanctions on the US and all these former allies accepting these sanctions and the US suffering for it.

And yet the US could NOT provide enough wheat to stop the Arab Spring, could it?
The Ukraine has 8.5% of the world's wheat exports. The US has 13.1%, the same as Russia.

The thing is, if you have countries like Libya, Syria, Iraq, and other oil rich nations becoming unstable.... then what?
The reality is you don't seem to see how it all interconnects. You want to stick your head in the sand and pretend the US can be a world superpower without being a world superpower.
Now, maybe you don't care, maybe you think China and Russia can rise and the US can sit back and let it happen and it doesn't matter to the US, but look at the US putting sanctions on Russia and the Chinese accepting these sanctions. One day it's going to be the Chinese putting sanction on other countries, and the US having to either abide by these sanctions because it's not powerful enough, doesn't have the allies, or it's China putting sanctions on the US and all these former allies accepting these sanctions and the US suffering for it.
Stupidity.

The US absolutely could supply the world with wheat. That too is not our business. We should not need to.

Why should the US feed the world?
Thing is, the US exports 50% of its wheat already, and that's 13.1% of the world's wheat exports. The US might have more capacity than this, however I doubt it's enough to take over the 8% of world's wheat exports from a small country like the Ukraine.

Why should the US do anything?
Do you like having low oil prices? In order to have low oil prices the US went to war in Afghanistan and Iraq and bombed Libya. The US could only do this because it had allies.
Allies in Egypt, which is much less an ally now, allies in Saudi Arabia, part of OPEC which if it didn't need the US, would discard the US very quickly.
Get rid of Saudi Arabia as an ally and Israel is at threat.
There are many reasons why the US does what it does, why it has allies, why it protects such things.

But if you want the world to be simple, it doesn't mean it will be simple. It just means you lose out.

they said the same things about Viet Nam-----------then 58,000 americans died for nothing.

they said the same things about Viet Nam-----------then 58,000 americans died for nothing.
You should go a little bit further and take a look at American involvement in the WWI. It was first American 'expansionist' war behind the continent. Without that, the German alliance would have likely won it and the US as we know it now wouldn't exist.

You should go a little bit further and take a look at American involvement in the WWI. It was first American 'expansionist' war behind the continent. Without that, the German alliance would have likely won it and the US as we know it now wouldn't exist.
Europeans might all be speaking German but the USA would exist. your exaggerations are foolish. Why do you want another Viet Nam in Ukraine? That is what most of DC seems to want, why is that? Could it be that they are all on the payroll of the weapons industry?

The issue at hand is real politics as they say. Understanding the world we live in where world super powers will compete for international influence. And I’ve said before I disagree with the Iraq invasion but I support the US military and when our country goes to war I support it. And I think that George W. Bush was an ok president.

There’s another point I had to I’ve always respected Russia because of their contribution to World War II ..and I think that that is a very valid and human reason. They were the ones who stood up against the third Reich more than anyone they lost tens of millions in the fight.

I see lots of similarities between the Russian people and the American people.
They had no choice. They were attacked. Like Ukraine is now.

In fact a case could be made that had not Stalin agreed to let Germany invade Poland, that might never have happened

Europeans might all be speaking German but the USA would exist. your exaggerations are foolish. Why do you want another Viet Nam in Ukraine? That is what most of DC seems to want, why is that? Could it be that they are all on the payroll of the weapons industry?
I think that the weapons industry is only one aspect of that. What is more important is that quite a few people benefit from American prominent role in global financial and political affairs.

It is not that I mentioned the WWI at random. That war was a first step from basically an isolationism policy to global dominance. One can argue endlessly whether it benefited the US or brought more harm.

I think that the weapons industry is only one aspect of that. What is more important is that quite a few people benefit from American prominent role in global financial and political affairs.

It is not that I mentioned the WWI at random. That war was a first step from basically an isolationism policy to global dominance. One can argue endlessly whether it benefited the US or brought more harm.
good points, but Ukraine is not anything like WW1. Ukraine was/is one of the most corrupt countries on earth, it was part of Russia for decades, let putin have it back, then he has to deal with its corruption. Keeping Ukraine from rejoining Russia is not worth one US dollar or one US life.

Thing is, the US exports 50% of its wheat already, and that's 13.1% of the world's wheat exports. The US might have more capacity than this, however I doubt it's enough to take over the 8% of world's wheat exports from a small country like the Ukraine.

Why should the US do anything?
Do you like having low oil prices? In order to have low oil prices the US went to war in Afghanistan and Iraq and bombed Libya. The US could only do this because it had allies.
Allies in Egypt, which is much less an ally now, allies in Saudi Arabia, part of OPEC which if it didn't need the US, would discard the US very quickly.
Get rid of Saudi Arabia as an ally and Israel is at threat.
There are many reasons why the US does what it does, why it has allies, why it protects such things.

But if you want the world to be simple, it doesn't mean it will be simple. It just means you lose out.
You can check this , think Ukraine supports about 40% of the grain that feeds neighboring country's

good points, but Ukraine is not anything like WW1. Ukraine was/is one of the most corrupt countries on earth, it was part of Russia for decades, let putin have it back, then he has to deal with its corruption. Keeping Ukraine from rejoining Russia is not worth one US dollar or one US life.
You have some valid points. But bear in mind that the war in Ukraine began not because of Ukraine. Or more correctly, it was not the only reason.

Remember, Russia put forth certain demands on NATO and the US (December 2021) about security policy of the alliance. Basically, it wanted to divide NATO members on 'full' ones and 'limited' ones.

Had the US accepted these demands what that would mean for the US allies and rivalries worldwide? Or if the US allowed Russia to seize control over Ukraine in a matter of weeks?

Again, I return back to my WWI analogy. Of course, the war in Ukraine and the WWI are far different by scale. But the cause of them is the same. They are wars for global alliances and dominance.

And to answer your question why the US is involved in that, the US populace should give an answer on one question - do they want the US to stay one of the world powers or should it 'shrink' to the American continent and become something like Australia in the world affairs?

It seems you prefer the latter case. What the American public in general think will be seen in 2024.

Wrong.

First piece of misinformation:

It’s not a war. It’s an invasion.

Second piece of misinformation:

Women, children, and grandmas are crying, because they are civilians being bombed by a country committing egregious war crimes.

Third piece of misinformation:

People, normal people that is, support Ukraine, because supporting a civilian population being bombed illegally, through no provocation whatsoever, is the right side of things.

Fourth piece of misinformation:

The murders of Ukrainian civilians are exactly that murder. The support being given to Ukraine is because a European country being invaded must be defended by any means necessary, and every inch of the country must be liberated from the terrorist invaders.

Finally:

Putin is a war criminal, that needs a rope around his neck.
Yeah, nobody on the right will even acknowledge the fact that Russia invaded a nation that posed no threat. Nor was there a third nation that was threatening Ukraine.

We used to, at the very least, agree that we should stop communist aggression. The political right seems to have gone so far around the bend that they are happy when Russia invades another nation.

Its mind boggling.

The UN has found no evidence of genocide in the actions of the Russian army in Ukraine

This was stated by the head of the UN-backed international commission of inquiry into the events in Ukraine, Eric Moese, reports The Guardian.

Who cares! The shit has already been put into the heads of the western philistines. The screams about the "crimes" of the russians were printed on the front page, and the rebuttal, if it will be printed, will be on the last page, in the bottom corner.

Forum List

Back