Why do you support Ukraine?

I only looked up wheat, because that is all the Ukraine is known for, but production has nothing to do with the discussion really, since the main agricultural portion of the Ukraine is the eastern ethnic Russian parts anyway.

Here is where the numbers came from:
The Ukraine has long been known as the breadbasket of Europe, when it was part of the Soviet Union it was known as the breadbasket of the Soviet Union. That would seem at odds with what you are attempting to state. Ukraine produces 14% of the world's corn, that and other crops might be the reason the Ukraine is called what it is.

I only looked up wheat, because that is all the Ukraine is known for, but production has nothing to do with the discussion really, since the main agricultural portion of the Ukraine is the eastern ethnic Russian parts anyway.

Here is where the numbers came from:
Corn has surpassed wheat as the most important food staple in the world. Wheat is second, followed by rice. Russia is largely col temperate climate or worse. Wheat is one of the few crops that do well there; similar to Canada's climate. Using only wheat is not a good comparison.

The US only produces 50 million tons of wheat annually, so is less than 2/3ds of Russia's production.
The US could produce enough wheat to feed the world through the production of four or five states if we tried.

The US could produce enough wheat to feed the world through the production of four or five states if we tried.
Correct, for now, but climate change is ravaging the world's agricultural belts. Many problems are begining to develop and worsen, threatening all of that.

The Ukraine is NOT just a corrupt place, that has been stealing Russian oil, murdering ethnic Russians, trying to join NATO, etc., but the Ukraine historically was the almost always historically part of Russia and Kyiv used to be the capital of Russia until the Mongol invasion.
There is no country, culture, history, etc. that is known as the Ukraine.
The Ukraine is known instead ONLY as the disputed borderlands between Poland and Russia.
All the people there are either Polish or Russian.
There is no such thing as a Ukrainian.
And since the ethnic Polish and ethnic Russians do not at all get along, they should not be forced into the same country.
Kremlin Stooge Alert

For the same reason I hate the republican base...I value and love freeedom and the ability to live my life without some jackass using their religion to tell me what to do.

The Ukraine is NOT just a corrupt place, that has been stealing Russian oil, murdering ethnic Russians, trying to join NATO, etc., but the Ukraine historically was the almost always historically part of Russia and Kyiv used to be the capital of Russia until the Mongol invasion.
The Ukraine is known instead ONLY as the disputed borderlands between Poland and Russia.
And since the ethnic Polish and ethnic Russians do not at all get along, they should not be forced into the same country.
they stole nothing and murdered no one.

They have a right to exist seperate from russia and to try to join NATO

They are a country whether you like it or not

I work with some Ukrainian-Americans they are proud of their nation and it's heritage. Get out of their land if you can't live in peace with them.

Climate change is a hoax.
Keep your head in the sand, see if that helps. We are already being adversely affected by it iny area of the country and it's just starting. In 5 more years no one in the world will be able to deny it anymore. No matter where you live.

Keep your head in the sand, see if that helps. We are already being adversely affected by it iny area of the country and it's just starting. In 5 more years no one in the world will be able to deny it anymore. No matter where you live.
Climate change is a politically motivated hoax.

The earth’s climate is and always has been naturally cyclical. There’s nothing we can do about it.

Climate change is a politically motivated hoax.

The earth’s climate is and always has been naturally cyclical. There’s nothing we can do about it.
You're very mistaken, it has never changed at this fast a rate. You can try to make everything political, but you're a fool if you think this is the case.

You're very mistaken, it has never changed at this fast a rate. You can try to make everything political, but you're a fool if you think this is the case.

BS. Why have you bought into the climate change hoax? Nothing has noticeably changed in your life time. Nothing has changed in my lifetime.

Climate change is natural. It’s been happening since the beginning of time. It’s happening so slowly that no one alive today will have noticed any difference in the weather or climate in their lifetime.

Climate change is natural. It’s been happening since the beginning of time. It’s happening so slowly that no one alive today will have noticed any difference in the weather or climate in their lifetime.
Most of the soil here in the Midwest has lost 50% of it's bacteria already and it's ability to hold and retain moisture has also been compromised. Certain tree species here in the US are dying out because they are subjected to new vectors because of the changes. When I was young I knew we were zone 4 for planting now we are zone 5. You keep kidding yourself. Tornado alley has expanded and moved further east. We don't get our usual spring rains anymore, they're erratic, few and far between but when we do get them they are deluges. We recently had hail bigger than baseballs, a new state record. Completely destroyed roofs. Right, nothings changing, it's all normal. It isn't, wake up already.In 25 years or less we' ll be forced to live underground here. Look at the number of catastrophes occurring in the US yearly, see the trend in the 80's we averaged 3 a year. By 2010 it was 23 per year, and more severe 8 out 10 of the billon dollar catastrophes occurred in the last decade. .

Last edited:
That's why there are elections. Putin lost. Putin invades.
And you're alright with this?
Like in the other thread, brother, there’s no need to make things upabout other posters. Like you did with the Black Lives Matter topics you’re doing that in this thread. I don’t think there’s one Putin supporter in this thread.

When we look at the Russian invasion of Ukraine compared to the American invasion of Iraq, there are quite a few differences. But we can bring up some interesting points.

There’s a major point that is being overlooked especially by liberals. Why wasn’t Iraq armed by the international world when American invaded Iraq in 2003? Does it have anything to do with the Iraqis being Arab people being mostly Muslim perhaps?

Ukraine is a light authoritarian country. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see tons of statues of Zelensky all over the place in western Ukraine soon. We can also point out that Russia, nor China, nor anybody in the international world gave Iraq support in 2003. Even though people could argue that even though Saddam Hussein was authoritarian, it was the Arab people that deserve the worlds sympathy. . The Iraqi people whose homes were invaded by Americans. So that is why when you hear this moral argument by the western media about how the Ukrainian people deserve our support and money….. it only begs the question where was that media talking about the Iraqi people in 2003? Because they weren’t they were fully behind the American war effort at least initially.

And by the way I disagreed with the invasion of Iraq as well, but once it occurred I stood behind the US military and our president.

Are you a Saddam Hussein supporter if you disagreed with America’s invasion of Iraq? This is said because people can disagree with Ukraine and their government and not be a Russia or putin supporter.

One of the problems is those who say Russia is evil. That’s not appropriate, considering that throughout history so many countries have engaged in wars.

Countries throughout history have made the decision to go on a militaristic affair whether it’s an invasion or a security mission. You can recall the United States war on terrorism, which other people of the world other countries the world says is illegal. Russia says it is in Ukraine to denazify and demilitarize ukraine … but one difference in this war is that there are more of a percentage of Ukrainians that are willing to fight for Russia, more so than the amount of Iraqis that were willing to fight with for America. Think that’s only common sense. Ukraine is on the border of Russia and was a part of the Soviet Union for decades. Of course Iraq is thousands of miles away from America and while there was a huge percentage of Iraqis who were Christian something like 90% of the country was Muslim in 2003. Today most of Ukraine and most of Russia is the same orthodox Christian religion. So there’s differences in these two wars but there might be some similarities to your points.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back