Why Do Republican Voters Hate All Of Their Previous Presidential Candidates?

I have always wondered why the typical Trump voter has more negative things to say about their previous republican presidential candidates than they do about previous democrat presidential candidates??

Be it Bill Clinton, Hillary or Obama -- as much as they despise them all, they also talk about these people as if they are the most powerful people on the planet, leaders of the sinister Deep State, able to murder 100's of people (including people in republican controlled federal prisons), rig elections, turn frogs gay, you name it....Anyone who is able to do all of that has to be the most powerful people on Earth.

I am old enough to remember the Bush years, I remember people worshiping Bush very much like people worship Trump. I remember being called a terrorist and a traitor because I was against the idea of going into Iraq, -- I was told that you are either with Bush or against America, very much like people tell me that you are either with Trump or against America. Now these same folks pretend Bush never existed or try to imply they were never a supporter of Bush or the war in Iraq -- so what happened to these Bush voters??

I am old enough to remember when McCain and Sarah Palin were running for president -- I remember McCain saying the economy was fine, even tho we were in the worst recession in 70 yrs.. I remember future Trump voters making the claim that Sarah Palin was the second coming of Reagan -- now all of those people now say McCain was a fake war hero, a traitor and celebrated his death...And as for Sarah Palin....Sarah who??

How is it today's Trump republicans (who are mainly just regular republicans) can literally hate all of their former candidates going back 30 years and not admit that they were wrong about every candidate that they themselves voted for?? Also, how is it that today's Trump republicans also looked at Trump as a joke of a candidate when he ran for president BEFORE 2015?? Why is it that it took Trump taking over the birther movement and demonizing brown people to make you republicans appoint him the chosen one??

View attachment 276687
As to your last paragraph..it is simple. Trump won.

Yes, many hated him, laughed at him..derided his chances. Now they are on the bandwagon. You must keep in mind that partisans are all about the bandwagon. Oh, there are a few hard-core believers--but most just see Trump as a big stick to bash libs with..nothing more.

Also, Trump executed a hostile takeover of the Republican party..he gave the Republicans a choice..they could either accept his rule..or leave the party..for all intents and purposes. Many left--you don't hear about them much. But they are out there...waiting to take their party back.

The backlash from the Trump years..is going to be horrible. One can already see the cultural signs.

I have always wondered why the typical Trump voter has more negative things to say about their previous republican presidential candidates than they do about previous democrat presidential candidates??

So...lessee, Derp. I've had about:
  1. 1000 negative words to say about Nixon.
  2. 500 negative words to say about Ford.
  3. 1000 negative things to say about Carter.
  4. About 25 negative words to say about Reagan.
  5. About 1000 negative words to say about HW Bush.
  6. About 250,000 negative things to say against the Clintons.
  7. About 2000 negative things to say against GW.
  8. About 100,000 negative things to say against Obama.
  9. And about 800 negative words to say against Trump.
Meantime, the typical Democrat:
  1. Nixon = 100% negative.
  2. Ford = 95% negative.
  3. Carter = 95% positive.
  4. Reagan = 100% negative.
  5. Bush = 100% negative.
  6. Clinton = 100% positive.
  7. GW = 100% negative.
  8. Obama = 150% positive.
  9. Trump = 500% negative.
Deflection noted
View attachment 276697

How is it a deflection to directly address the OP, shithead? Are you deflecting from the fact that your whole thread is based on a LIE and a false premise? :1peleas:
As someone brought up on this very post....You trumpers turn on the same people you were praising all in the same year...Rex Tillerson, McMasters, Mattis, Kelly....yall turned on all of them literally minutes after praising them.....just because Trump told you to....

And simultaneously, welcome back with open arms the very "Neo-cons" you claimed to hate....i.e John Bolton....why is this??

Show me where I ever "turned" on Tillerson, McMasters, Mattis, or Kelly? I thought all of them great, was thrilled to see them part of Trump's team and was very disappointed when things did not work out. Clearly, Trump is a man of particular attitudes and desires, demands absolute loyalty, and is not very flexible or conducive to people under him who do not follow his direction, no matter WHO they are.

2. Ford = 95% negative.
  5. Bush = 100% negative.
  7. GW = 100% negative.
Deflection noted
View attachment 276697

How is it a deflection to directly address the OP, shithead? Are you deflecting from the fact that your whole thread is based on a LIE and a false premise? :1peleas:
As someone brought up on this very post....You trumpers turn on the same people you were praising all in the same year...Rex Tillerson, McMasters, Mattis, Kelly....yall turned on all of them literally minutes after praising them.....just because Trump told you to....

And simultaneously, welcome back with open arms the very "Neo-cons" you claimed to hate....i.e John Bolton....why is this??

I always said TDS flowed both ways

Yep....

Trump Derangement Syndrome

and

Trump Defense Syndrome

both are equally strong

Not half as bad as TSS: Trump Snarky Syndrome. That condition where Trump Bashers have to make up shit against Trump to justify their TDS to themselves.

Be it Bill Clinton, Hillary or Obama -- as much as they despise them all, they also talk about these people as if they are the most powerful people on the planet, leaders of the sinister Deep State, able to murder 100's of people (including people in republican controlled federal prisons), rig elections, turn frogs gay, you name it....Anyone who is able to do all of that has to be the most powerful people on Earth.

I am old enough to remember the Bush years, I remember people worshiping Bush very much like people worship Trump. I remember being called a terrorist and a traitor because I was against the idea of going into Iraq, -- I was told that you are either with Bush or against America, very much like people tell me that you are either with Trump or against America. Now these same folks pretend Bush never existed or try to imply they were never a supporter of Bush or the war in Iraq -- so what happened to these Bush voters??

I am old enough to remember when McCain and Sarah Palin were running for president -- I remember McCain saying the economy was fine, even tho we were in the worst recession in 70 yrs.. I remember future Trump voters making the claim that Sarah Palin was the second coming of Reagan -- now all of those people now say McCain was a fake war hero, a traitor and celebrated his death...And as for Sarah Palin....Sarah who??

How is it today's Trump republicans (who are mainly just regular republicans) can literally hate all of their former candidates going back 30 years and not admit that they were wrong about every candidate that they themselves voted for?? Also, how is it that today's Trump republicans also looked at Trump as a joke of a candidate when he ran for president BEFORE 2015?? Why is it that it took Trump taking over the birther movement and demonizing brown people to make you republicans appoint him the chosen one??

View attachment 276687
/—-/ Can you possibly come up with a more asinine Strawman argument?

2. Ford = 95% negative.
  5. Bush = 100% negative.
  7. GW = 100% negative.
Deflection noted
View attachment 276697

Show me where I ever "turned" on Tillerson, McMasters, Mattis, or Kelly? I thought all of them great, was thrilled to see them part of Trump's team and was very disappointed when things did not work out. Clearly, Trump is a man of particular attitudes and desires, demands absolute loyalty, and is not very flexible or conducive to people under him who do not follow his direction, no matter WHO they are.
Mattis was a huge loss to our country. Trump demands absolute loyalty..even if he is wrong. Hard to work for a guy like that..if you have values and principles.

View attachment 276687

I'm Conservative but not a Republican. I still like Palin, Reagan, Bush Sr. I lost respect for McCain when he sponsored that stupid CFR bill and never liked him since and would never vote for the guy. Bush Jr. disappointed me in his second term. Mitt was okay, a little liberal in some areas. Trump, I would never vote for, he is a liberal trying to be a conservative.

Maybe it's Republicans have a higher expectation in their Presidents then Democrats.

View attachment 276687
/—-/ Why do democRATs practice cannibalism on aborted fetuses before every DNC meeting? That’s disgusting

View attachment 276687
Not everybody fits your mold. Clinton was good, Obama was mediocre. Bush lite was horrible, Trump is good. And I am talking policies-not personalities. As far as brown people go, I like blacks, hate illegals, dislike newly arrived Muslims like Omar, like eastern Indians-these are personal biases based on my experiences alone. The rest is all personal too-and I don't worship Trump or any other politician.
When did Trump become seen as a viable candidate to be president??

Before or after the Birther movement??

And none of what you said addresses the point I made about how there is this tendency to hate/despise/deny all previous republican nominees...

I thought Clinton was an establishment corporate politician, just like Obama was..except Obama was more of a decent human being than Clinton...but I do not hate them, even tho I strongly disagreed with their corporatist centrist policies...

Meanwhile, McCain, Romey, Bush all have virtually the same policies as Trump (Tax cuts for the wealthy, blowing up the deficit, more tax cuts for the wealthy) and Trumpers pretend they are so radically different from Trump -- when the only main difference is that Trump trolls and blows the dog whistle louder
I saw Trump talk about running in the eighties and he talked up economic strength. I can't speak for birthers or haters, I like everybody, except illegals and Omars, but don't agree with their policies in full. I don't like tax cuts for the wealthy, but I am not giving back my cut. I would have voted for Hillary, but I thought I heard her say "I want open borders"", so I voted for Trump-first Republican I ever voted for. I would be surprised if Republican dislikes previous nominees-the talking heads on TV don't seem to dislike them.

View attachment 276687
/—-/ Can you possibly come up with a more asinine Strawman argument?
Can you tell me why your current cult leader was able to attack your previous cult leader for being a fake war hero, a traitor, etc -- and you cult members just lapped it up??

Until you can explain that to me, your faux outrage over my question only proves my point....conservatives hate memory...

As a former republican, I say it's because they're all a bunch of weak, wobbly, double-dealing, mealy-mouthed liars, who campaign as though they're libertarians, then govern like progressives.

That

yep

View attachment 276687
/—-/ Why do democRATs practice cannibalism on aborted fetuses before every DNC meeting? That’s disgusting

Aborted fetuses are delicious. Now answer the question. :mad:

Forum List

Back