Why aren't you wearing an N95 Mask?

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?

You can't eat or drink with the mask on though. So I'm not sure that it would solve the issues with Sporting events, concerts and movies, unless, there was an agreement not to provide food or drink to these events. As for school, eating and drinking would still have to be done in the isolation of home or outside away from other people.

Still, its an excellent Idea. With a population of 332 million and 365 days in a year, will need to make BILLIONS of these N-95 mask. In fact, for the whole population to wear one mask every day, will need to make nearly 121 Billion masks to effectively supply the population for just one year. This should be one of the top goals of the country at the moment. With the uncertainty about when a Vaccine will be available, this is the a way we can find to live with the problem of this pathogen until then.

And while on the subject; you can sterilize and re-use the N95's by leaving them in the direct sunlight for about one minute and a half. The Wuhanvirus dies in warmer direct sunlight in about that time.
I live in the upper Mojave desert, so most days now are in the 80's/90's/100 degrees.

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?
Wearing a mask and no gloves is pointless
Shit, guys can't even wash their hands after using the restroom
Furthermore, the mexicans wipe their ass and leave the fucking toilet paper
on the fucking floor in the guys bathroom and the sanitary fixture in the woman's

Get sick and get it over with

Problem is some people don't get over it. They die.
Since when do we stop life because life is happening

If 7/10 people were dying I'd get it

There are people who exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke, drink or use drugs
and have a heart attack and die in their 30's

We all die

Yes we do. The only point I was making is that getting the virus and stopping it that way is not applicable to everybody. I certainly can't do that. If I catch it, I'm at high risk of not recovering.

There is no right or wrong decision here. Life or economics are at risk no matter which way we decide to go.

Like a lot of things in life there is a need for a balance...

I am sorry but WH has made some bad calls so far and is pushing for a quick back due election fears... We know this because he and his supporters accuses anyone who doesn't agree with him as trying to ruin the economy to hamper his election chances.

Truth is there is plenty of people like CDC, responsible Governors, etc etc... who aren't just looking at what is happening in the world but also what is happening in other countries.. Germany had hot spots and quickly identified them earlier this week and shut a region down again. This didn't take over the country because Germany is testing at levels fairly higher than US... So is Ireland, Denmark and even New Zealand (yes the country who have 10 new cases in the last 10 days and none for 4 days)...

So balance is there... This Trump Supporters calls is open and forget the science because it is awkward is reckless and dangerous...

It has nothing to do with election fears. How long do you want to see the country shutdown given there is no possible way to totally wipeout this virus? You do realize that every day this country shuts down, the more permanent damage we sustain, don't you?

The longer we go on, the more likely more and more of those companies will not be coming back, and neither will their jobs. Our government cannot support all 340 million of us for very long. Continued spending just might be the end of this country as we know it. We will be just like Greece or Venezuela, or perhaps worse. We need to do something.

There is a balance, and that is wear masks, use hand sanitizer, keep mass production of antibody tests and N-95 masks, require employers with more than 20 employees be tested for fevers before entering the workplace. But one way or another, we need to open up this economy.

Agreed with Open the Economy and their is a balance... Lets look at the general European model...

Lets look at Ireland each country has a version (Irish one is in English and come from Boris Johnson (who is making a Royal mess of this):

To start opening:
Generally you have to have a week of 0.75% of daily Growth
Testing 2% of you population per week
Contact Tracing

Then the opening takes a plan like this:

So for Georgia for example:
Daily Growth is 2%
65,000 tests a week on 27th of April. They would need that at 200,000...
No Contact Tracing

They can break up the State but they have to put in barriers to free travel... EU countries are now allowing 3 miles from home unless an essential reason (getting food from shop is essential).

As they release areas they monitor to make sure it doesn't happen too fast... If an infection occurs they use the contact tracing to nail it down.
It is just a little too fast rather than off the charts in some cases , some places are fine and there is ...

I mention the PResident's motives because he tells us that from tweets and

You can't eat or drink with the mask on though. So I'm not sure that it would solve the issues with Sporting events, concerts and movies, unless, there was an agreement not to provide food or drink to these events. As for school, eating and drinking would still have to be done in the isolation of home or outside away from other people.

Still, its an excellent Idea. With a population of 332 million and 365 days in a year, will need to make BILLIONS of these N-95 mask. In fact, for the whole population to wear one mask every day, will need to make nearly 121 Billion masks to effectively supply the population for just one year. This should be one of the top goals of the country at the moment. With the uncertainty about when a Vaccine will be available, this is the a way we can find to live with the problem of this pathogen until then.

Actually Cambridge masks can be worn for 360 hours with out changes... That is 45 straight days... In non medical snse you can wear a N95 for a few weeks, just look after it..

1589482284125.png

Because we can't make them fast enough.
We certainly could make them fast enough if as a nation we decided to do so. It's amazing what a nation can do when the people pull together to win the fight.

We're making them as fast as we can. In fact, Trump had to pressure 3-M to sell their masks more exclusively to the US than other nations.

We have over 340 million people here. Many other companies have given up their highest selling products to convert over to making PPE. However our care givers are first in line. After that, our first responders should be protected. Once we can accomplish that, then people like myself at high risk should be considered. But 340 million people using one mask a day is impossible to provide.

That's why we need more antibody testing if anything. It makes no sense to be giving no-risk people N-95 masks when they don't actually need them.

If a country has the capacity to make a hundred billion bullets in a year, I think they have the capacity to make a hundred billion masks.

on the fucking floor in the guys bathroom and the sanitary fixture in the woman's

All people die.

Yes we do. But that doesn't mean it's proper to make that more prevalent. Yes, numbers are not that shocking until you or one of your immediate family members are part of that statistic.
Almost every friend I have ever had has died young and bloody.

A virus with a survivability rate of over 99% doesn't scare me a damn bit.

I'm sure that's the case. But your situation is not the same as everybody. In my situation, I'm 60 years old, have several medical conditions that make me more vulnerable to death, and one of those medical conditions is number one for death in combination with the Wuhan virus. If not for that, I wouldn't be scared either.
You should stay inside then.
But your health is your responsibility, not the government's and sure as hell not mine.

You can't totally isolate yourself no matter who you are. You need to get out and go shopping, go to the bank, to the drug store to get your prescriptions, get gasoline for your car. With some planning, you can isolate yourself for two or three weeks, but not much beyond that.

You can order online, and the delivery man drops it off on your porch or puts it in the mail box. When the air clears, you can go out and pick the stuff up. A lot of people will never have to leave their property.

We all die

Yes we do. The only point I was making is that getting the virus and stopping it that way is not applicable to everybody. I certainly can't do that. If I catch it, I'm at high risk of not recovering.

There is no right or wrong decision here. Life or economics are at risk no matter which way we decide to go.

I am sorry but WH has made some bad calls so far and is pushing for a quick back due election fears... We know this because he and his supporters accuses anyone who doesn't agree with him as trying to ruin the economy to hamper his election chances.

Truth is there is plenty of people like CDC, responsible Governors, etc etc... who aren't just looking at what is happening in the world but also what is happening in other countries.. Germany had hot spots and quickly identified them earlier this week and shut a region down again. This didn't take over the country because Germany is testing at levels fairly higher than US... So is Ireland, Denmark and even New Zealand (yes the country who have 10 new cases in the last 10 days and none for 4 days)...

So balance is there... This Trump Supporters calls is open and forget the science because it is awkward is reckless and dangerous...

This is not about Trump. Sure he made mistakes, as anyone would have in the course of a global pandemic, but the United States is the epicenter of the world, so it’s natural that we would be hit hard with the virus being it’s as contagious as it is. It’s also disingenuous to compare Ireland response to the entire U.S.’s response when Ireland has a population of 5 million people. There are plenty of states in the U.S. with a higher population than Ireland that are in better shape than Ireland. Lastly, you’re not an American, you should mind your own business and stop pretending you’re concerned.

As for your last comment you can fuck off... You don't like what I say then fuck off.. Again fuck off.. I have & had businesses in US and I am an employer which I again can tell you to fuck off.. You can't seem to handle truth so again you can fuck off...

Again do you want to attack the messenger because you would rather people die than open your eyes outside your little myopic world... But then again you can fuck off...

Why do you feel people can't discuss issues outside your close little fucking world... So how many people have you hired in the US? How much did you ever contribute to that society... Again please don't ever use those useless fucking comments...

Flopper's idea is spot on!

Especially since there won't be an effective vaccine for the Wuhanvirus for 3-5 years.
China concocted a designer bioweapon that is leaving the experts mystified.

All people die.

Yes we do. But that doesn't mean it's proper to make that more prevalent. Yes, numbers are not that shocking until you or one of your immediate family members are part of that statistic.

I'm sure that's the case. But your situation is not the same as everybody. In my situation, I'm 60 years old, have several medical conditions that make me more vulnerable to death, and one of those medical conditions is number one for death in combination with the Wuhan virus. If not for that, I wouldn't be scared either.
But your health is your responsibility, not the government's and sure as hell not mine.

You can't totally isolate yourself no matter who you are. You need to get out and go shopping, go to the bank, to the drug store to get your prescriptions, get gasoline for your car. With some planning, you can isolate yourself for two or three weeks, but not much beyond that.

You can order online, and the delivery man drops it off on your porch or puts it in the mail box. When the air clears, you can go out and pick the stuff up. A lot of people will never have to leave their property.

I use Amazon all the time, but I get my prescriptions at Sam's Club and need to go there every month or two. While home delivery is a bit safer, there are still no guarantees. I have no idea the condition of the person dropping off the packages. Last I read, the virus can stay active on paper and cardboard for 24 hours, and 3 days for plastic.

Because we can't make them fast enough.
We certainly could make them fast enough if as a nation we decided to do so. It's amazing what a nation can do when the people pull together to win the fight.

We're making them as fast as we can. In fact, Trump had to pressure 3-M to sell their masks more exclusively to the US than other nations.

We have over 340 million people here. Many other companies have given up their highest selling products to convert over to making PPE. However our care givers are first in line. After that, our first responders should be protected. Once we can accomplish that, then people like myself at high risk should be considered. But 340 million people using one mask a day is impossible to provide.

That's why we need more antibody testing if anything. It makes no sense to be giving no-risk people N-95 masks when they don't actually need them.

If a country has the capacity to make a hundred billion bullets in a year, I think they have the capacity to make a hundred billion masks.

It's impossible to make a hundred billion of anything a year. According to the Washington post, ammo sales in 2018 was a hair over 8 billion. As a capitalist country, anybody who can mass produce these masks are jumping in on the bandwagon. It's a product that at least for now, will sell as fast as you could make them. Money is the ultimate motivator.

Basically, the N-95 masks are extremely effective in protecting the user and others. But, they are single use items.

Japanese people wear standard masks when they catch a cold or the flu....in an attempt to prevent others from getting ill. These types of masks are effective for repeated use.

If everyone wears a standard mask, the virus will spread far less quickly.

Just wear a standard mask. Be a patriot.

I don't wear one because this lowers the immune system. We inhale about a hundred million viruses a day and need our immune system to constantly fight viruses. Wearing a mask and suppressing your immune system is beyond idiocy.

We all die

It has nothing to do with election fears. How long do you want to see the country shutdown given there is no possible way to totally wipeout this virus? You do realize that every day this country shuts down, the more permanent damage we sustain, don't you?

The longer we go on, the more likely more and more of those companies will not be coming back, and neither will their jobs. Our government cannot support all 340 million of us for very long. Continued spending just might be the end of this country as we know it. We will be just like Greece or Venezuela, or perhaps worse. We need to do something.

There is a balance, and that is wear masks, use hand sanitizer, keep mass production of antibody tests and N-95 masks, require employers with more than 20 employees be tested for fevers before entering the workplace. But one way or another, we need to open up this economy.

Agreed with Open the Economy and their is a balance... Lets look at the general European model...

Lets look at Ireland each country has a version (Irish one is in English and come from Boris Johnson (who is making a Royal mess of this):

To start opening:
Generally you have to have a week of 0.75% of daily Growth
Testing 2% of you population per week
Contact Tracing

Then the opening takes a plan like this:

So for Georgia for example:
Daily Growth is 2%
65,000 tests a week on 27th of April. They would need that at 200,000...
No Contact Tracing

They can break up the State but they have to put in barriers to free travel... EU countries are now allowing 3 miles from home unless an essential reason (getting food from shop is essential).

As they release areas they monitor to make sure it doesn't happen too fast... If an infection occurs they use the contact tracing to nail it down.
It is just a little too fast rather than off the charts in some cases , some places are fine and there is ...

I mention the PResident's motives because he tells us that from tweets and

Actually Cambridge masks can be worn for 360 hours with out changes... That is 45 straight days... In non medical snse you can wear a N95 for a few weeks, just look after it..

View attachment 336028

I believe you can if they are sterilized, which we have been doing for over a month now. My niece in Florida made masks for our family. I've been using it since the day I got it. Although only a waitress, she has a biology degree and waiting for a break to get into medical lab work. Next time I talk with her, I'll ask about the N-95 and the masks she made for us.

Some restaurants are getting creative and using clear shower curtains and plexiglass between tables.

e609603b-29ea-4620-9098-8d172d910c07_1140x641.jpg

Basically, the N-95 masks are extremely effective in protecting the user and others. But, they are single use items.

Japanese people wear standard masks when they catch a cold or the flu....in an attempt to prevent others from getting ill. These types of masks are effective for repeated use.

If everyone wears a standard mask, the virus will spread far less quickly.

Just wear a standard mask. Be a patriot.

I don't wear one because this lowers the immune system. We inhale about a hundred million viruses a day and need our immune system to constantly fight viruses. Wearing a mask and suppressing your immune system is beyond idiocy.

Well. That’s original. I am so impressed that I will not endeavor to poke even a tiny hole in that theory. May you breathe in all viruses.

Need a tam

The people not wearing masks are the incredibly spoiled ones who don't have any objection to spreading a potentially fatal disease around society. They basically don't care if they cause the death of someone else.
[/QUOTE

The people not wearing masks are the incredibly spoiled ones who don't have any objection to spreading a potentially fatal disease around society. They basically don't care if they cause the death of someone else.

Need a tampon?

What's this supposed to mean? It sounds like you are a misogynist incel who does not have anything of substance to say, so you chicken out and try to make a "funny" out of a person's biological makeup. Pathetic.
Now you sound even more in need of one, lol.

We all die

This is not about Trump. Sure he made mistakes, as anyone would have in the course of a global pandemic, but the United States is the epicenter of the world, so it’s natural that we would be hit hard with the virus being it’s as contagious as it is. It’s also disingenuous to compare Ireland response to the entire U.S.’s response when Ireland has a population of 5 million people. There are plenty of states in the U.S. with a higher population than Ireland that are in better shape than Ireland. Lastly, you’re not an American, you should mind your own business and stop pretending you’re concerned.

As for your last comment you can fuck off... You don't like what I say then fuck off.. Again fuck off.. I have & had businesses in US and I am an employer which I again can tell you to fuck off.. You can't seem to handle truth so again you can fuck off...

Again do you want to attack the messenger because you would rather people die than open your eyes outside your little myopic world... But then again you can fuck off...

Why do you feel people can't discuss issues outside your close little fucking world... So how many people have you hired in the US? How much did you ever contribute to that society... Again please don't ever use those useless fucking comments...

Fuck you you piece of shit. You whine about Russia interfering in the U.S. elections, yet here you are a foreigner trying to push your political agenda in a country you don’t reside in. I’ve have paid millions in U.S. taxes and am an American citizen, you have no ties to the U.S. despite your claims. You are very transparent. You either have an inferiority complex because you’re not an American, or you’re jealous because you’re not an American and would rather see America turn into a dismal wasteland like the rest of faggot ass Europe. All you’ve been doing is blaming Trump (someone whom I don’t even support btw) and American institutions for the virus hitting America hard. You’re intentions are political and you’re using American dead bodies to push your agenda. Go fuck yourself and eat a bag of potatoes and follow it up by drinking yourself half to death. Your opinion isn’t welcomed.

i'll tabe gubment masks but i'm not paying for my own lol

58 cents to make 20 dollars a piece to buy on amazon

All people die.

So then why wear a mask in the first place?

Trying to have people prove they have gotten better when they did t even know they were sick(75% iof the positives ) is a waste of time and prolongs the foot dragging

Forum List

Back