Can a business take a workers right away to wear a mask?

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Suppose you are an employee who chooses to wear a mask and your boss says take it off. How will this be handled. Of course the boss is acting unethically and immorally but how will this work?

Suppose you are an employee who chooses to wear a mask and your boss says take it off. How will this be handled. Of course the boss is acting unethically and immorally but how will this work?
If it isn't a safe environment, quit. No other option.
I do find it hard to believe any business would take this position under the circumstances.

Or was this just a "let's create a fake scenario to bash Republicans over the head with" thread?

It's a legit question. Is wearing a mask the right of a worker? Some question.

My boss INSISTS I wear a mask...

mgid ao image mtv.com 28507.jpg

WEAR IT

if you get fired - SUE THE BOSS - IF HE HAS A BOSS, SUE THAT BOSS TOO.

EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO PROTECT THEMSELVES !!!!!!!!!

Went to Medtronic today, They give you a mask before you can proceed. Looking around 50% of their employees in my LOS had their mask below their nose. Great job fellas.....you're saved.

I doubt strippers will be allowed to wear masks

You can sue but in most states you'll lose *shrug*. Maybe all of them

Could make all the same arguments every flu season

Places like disney and other entertainment players can say a lot of what would be considered inappropriate in other industries. They can tell you to lose weight....Definitely can tell you to take off a mask

Went to Medtronic today, They give you a mask before you can proceed. Looking around 50% of their employees in my LOS had their mask below their nose. Great job fellas.....you're saved.

prolly like Pence and wanted to see who they were talking to.

:abgg2q.jpg:

WEAR IT

You do not have a right to that job unless you are bound contractually.
If you truly felt that it was a callous disregard for your safety why would you want to work there in the first place? Just biding your time waiting for the opportunity to file a lawsuit?

Truly hate people like you.

No...I have kids in the work world. They are younger and healthy but always wear a mask now if they go anywhere. Should they tell me their boss is being an ignorant bastard deplorable and tells them take it off it's nice to know the rights a worker has. If a worker feels safer because of it then that should overrid the boss in these circumstances.

No...I have kids in the work world. They are younger and healthy but always wear a mask now if they go anywhere. Should they tell me their boss is being an ignorant bastard deplorable and tells them take it off it's nice to know the rights a worker has. If a worker feels safer because of it then that should overrid the boss in these circumstances.
Wtf?

Usmb is not the arbiter of an employees rights lol

Christ

It may become an issue. I always side with a worker over the corporation.

WEAR IT

Yes they should be able to but things have changed in dismissal. With "right to fire" may be no recourse.

To OP, yes he should be able to. Most do around here and we have had no cases, 0. Employers have no problem here. My only problem is I am near deaf and can't read lips under a mask! One lady tried to tell me something told her I can't hear, can't read her lips she did a great and funny pantomine, we all cracked up.

A business is required, by law, to provide a safe working environment for it's employees.

If you are told you have to take your mask off, or fired for wearing a mask, call OSHA.

WEAR IT

The boss can always transfer the masked employee to another department should one exist and the employee can then keep a job or quit.

Until it is an issue why waste your time contemplating the legal and social ramifications. Way too much time on your hands.

Forum List

Back