Why aren't you wearing an N95 Mask?

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?
Wearing a mask and no gloves is pointless
Shit, guys can't even wash their hands after using the restroom
Furthermore, the mexicans wipe their ass and leave the fucking toilet paper
on the fucking floor in the guys bathroom and the sanitary fixture in the woman's

Get sick and get it over with

Problem is some people don't get over it. They die.
Since when do we stop life because life is happening

If 7/10 people were dying I'd get it

There are people who exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke, drink or use drugs
and have a heart attack and die in their 30's

We all die

Yes we do. The only point I was making is that getting the virus and stopping it that way is not applicable to everybody. I certainly can't do that. If I catch it, I'm at high risk of not recovering.

There is no right or wrong decision here. Life or economics are at risk no matter which way we decide to go.

Like a lot of things in life there is a need for a balance...

I am sorry but WH has made some bad calls so far and is pushing for a quick back due election fears... We know this because he and his supporters accuses anyone who doesn't agree with him as trying to ruin the economy to hamper his election chances.

Truth is there is plenty of people like CDC, responsible Governors, etc etc... who aren't just looking at what is happening in the world but also what is happening in other countries.. Germany had hot spots and quickly identified them earlier this week and shut a region down again. This didn't take over the country because Germany is testing at levels fairly higher than US... So is Ireland, Denmark and even New Zealand (yes the country who have 10 new cases in the last 10 days and none for 4 days)...

So balance is there... This Trump Supporters calls is open and forget the science because it is awkward is reckless and dangerous...
I agree. If the pandemic had hit in Trump's first year or so year in office, he might have been more interested in providing an adequate response to the virus, even thou it hurt the economy but in an election year he has go after the votes and to him that means to open businesses and get people back to work. Of course he's gambling on the voters ignoring the cost in human lives which may well be over 200,000 by election day.
You know what, I can't believe I'm actually going to have to say this to you...
you are talking out your ass

1. You are aware this all occurred during flu season, yes
2. You do know 650,000 people die a year from viruses, yes
3. Are you aware they replaced the H1N1 vaccine virus strain with a live virus?
Oh yeah, just for the Northern Hemisphere
4. Are you aware that knuckleheads who got a flu shot became carriers and could infect others
5. Are you aware it was egg based and less effective to bind and induce an immune response
Oh yeah, this applied to the Northern Hemisphere, WHO recommended SH use cell based
6. Are you aware this was in the last 2 years
7. Are you aware they replaced the H7 master for flu shots the last 2 years
Why...because they had a USELESS H7 STOCKPILE of a master strain
(they had been using since '09, with minimal tweaks and only 10%-60% affective)
AND AN ANTIGENIC VARIANT OF A HPAI H7N9 SUBTYPE EMERGING IN CHINA
IN THE VERY WUHAN VIRUS EPICENTER THAT HAD PANDEMIC POTENTIAL

THE 6TH WAVE IN APRIL 2019 THAT HAD BEEN ONGOING SINCE 2013
AFTER A YEAR WITHOUT CASES(18) SINCE CHANGING
THE POULTRY VACCINE STRAIN AFTER THE 5TH WAVE(16/17)

IT WENT FROM H7N9
TO HPAI H7N9
TO ANTIGENIC VARIANT HPAI H7N9 SUBTYPE
BECAUSE OF VACCINES...VACCINES THEY THROW TOGETHER
USING OTHER PROTEINS FROM OTHER VIRUSES TO FILL GAPS
IN THE VIRUS SEQUENCE THEY NEED WHOLE TO PRODUCE A VACCINE FAST
BECAUSE THEY ARE LOSING SO MUCH MONEY CULLING THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS
OF PIGS AND CHICKENS BECAUSE THEY KEEP GETTING AI AND SWINE VIRUSES

BECAUSE THESE PIGS AND CHICKENS ARE WALKING IN THEIR SHIT AND PISS
ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER IN ENCLOSURES UNSANITARY AND INHUMAN
THESE ANIMALS GET DISEASES BECAUSE OF THEIR CONDITIONS
NOT BECAUSE A FUCKING PATHOGEN JUMPED OFF A FUCKING BAT

HYPOTHESIS...DID YOU KNOW THAT
PHYLOGENETIC TREES ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT BASED ON FACT

AFRICAN SWINE FEVER....ANOTHER CURRENT OUTBREAK IN NASTY CHINA
WHICH HAS BEEN SPREADING ACROSS EUROPE

WELL THATS WHAT WHO NAMED IT....
CAUSE GOD FORBID THEY HAVE TO GIVE AN ACCOUNT
FOR WHY THEY ARE RELEVANT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM

WHO MADE CHANGES IN MARCH 2019 TO 2019/20 NORTHERN HEMISPHERE FLU VACCINES
THEY SWITCHED OUT H7 FOR H3

WHY WERE CHINAS DEATH NUMBERS LOW
THEY ALREADY HAD A VACCINE THEY HAD BEEN USING
WHY WERE THEIR CASES SO HIGH
BECAUSE OF HOW THEY DETERMINED POSITIVE CASES

WHY WERENT CHILDREN IN CHINA AFFECTED
THEY VACCINATED THEM

WHY ARE CHILDREN HERE BEING AFFLICTED WITH SHIT NOW
DID YOU KNOW THEY STARTING USING LIVE VIRUSES
IN CHILDHOOD VACCINES RECENTLY FOR A STUDY...ME NEITHER

TRUMP DIDNT ACT SOONER
GUESS WHAT...WE CANT ACT NOW
BECAUSE WE HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH

AND THAT WILL TAKE LONGER THAN IT SHOULD
BECAUSE THESE MOTHER FUCKERS ARENT GOING TO ADMIT
THEIR VACCINES ARE CAUSING ALL THESE FUCKING PROBLEMS

I'll leave links to shit I stated...i'm taking my dog out
I can't believe you waste your time writing a collection of unrelated facts, half truths, and lies that are off topic, and no one is going to waste their time reading.
As soon as I get back from the store
I will go line by line just for you

You're right about one thing though, no one wants to bother reading
what i spent hundreds of hours researching since January 23

N95 masks provide near complete protection for the wearer and others. Suppose there were enough for everyone in the country, imagine how few cases there would be. Business and schools could open almost immediately with little danger to employees and customers or students and teachers. So why aren’t we doing it?

As it turns out, the cost of manufacturing an N95 mask is only about 58 cents. The CDC recommends masks are changed every 8 hours of use. It might be a lot less for non-healthcare employees. Assuming a mask could be made available for $1 each and all employers and schools were required to provide masks for employees and students, the cost would be about $15 a month for each full time employee or student. The general public would be required to wear N95 masks in public places with the federal government subsidizing the cost for low income families.

Although the cost is high, about 4 or 5 billion a month it’s a lot less than what the epidemic is costing the country, not to mention the loss of lives and the disruption to the lives of hundreds of millions of people. We could open up schools and business as soon as the masks were available and we probably could do away with most restrictions. If the program was successful, there’s a good chance the virus could be almost eliminated within a few months. Sporting events and concerts and other mass gathering could continue. So why isn't it even being considered?
on the fucking floor in the guys bathroom and the sanitary fixture in the woman's

We all die

Yes we do. The only point I was making is that getting the virus and stopping it that way is not applicable to everybody. I certainly can't do that. If I catch it, I'm at high risk of not recovering.

There is no right or wrong decision here. Life or economics are at risk no matter which way we decide to go.

I am sorry but WH has made some bad calls so far and is pushing for a quick back due election fears... We know this because he and his supporters accuses anyone who doesn't agree with him as trying to ruin the economy to hamper his election chances.

Truth is there is plenty of people like CDC, responsible Governors, etc etc... who aren't just looking at what is happening in the world but also what is happening in other countries.. Germany had hot spots and quickly identified them earlier this week and shut a region down again. This didn't take over the country because Germany is testing at levels fairly higher than US... So is Ireland, Denmark and even New Zealand (yes the country who have 10 new cases in the last 10 days and none for 4 days)...

So balance is there... This Trump Supporters calls is open and forget the science because it is awkward is reckless and dangerous...
I agree. If the pandemic had hit in Trump's first year or so year in office, he might have been more interested in providing an adequate response to the virus, even thou it hurt the economy but in an election year he has go after the votes and to him that means to open businesses and get people back to work. Of course he's gambling on the voters ignoring the cost in human lives which may well be over 200,000 by election day.

4. Are you aware that knuckleheads who got a flu shot became carriers and could infect others
5. Are you aware it was egg based and less effective to bind and induce an immune response
Oh yeah, this applied to the Northern Hemisphere, WHO recommended SH use cell based

IT WENT FROM H7N9
TO HPAI H7N9

THEY VACCINATED THEM

TRUMP DIDNT ACT SOONER

I can't believe you waste your time writing a collection of unrelated facts, half truths, and lies that are off topic, and no one is going to waste their time reading.

You're right about one thing though, no one wants to bother reading
what i spent hundreds of hours researching since January 23
If you really want to waste your time, that's fine with me, but it's off topic and I probably will not have the time to read it or respond.

We all die

IT WENT FROM H7N9
TO HPAI H7N9

THEY VACCINATED THEM

TRUMP DIDNT ACT SOONER

In the United States, flu season occurs in the fall and winter. While influenza viruses circulate year-round, most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, but activity can last as late as May.

Will pick up from here in next reply ^^

1589575647564.png

On 18–20 February 2019 in Beijing, China, the World Health Organization (WHO) agreed on the recommended composition of the quadrivalent influenza vaccine for the northern hemisphere 2019–2020 influenza season: an A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus, a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (B/Victoria/2/87 lineage), a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata/16/88 lineage) and an A(H3N2) virus component to be announced on 21 March 2019. The recommendation for the A(H3N2) component was postponed in light of recent changes in the proportions of genetically and antigenically diverse A(H3N2) viruses to allow more time for the selection of the appropriate virus strain. It is recommended that the influenza B virus component of trivalent vaccines for use in the 2019–2020 northern hemisphere influenza season be a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus of B/Victoria/2/87-lineage.

The WHO recommendations are based on the viruses currently circulating globally.

WHO recommended a change in the (H1N1)pdm09 component compared to the current trivalent and quadrivalent vaccines for the northern hemisphere 2018–2019 influenza season.

1589580660250.jpeg

1589580810194.jpeg

the corona has revealed that nature is always more unpredictable than the most sophisticated mathematical and geological models can imagine

If you really want to waste your time, that's fine with me, but it's off topic and I probably will not have the time to read it or respond.
WOW...really
I must be slipping cuz I consider myself a good judge of character

You stated I wrote....
a collection of unrelated facts, half truths, and lies that are off topic,

You don't have to respond, that's fine
Personally, I'd rather be enlightened then remain ignorant
Truth or getting answers takes an effort and conclusions takes critical thinking
and really, truth is more or less a matter of opinion anyway
But, at the end of the day, I'd rather lean on my truth than someone else's

Because none of this shit is actually about the virus, maybe?

Duh....

BINGO...

JO

Nothing wrong with masking up. We have those that walk around saying "I'm not wearing no mask" because I'm an invincible american.
No one said there was anything wrong with wearing a mask just as there is nothing wrong with NOT wearing a mask.

The people not wearing masks are the incredibly spoiled ones who don't have any objection to spreading a potentially fatal disease around society. They basically don't care if they cause the death of someone else.
People who wear masks are control freaks who think they can tell others what to wear in the futile attempt to control a fucking virus.

Some folks say, ‘Let's take a pause.’ Let's take a pause? Do you think this virus is taking a pause?

It has been reported that N95 masks from China and some other foreign countries may not be real N95 masks due to poor or no quality control.

They lower your oxygen levels and if you wear them for an extended period can make you pass out. They can actually make you more susceptible to the virus over time.

For those so naive to believe they are an important member of society, wake up to reality. The goal of our government is NOT to save the lives of insignificant citizens at any time, for any reason.

So far, the U.S. government has borrowed $2.2 trillion. Nearly all of that money will find its way directly into the pockets of the billionaire class and provide massive bonuses for corporate heads.

This second stimulus bill will borrow $3 trillion, and all but a small percentage of this money will also wind up in the offshore accounts of the billionaire class.

This administration's efforts regarding the COVID-19 pandemic has never been about slowing the spread of the disease or saving Americans' lives. Every move made by the impeached president trump, delaying any response, to withholding severely needed medical supplies, and lying about everything, has been done to further enrich roughly 600 billionaires.

These are the same billionaires that terrify conservatives, centrists, and most liberals. The terror these rich ba$tards instill in this overwhelming percentage of the U.S. population stems from the threat to take jobs out of the country. (Which, they have been doing since the 1980s, regardless of how much conservative, centrist, and most liberal voters ki$$ their super-rich a$$es.)

At best, the government might provide low-cost vaccinations, if, a COVID-19 vaccine is ever developed. But, the initial cost of a vaccine will be high. Whether it is sold directly to consumers or to the government to be resold at an extreme loss to make it affordable to all.

Whatever happens, the COVID-19 pandemic will be a cash cow for the billionaire class and any big corporation able to exploit the associated crises it causes.

It has been reported that N95 masks from China and some other foreign countries may not be real N95 masks due to poor or no quality control.
Yes there are plenty of fake mask.

you got a problem with me not wearing a mask? tough shit. this is america, the birthplace of freedom!
Freedom does not include the right to make others sick.
Someone choosing not to wear a mask is not making you sick, and you know it. That's just an excuse you use to justify your shitty behavior to yourself.
This sort of "you not doing what I tell you = you endangering lives" bullshit is a good way for us to tell who the authoritarians are, so thanks for that. It's always good to know who all the shitty little backstabbers are.

Forum List

Back