Why are cons ALWAYS on the wrong side of history?

Weird, not ONE conservative has even TRIED to show my posit is wrong. They've used insults and personal attacks. They've conflated parties (which have switched several times over the last 100+ years), CLAIMING the Repubs who fought slavery were NOT PROGRESSIVES OR LIBERALS? That the Southern conservatives weren't the ones who were the KKK?

ANYONE? lol

Weird, not ONE conservative has even TRIED to show my posit is wrong. They've used insults and personal attacks. They've conflated parties (which have switched several times over the last 100+ years), CLAIMING the Repubs who fought slavery were NOT PROGRESSIVES OR LIBERALS? That the Southern conservatives weren't the ones who were the KKK?

ANYONE? lol
I'm no conservative but I used another's specific description for today's democrats being uber conservative. That was to the point.

Can any of you conservatives/GOPers explain WHY you have consistently been on the wrong side of history, and ALL you have are bullshit revisionist history or attacks on liberal/progressive policies that created America?

600x451

lawrence-odonnell-liberals-versus-conservatives-quote.jpg

Progressives did not exist until T. Roosevelt, Taft and Wilson.

Can any of you conservatives/GOPers explain WHY you have consistently been on the wrong side of history, and ALL you have are bullshit revisionist history or attacks on liberal/progressive policies that created America?

600x451

Was Lincoln really our first Progressive?

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."

-- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Kind of sounds like Lincoln was the 1st Champion of Labor!

...When Lincoln gave this speech at the Wisconsin fair, Americans knew him as the rising Republican politician who debated Stephen Douglas. One year later he would be elected president, and two years after that he signed the bill establishing the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Was Lincoln really our first Progressive

Lincoln was elected to office on November 6, 1860, after running on a anti-slavery, pro-equality, and pro-public jobs platform. The platform pledged not to extend slavery, and Lincoln himself called for prompt establishment of a daily mail service and a transcontinental railroad; notably, both “public” programs

On Equality

On the Minimum Wage

On Immigration

On Labor

“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”

Please Shut It You are NOT the Party of Abe Lincoln Teddy Roosevelt or Dwight D. Eisenhower Anymore - Forward Progressives

Which party has been on the side of the KKK and slavery since day one? Oh right, LBJ/Byrd Democrats. You still got dem niggas voting for ya the next 200 years!

PARTY? lol. No it was SOUTHERN conservatives, today's GOP base Bubba

IT WAS LIBERAL/PROGRESSIVES WHO FOUGHT THOSE THINGS. You know PROGRESSIVE ABE LINCOLN? Income taxes? lol

Really, so you're saying FDR was a conservative?

Which party has been on the side of the KKK and slavery since day one? Oh right, LBJ/Byrd Democrats. You still got dem niggas voting for ya the next 200 years!

PARTY? lol. No it was SOUTHERN conservatives, today's GOP base Bubba

IT WAS LIBERAL/PROGRESSIVES WHO FOUGHT THOSE THINGS. You know PROGRESSIVE ABE LINCOLN? Income taxes? lol

Really, so you're saying FDR was a conservative?

No Bubba, but he listened to them in 1937 and cut spending 10% (AUSTERITY THEY CLAMORED FOR) , and put US back into the GOP/conservatives great depression!

600x451

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."

...When Lincoln gave this speech at the Wisconsin fair, Americans knew him as the rising Republican politician who debated Stephen Douglas. One year later he would be elected president, and two years after that he signed the bill establishing the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Lincoln was elected to office on November 6, 1860, after running on a anti-slavery, pro-equality, and pro-public jobs platform. The platform pledged not to extend slavery, and Lincoln himself called for prompt establishment of a daily mail service and a transcontinental railroad; notably, both “public” programs

On Equality

On the Minimum Wage

On Immigration

On Labor

“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”

Please Shut It You are NOT the Party of Abe Lincoln Teddy Roosevelt or Dwight D. Eisenhower Anymore - Forward Progressives
The Party of Lincoln, hates Lincoln.

600x451

On Equality

On the Minimum Wage

On Immigration

On Labor

Oh boy
Talk about revisionist history.
Lincoln was against the lobbyists that he saw causing corruption in the future and he was right.
Lincoln also believed in individualism not collectivism like the progressives do.

600x451

On Equality

On the Minimum Wage

On Immigration

On Labor

Oh boy
Talk about revisionist history.
Lincoln was against the lobbyists that he saw causing corruption in the future and he was right.
Lincoln also believed in individualism not collectivism like the progressives do.

Against lobbyist? Oh you mean like getting money out of politics the Dems have wanted and tried to do as the GOPers/conservatives have fought it?

Nah, Abe didn't want no "collectivism", THAT'S why he just allowed those conservatives in the South break away right? lol

Lincoln-government.jpg

Forum List

Back