Supreme Court Emergency Decision To End All Firearm Permits Nationwide Gets Put Into Motion

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Does anyone have more information on this case? I was completely blindsided by this news title and was working at the time and couldn't investigate it further. The article linked below just gives me a sense of deja vu because it sounds like that case in New York that essentially dismantled the discretionary system used in "may issue" states to deny permits to anyone it chose.

In a groundbreaking development, the Supreme Court is set to consider an emergency decision that could potentially end all firearm permits nationwide. This move comes after a significant legal battle challenging New York’s stringent permit requirements for purchasing and possessing rifles and shotguns. The case has been advanced to the full Supreme Court for review, marking a pivotal moment for Second Amendment rights in the United States.
MSN

Last edited:
Does anyone have more information on this case? I was completely blindsided by this news title and was working at the time and couldn't investigate it further. The article linked below just gives me a sense of deja vu because it sounds like that case in New York that essentially dismantled the discretionary system used in "may issue" states to deny permits to anyone it chose.

MSN
First, it's MSN. Not the most reliable source.

Second, the entire "article" is two sentences.

Third, no other news outlet has said anything about it.

Call me an snob or an elitist, but I didn't go through the vetting and training rigamarole to get a valid permit 12 years ago, just to be told that I don't need a permit anymore.

Looks like the application referred to the full court was denied. May 20.
From that link:

After a merits-based determination, a district court of the Southern District of New York permanently enjoined a discretionary provision of the Rifle/Shotgun licensing scheme for New York City that requires non-prohibited individuals to prove to a government official that they possess ‘good moral character’ before they may lawfully possess rifles and shotguns for self-defense.

What crazed lunatic thought that would stand?

MSN
I'll admit when I first read it, I interpreted it in the opposite way it was meant. I thought they were stating all current concealed carry licenses were being abolished nationwide. Not that if the ruling is favorable that those permitting systems may be ruled unconstitutional and then abolished freeing citizen to carry without permit.

I'll admit when I first read it, I interpreted it in the opposite way it was meant. I thought they were stating all current concealed carry licenses were being abolished nationwide. Not that if the ruling is favorable that those permitting systems may be ruled unconstitutional and then abolished freeing citizen to carry without permit.
I think it is to allow anyone to carry without a permit. Bad idea I think.
So guys with long rap sheets of violent crimes, can carry, no questions asked ?

I thought the permit I have in my wallet, was to separate me (78 years never arrested) from those kind of guys.

From that link:

After a merits-based determination, a district court of the Southern District of New York permanently enjoined a discretionary provision of the Rifle/Shotgun licensing scheme for New York City that requires non-prohibited individuals to prove to a government official that they possess ‘good moral character’ before they may lawfully possess rifles and shotguns for self-defense.

What crazed lunatic thought that would stand?
You seem to not understand the issues.

Try reading the papers initially filed for Sotomayor.

The issue is the burden put on the applicant for a rifle permit to establish (to the satisfaction of some state bureaucrat) that the applicant (a U.S. citizen) has “good moral character.” (Whatever that might mean to the bureaucrat.)

Now, this present SCOTUS denial of the relief sought doesn’t terminate the appeal. It does allow a stay to remain in effect pending the appeal.

How the SCOTUS ultimately rules? That’s undetermined.

Last edited:
Have machine gun towers and mines been tested yet?
As a matter of fact, the Israeli wall has armed guard towers.

So...yeah.

]
1400x934.jpg

Forum List

Back