Obama rains on American motorist's parade...

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
Another gaffe by the AKOTUS( ass kicker of the US) .....What is it with this guy?
Or is it he is typical of the political left.....Always doom and gloom.
Obama Don 8217 t Get Too Used To Low Gas Prices The Daily Caller

I will state this one more time.....Knowing how Obama operates with careful political calculations. Meaning nothing he has done has not been carefully examined for any potential political fallout, I believe that if Obama could have gotten away with it, he'd have issued an executive order increasing the federal gasoline tax to at least $1.00 per gallon. I think Obama is that much of a scoundrel.
This is pure speculation on my part as I have no way to prove any of this has a ring of truth to it. All I can do is guess based on the track record of Obama...

Uh-- how is this a "gaffe"? Do you know what the word "gaffe" means?

What's your point? That we should take low gas prices for granted?

Who said anything about taking the current prices for granted?
The point is 'can we not enjoy these prices for five fucking minutes'?
The gaffe is Obama flapping his gums about a subject on which he has little knowledge.
He is not an energy price/supply analyst. He is no expert in the industry.
With that in mind, he should keep his mouth shut. He should let the experts who are trained and experienced in these areas do the talking.
Just because Obama hold the office does not mean he must have something to say about everything.

Who said anything about taking the current prices for granted?

O'bama. In your OP link. Remember your OP?

The point is 'can we not enjoy these prices for five fucking minutes'?

It's been several months actually.

The gaffe is Obama flapping his gums about a subject on which he has little knowledge.

About not taking gas prices -- which have always been volatile -- for granted? I think we all know that.

He is not an energy price/supply analyst. He is no expert in the industry.

Doesn't need to be. It's common frickin' sense.

With that in mind, he should keep his mouth shut. He should let the experts who are trained and experienced in these areas do the talking.

Who forces you to tune this in?

Just because Obama hold the office does not mean he must have something to say about everything.

:eusa_boohoo:

cheese.jpg

I read the first few paragraphs and I think he's absolutely correct.
About what?.....

About the following. The most intelligent shit I've heard come from his semi-Negro un-vetted pie-hole in a very long time...

President Obama is warning Americans not to get too used to low prices at the pump, saying that people will be hurting when gasoline prices rise back to previous levels.

“I would strongly advise American consumers to continue to think about how you save money at the pump because it is good for the environment, it’s good for family pocketbooks and if you go back to old habits and suddenly gas is back at $3.50, you are going to not be real happy,” Obama said, according to The Detroit News.

“The American people should not believe that … demand for oil by China and India and all these emerging countries is going to stay flat. Just demographics tell us demand is going to continue to grow, that over the long term it will grow faster than supply and we have to be smart about our energy policy,” Obama added.

I read the first few paragraphs and I think he's absolutely correct.
About what?.....

About the following. The most intelligent shit I've heard come from his semi-Negro un-vetted pie-hole in a very long time...

President Obama is warning Americans not to get too used to low prices at the pump, saying that people will be hurting when gasoline prices rise back to previous levels.

“I would strongly advise American consumers to continue to think about how you save money at the pump because it is good for the environment, it’s good for family pocketbooks and if you go back to old habits and suddenly gas is back at $3.50, you are going to not be real happy,” Obama said, according to The Detroit News.

“The American people should not believe that … demand for oil by China and India and all these emerging countries is going to stay flat. Just demographics tell us demand is going to continue to grow, that over the long term it will grow faster than supply and we have to be smart about our energy policy,” Obama added.

Yup, pretty hard to argue against that.

This is after all the country that's so shortsighted that sales of fuel-inefficient cars always go up when gas prices go down -- as if cars have an operational life of a week.

Forum List

Back