Why a Big Mac costs more in Seattle than in Austin

I noticed the price going up, it now cost $8.81 for a big Mac , fries and a large coke

Customers may pay anywhere from $3.75 for a Big Mac in Austin, Texas, to $6.39 in Seattle. For Cheeseburgers, the variation was even greater, from $1 in places like Chicago and Houston to $2.29 in New York City.

You can get a Big Mac in Guatemala for $3.20. Wanna move there?

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.
You comparing austIn to Mexico, that's how you want to spin this?

I noticed the price going up, it now cost $8.81 for a big Mac , fries and a large coke

Customers may pay anywhere from $3.75 for a Big Mac in Austin, Texas, to $6.39 in Seattle. For Cheeseburgers, the variation was even greater, from $1 in places like Chicago and Houston to $2.29 in New York City.

McDonalds is spraling out of control pricewise. It's easy to lose 30 bucks to a puny paper bag that weighs less than two pounds now. It will eventually destroy them.

Jo

Only in Conservatopia is making less better than making more.

getty_486546021_2000173820009280299_124855.jpg

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.
You can get 2 whoppers ( Bigger, better and healthier than a big mac ) for five bucks and change anywhere in the US.
McDonalds is in big trouble.

Jo

You can get 2 whoppers ( Bigger, better and healthier than a big mac ) for five bucks and change anywhere in the US.

They've had that for many years because BK gives out coupons every week, compared to McDonald's which gives out coupons every two months or so. They will never be a threat to McDonald's because it's all a matter of what you have a taste for. I'm a single guy. I can't eat two Whoppers.

Restaurant workers: Time is right to seek higher pay

Sounds like the restaurant workers think they have leverage over restaurant owners now. Of course many restaurants can't pry their former workers off of unemployment.
There is no unemployment only underpayment under Capitalism.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

Or, if is it about social morals for free, those CEOs are welcome to work the front lines and lead by example from the front.

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

Jo
Link?

Sounds like the restaurant workers think they have leverage over restaurant owners now. Of course many restaurants can't pry their former workers off of unemployment.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

Or, if is it about social morals for free, those CEOs are welcome to work the front lines and lead by example from the front.
There is no such thing as underpayment.
What there is is an economy that comes complete with unmatched opportunity for advancement. Forced egalitarianism is what destroys jobs not capitalism.

When you use someone else's material, Daniel you really should put it in quotes! The first sentence is you...the last sentence is you. The paragraph in the middle you ripped off from someone else. You know how I can tell? That paragraph made sense and was written by someone with an above the eighth grade level writing level. Your material is the usual gibberish.

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.
You’re comparing Austin to Seattle. What’s wrong with another comparison?

Prices are different in different parts of the world. Cost of living varies. It’s really quite simple.

Denmark doesn't have a bunch of illegal Mexican slaves who will work for dirt.
:dunno:
Raise the minimum wage.
And prices for everything will be raised accordingly...
They are being raised according, regardless. Why do you object to wages keeping up with inflation?

I think another question they should be asking is why are the executives and management being paid obscene millions.

The salaries of those at the top are hundreds of times more than the workers and the far right has no problem with it. They fight for them to be paid those millions.

Yet the people who do the everyday work in the restaurants don't deserve a living wage and are driving up prices.

Prices increase whether wages are increased. If wages kept up with the increases in in the price of their food the workers would be paid a lot more.

The biggest reason why those prices keep going up is the greed of the executives and managers by demanding to be paid those millions of dollars and by stockholders who demand quick high profits on their investments.

Until the conservatives start demanding that the executives and managers stop being paid all those millions, their cries about the cost of goods and services are a bunch of garbage and ignored by all intelligent people.

I think another question they should be asking is why are the executives and management being paid obscene millions.

The salaries of those at the top are hundreds of times more than the workers and the far right has no problem with it. They fight for them to be paid those millions.

Yet the people who do the everyday work in the restaurants don't deserve a living wage and are driving up prices.

Prices increase whether wages are increased. If wages kept up with the increases in in the price of their food the workers would be paid a lot more.

The biggest reason why those prices keep going up is the greed of the executives and managers by demanding to be paid those millions of dollars and by stockholders who demand quick high profits on their investments.

Until the conservatives start demanding that the executives and managers stop being paid all those millions, their cries about the cost of goods and services are a bunch of garbage and ignored by all intelligent people.

People get paid by what they are worth. People at the top will always make more money, because if they didn't, there would be no reason to work your way to the top. It is they who organize and run the administration so that all those workers could have a job.

Why is it you people on the left have a problem with people making money in corporations and not the entertainment sector? If they pay an actor or actress 14 million dollars to make one movie, why is it wrong for a CEO to make 5 million dollars for the entire year? Why is it okay to pay a star pitcher 7 million dollars a year to play a child's game, but wrong to pay a CEO the same?

If you think executives and upper management make too much money, the solution to your problem is to become an upper management person or executive yourself.

They like to think they’re rockstars and ball players deserve that kind of money.

Last edited:

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

Prices are different in different parts of the world. Cost of living varies. It’s really quite simple.
Liberals in cities are like lobsters in a boiling pot of water they don't know how bad they are getting burned

I bring up how the same thing cost less a few hundred miles away and they get all upset

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

Liberals in cities are like lobsters in a boiling pot of water they don't know how bad they are getting burned

I bring up how the same thing cost less a few hundred miles away and they get all upset
Mexico’s Big Mac is cheaper. Do you feel sad that you aren’t living in Mexico?

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

Uhm we are talking the united states and minimum wage.

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

But Mexico is even cheaper. You just don’t see how you’re getting burned.

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

But Mexico is even cheaper. You just don’t see how you’re getting burned.

Uhm I need a passport to go to Mexico not to Austin.

I am not the one trying to force higher prices on the nation you and the left is

Forum List

Back