Why a Big Mac costs more in Seattle than in Austin

I costs more to live in Democrat controlled areas.
Just think of it as Liberal loon tax. ... :cool:
Minnesota is one of the highest taxed states and the Common Loon is the state bird and politician.
For that price I will pay a few bucks more and get a real burger at a real restaurant.

Coming in at number one is Becks Prime in Houston, Texas. This place is famous for grounding certified Angus Beef on-site and has been open since 1985. Burger Joint in New York City comes in second and is known for keeping a small menu that’s focused primarily on burgers, fries and beer.
I costs more to live in Democrat controlled areas.
Just think of it as Liberal loon tax. ... :cool:
Minnesota is one of the highest taxed states and the Common Loon is the state bird and politician.
For that price I will pay a few bucks more and get a real burger at a real restaurant.

I noticed the price going up, it now cost $8.81 for a big Mac , fries and a large coke

Customers may pay anywhere from $3.75 for a Big Mac in Austin, Texas, to $6.39 in Seattle. For Cheeseburgers, the variation was even greater, from $1 in places like Chicago and Houston to $2.29 in New York City.

Denmark doesn't have a bunch of illegal Mexican slaves who will work for dirt.
:dunno:
Raise the minimum wage.
And prices for everything will be raised accordingly...

Think of how cheap stuff would be if we didn't have to pay the help at all!

Only in Conservatopia is making less better than making more.

You forgot the paying more part.
When you look at average pay they pretty much all level out. Until you get to paying taxes,thats where the liberal states lose ground.

I noticed the price going up, it now cost $8.81 for a big Mac , fries and a large coke

Customers may pay anywhere from $3.75 for a Big Mac in Austin, Texas, to $6.39 in Seattle. For Cheeseburgers, the variation was even greater, from $1 in places like Chicago and Houston to $2.29 in New York City.

I don't know where you got your numbers but I just did a search on the price of a Big Mac in Seattle. I couldn't get only the hamburger but got the price of a Big Mac meal.

I don't eat that kind of food so I don't know what it costs. However, it wouldn't matter to me about the cost since I make a lot more money than the people in Austin and have a much higher standard of living without all the pollution and the mess that is Texas. I don't have to worry that someone I love or myself is going to lose power in the middle of the worst storm in 10 years because the electric company didn't do their job to winterize but still charged me some of the the highest electric rates in the nation.

It's 9 dollars for a Big Mac meal in Seattle.

So it's 19 cents more for a Big Mac meal in Seattle than it is in Austin.

Big deal. People in Seattle are paid a lot more than people living on slave wages in Austin.

The people in Seattle have a much better and higher standard of living too.

If you want to save 19 cents on food that's killing you and are willing to sacrifice your standard of living, go for it but you're making a very stupid choice.

I don't know where you got your numbers but I just did a search on the price of a Big Mac in Seattle. I couldn't get only the hamburger but got the price of a Big Mac meal.

I don't eat that kind of food so I don't know what it costs. However, it wouldn't matter to me about the cost since I make a lot more money than the people in Austin and have a much higher standard of living without all the pollution and the mess that is Texas. I don't have to worry that someone I love or myself is going to lose power in the middle of the worst storm in 10 years because the electric company didn't do their job to winterize but still charged me some of the the highest electric rates in the nation.

It's 9 dollars for a Big Mac meal in Seattle.

So it's 19 cents more for a Big Mac meal in Seattle than it is in Austin.

Big deal. People in Seattle are paid a lot more than people living on slave wages in Austin.

The people in Seattle have a much better and higher standard of living too.

If you want to save 19 cents on food that's killing you and are willing to sacrifice your standard of living, go for it but you're making a very stupid choice.

My link is march 2021 and no it's not 19cents..

Once again from my link

Customers may pay anywhere from $3.75 for a Big Mac in Austin, Texas, to $6.39 in Seattle

Raise the minimum wage.
They are being raised according, regardless. Why do you object to wages keeping up with inflation?

Raise the minimum wage.
They are being raised according, regardless. Why do you object to wages keeping up with inflation?
Why do you support the job market being 100% favorable to employers by having 5 people chasing 1 job?

Utopia is where you can make a NY salary and can buy Houston priced Big Macs.
Higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
They don't seem to understand that.

So getting paid more makes up for the price of housing?
Yes, especially when wages outpace inflation.

So where does that happen?
Things cost way more in yankee land than in the South,across the board.

So where does that happen?
Things cost way more in yankee land than in the South,across the board.

Things like new cars, vacations, college tuition, things you buy online to name a few ?

Or do you get some kind of special Gooberville discount that we Yankees don’t know about?

Forum List

Back